Thread: "Henry: Portraits from Tudor Times" - Anthony Phillips ( cover )

"Henry: Portraits from Tudor Times" - Anthony Phillips ( cover )

A brief immersion in the music of another of my favorite musicians - Anthony Phillips. The words are powerless to express the depth of his music. If you like the performance, you can subscribe to my YouTube channel and listen to my other performances with covers and original music. Thanks in advance!

Very nicely done! A long time ago, I too used to play that one. A gorgeous tune from an equally gorgeous album.

Excellent! Very impressive and such a beloved piece of music.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsoncrow View Post
    A brief immersion in the music of another of my favorite musicians - Anthony Phillips. The words are powerless to express the depth of his music. If you like the performance, you can subscribe to my YouTube channel and listen to my other performances with covers and original music. Thanks in advance!
    Well, I really liked you because of your Hackett and Howe covers, but you have now gone above and beyond with this wonderful Ant tune.
    Well done!!
    Thank you!

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Really lovely, so skillful. My 19 year old son was heard the clip upstairs and ask if if was Steve Hackett!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Great job. I love the album that song is on.
    Thank you, Rarebird! This album is very special for me! Prog on!

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    Very nicely done! A long time ago, I too used to play that one. A gorgeous tune from an equally gorgeous album.
    Thank you very much, Koreabruce! I totally agree with what you wrote about the tune and the album.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Excellent! Very impressive and such a beloved piece of music.
    Thank you, Progatron! The music of Anthony Phillips always carries a deep humanity and beauty - I wanted to recreate this with my interpretation. Of course, the power of impact of the original is unattainable!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Well, I really liked you because of your Hackett and Howe covers, but you have now gone above and beyond with this wonderful Ant tune.
    Well done!!
    Thank you!
    Gizmotron, thanks a lot for your so nice words and especially for your attention to what I do! Ant's music is extremely close to my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Really lovely, so skillful. My 19 year old son was heard the clip upstairs and ask if if was Steve Hackett!
    Thank you very much. mozo-pg! Your son's words are a great compliment. But for me, Steve Hackett and Ant Phillips are artists from another dimension, and my performances are just a touch of them.
    Prog on!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar