Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: How far back are Laser's Edge orders on record?

  1. #1
    Member rickawakeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Posts
    669

    How far back are Laser's Edge orders on record?

    I love checking my past purchases and wonder if Ken has records of my purchases from the pre-internet era. If so, would Ken be able to share with my permission via PM? I'd love to see my early '90's purchases.

  2. #2
    Member LASERCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    I love checking my past purchases and wonder if Ken has records of my purchases from the pre-internet era. If so, would Ken be able to share with my permission via PM? I'd love to see my early '90's purchases.
    Looooooong gone. I have no sales records before 2012.

  3. #3
    Member Mythos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wolf City
    Posts
    540
    Dang, I wanted a refund!....lol

  4. #4
    Member rickawakeman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Posts
    669
    Thanks anyway. I think one of my first purchases was the Spring release.

  5. #5
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    10,146
    While we're on the subject of the great Laser's Edge, Ken, do you have a simple list of ALL LE releases, including all sub-labels? I'd like to go through it and check off the ones I have. You know there was a time I was trying to own the full run - that darn Nightwinds was the one that was the trickiest. I have most of them, but I want to see what else I'm missing. This came to mind as I was gathering my scattered Wolverine CDs and obtaining the ones I didn't have, and I'd forgotten that LE/Sensory had released one of them. I had it, I just had never cracked the shrink wrap!

    BTW, what's your opinion of that Wolverine album? I haven't listened to it yet, I'm working my way through all of them. Good band!

  6. #6
    Member LASERCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    While we're on the subject of the great Laser's Edge, Ken, do you have a simple list of ALL LE releases, including all sub-labels? I'd like to go through it and check off the ones I have. You know there was a time I was trying to own the full run - that darn Nightwinds was the one that was the trickiest. I have most of them, but I want to see what else I'm missing. This came to mind as I was gathering my scattered Wolverine CDs and obtaining the ones I didn't have, and I'd forgotten that LE/Sensory had released one of them. I had it, I just had never cracked the shrink wrap!

    BTW, what's your opinion of that Wolverine album? I haven't listened to it yet, I'm working my way through all of them. Good band!
    Can’t get to it today but I’ll prepare a list and post it. I love Wolverine and I’m proud of out release. I wanted to work with them for a long time. Only problem with those guys is they move very slowly. They are in the process of working on an EP.

  7. #7
    Member LASERCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    360
    The Laser's Edge label:

    LE1001 The Spirit Of Christmas - Lies To Live By
    LE1002 The Plastic Cloud - The Plastic Cloud
    LE1003 A Triggering Myth - A Triggering Myth
    LE1004 Reign Ghost - Reign Ghost/Reign Ghost featuring Lynda Squires
    LE1005 Atlantis Philharmonic - Atlantic Philharmonic
    LE1006 Coto En Pel - Holocaust
    LE1007 Nightwinds - Nightwinds
    LE1008 The Load - Priase The Load
    LE1009 Christmas - Heritage
    LE1010 Salamander - The Ten Commandments
    LE1011 Faithful Breath - Fading Beauty
    LE1012 Spring - Spring
    LE1013 Werwolf - Creation
    LE1014 Landberk - Lonely Land
    LE1015 Yatha Sidhra - A Meditation Mass
    LE1016 Blue Motion - Blue Motion
    LE1017/18 Schicke Fuhrs Fröhling - The Collected Works
    LE1019 A Triggering Myth - Twice Bitten
    LE1020 Manticore - Time To Fly
    LE1021 White Willow - Ignis Fatuus
    LE1022 A Triggering Myth - Between Cages
    LE1023 The Load - Load Have Mercy
    LE1024 Island - Pictures
    LE1025 Finnfort - Finnforest/Lahto Matkalle
    LE1026 Spektakel - Spektakel
    LE1027 Somnambulist - Somnambulist
    LE1028 Volare - The Uncertainty Principle
    LE1029 White Willow - Ex Tenebris
    LE1030 A Triggering Myth - The Sins Of Our Saviours
    LE1031 Scott McGill - Ripe
    LE1032 NeBeLNeST - NeBeLNeST
    LE1033 The Underground Railroad - Through And Through
    LE1034 White Willow - Sacrament
    LE1035 Somnambulist - The Paranormal Humidor
    LE1036 A Triggering Myth - Forgiving Eden
    LE1037 Knight Area - The Sun Also Rises
    LE1038 White Willow - Storm Season
    LE1039 Riverside - Out Of Myself
    LE1040 Anti-Depressive Delivery - Feel Melt Release Escape
    LE1041 Wobbler - Hinterland
    LE1042 Indukti - S.U.S.A.R.
    LE1043 Secret Oyster - Vidunderlige Kaeling
    LE1044 A Triggering Myth - The Remedy of Abstraction
    LE1045 Secret Oyster - Sea Son
    LE1046 White Willow - Signal To Noise
    LE1047 Knight Area - Under A New Sign
    LE1048 Black Bonzo - Sound Of The Apocalypse
    LE1049 Secret Oyster - Straight To The Krankenhaus
    LE1050 Secret Oyster - Secret Oyster
    LE1051 Kingfisher Sky - Hallway Of Dreams
    LE1052 Magenta - Metamorphosis
    LE1053 Aurora Project - The Shadow Border
    LE1054 Knight Area - Realm Of Shadows
    LE1055 Makajodama - Makajodama (Digipak)
    LE1056 Eloy - Visionary
    LE1057 District 97 - Hybrid Child
    LE1058 Cloverseeds - The Opening
    LE1059 Riverside - Memories In My Head (MCD)
    LE1060 White Willow - Terminal Twilight
    LE1061 Knight Area - Nine Paths
    LE1062 A Liquid Landscape - Nightingale Express
    LE1063 Freak Kitchen - Land Of The Freaks (Digipak)
    LE1064 Hermann Szobel - Szobel
    LE1065 District 97 - Trouble With Machines
    LE1066 Freak Kitchen - Organic
    LE1067 Freak Kitchen - Move
    LE1068 Custodian, The - Necessary Wasted Time
    LE1069 Dawn - Darker
    LE1070 Freak Kitchen - Cooking With Pagans
    LE1071 Knight Area - Hyperdrive
    LE1072 District 97 - In Vaults
    LE1073 Agusa - Agusa 2
    LE1074 Vly - I/[Time]
    LE1075 Tiles - Pretending 2 Run
    LE1076 Edensong - Years In The Garden Of Years
    LE1077 Eye - Vision And Ageless Light
    LE1078 White Willow - Future Hopes
    LE1079 Discipline - Captives of The Wine Dark Sea
    LE1080 Agusa - Agusa

