Thread: Gentle Giant Reunite Virtually For First Time In 4 Decades For New Video

Gentle Giant Reunite Virtually For First Time In 4 Decades For New Video

Gentle Giant Reunite Virtually For First Time In 4 Decades For New Video Along With Members of King Crimson, Yes and More!

Prog Legends Gentle Giant reunite for new version of “Proclamation” premiered by PROG Magazine

The classic Gentle Giant line-up have reunited for the first time since 1980 for a unique new video. Pieced together over the last few months, it’s a brand new performance of “Proclamation” (originally from the band’s 1974 album “The Power & The Glory”) including appearances from Gentle Giant alumni Derek, Ray and Phil Shulman, Gary Green, Kerry Minnear, John Weathers and Malcolm Mortimore. There are also guest appearances by numerous notable musicians including Jakko Jakszyk (King Crimson), Billy Sherwood (YES), Lee Pomeroy (ELO/Steve Hackett), Dan Reed (Dan Reed Network), Richard Hilton (Chic) and Mikey Heppner (Priestess).

Watch the video:
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/gen...-OxES2_qKIg3Jo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYjFP8gildU

“This terrible pandemic is being felt all over the world and with everyone being stuck at home, I figured now would be the perfect time to bring positivity out in the world, bring everyone together and celebrate our love of music and Gentle Giant,” explains Noah Shulman, son of Derek and mastermind behind this project tp Dom Lawson of PROG Magazine. “Over the years I was always amazed with how many people were filming their renditions of Gentle Giant tracks from all over the world on an array of instruments. So that sparked the idea of wanting to see them all in one place, blending sounds and instruments into a single track.”

Directed and edited by Noah Shulman and mixed by his uncle Ray, the video is likely to be remembered most for the momentous reuniting of the real Gentle Giant, albeit only briefly and via to the wonders of remote communication. Seeing that the band have never seemed likely to reform, this is a significant and exciting moment for Gentle Giant fans everywhere. Says Noah, “It’s a sort of thank you from the band to the fans.”

For more information:
    Twitter: @GGIANTMUSIC
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gentlegiantband/
    Instagram: @gentlegiantband

Press inquiries (North America): Glass Onyon PR, PH: 1-828-350-8158, glassonyonpr@gmail.com

Thanks for sharing that. I enjoyed it.

Great to see those guys together again, even in a remote capacity.

That is something special.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I've always dreamed of one day seeing Gentle Giant at a live concert - unfortunately I'm from a generation that didn't have that chance! All the great Prog bands somehow managed to reunite and this gave a chance to their "younger" fans to listen to them live. I have already stopped dreaming about it, but this video somehow made me very happy and made me feel even half the realization of my dream. It's great and I'm very happy for it!
    By the way, one of the ladies who sings in the video is a close friend of mine - we even had music projects with her.

Very cool. Put a smile on my face.

That was superb! How could one not smile while watching/listening to that?!

Thanks so much for sharing.

Here's my new interview with Derek (he arrives around 14:45) and Noah (he arrives around the 30 min mark to talk about the new vid for "Proclamation"). This is a pretty in depth interview and the majority of questions were submitted by everyone here. Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    That was superb! How could one not smile while watching/listening to that?!

Thanks so much for sharing.
    My sentiments exactly.