  8. #8
    Member LASERCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    360
    The Labyrinth releases:

    TL2001 Paul Chain - In Concert
    TL2002 Jackal - Awake
    TL2003 Il Trono Dei Ricordi - Il Trono Dei Ricordi
    TL2004 Sailor Free - The Fifth Door

  9. #9
    Member LASERCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    360
    Sensory releases:

    SR3001 Wyzards - The Final Catastrophe
    SR3002 Mind's Eye - Into The Unknown
    SR3003 Clockwork - Surface Tension
    SR3004 Divided Multitude - Inner Self
    SR3005 Gordian Knot - Gordian Knot
    SR3006 Wuthering Heights - Within
    SR3007 Behind The Curtain - 'Til Birth Do Us Part
    SR3008 Spiral Architect - A Sceptic's Universe
    SR3009 Ark - Ark
    SR3010 Avalon - Eurasia
    SR3011 Zero Hour - The Towers Of Avarice
    SR3012 Edenbridge - Sunrise In Eden
    SR3013 Edenbridge - Arcana
    SR3014 Wuthering Heights - To Travel For Evermore
    SR3015 Nemesis - Eden?
    SR3016 Gordian Knot - Emergent
    SR3017 unreleased -
    SR3018 Redemption - Redemption
    SR3019 Degree Absolute - Degree Absolute
    SR3020 Zero Hour - Metamorphosis
    SR3021 Death Machine - Death Machine
    SR3022 Wuthering Heights - Far From The Madding Crowd
    SR3023 Time Machine - Reviviscence
    SR3024 Pantommind - Shade Of Fate
    SR3025 NovAct - Tales From The Soul
    SR3026 Circus Maximus - The First Chapter
    SR3027 Redemption - The Fullness Of Time
    SR3028 Zero Hour - A Fragile Mind
    SR3029 Stride - Imagine
    SR3030 Canvas Solaris - Penumbra Diffuse
    SR3031 Wastefall - Self Exile
    SR3032 SpiRitual - Pulse
    SR3033 Twisted Into Form - Then Comes Affliction To Awken The Dreamer
    SR3034 Zero Hour - Specs Of Pictures Burnt Beyond
    SR3035 Wuthering Heights - The Shadow Cabinet
    SR3036 Spheric Universe Experience - Anima
    SR3037 Canvas Solaris - Cortical Tectonics
    SR3038 Circus Maximus - Isolate
    SR3039 Pathosray - Pathosray
    SR3040 Nation Beyond - The Aftermath Odyssey
    SR3041 Dark Suns - Grave Human Genuine
    SR3042 Zero Hour - Dark Deceiver
    SR3043 Canvas Solaris - The Atomized Dream
    SR3044 Suspyre - When Time Fades…
    SR3045 Xystus - Equilibrio
    SR3046 Persona Non Grata - Shade In The Light
    SR3047 Leprous - Tall Poppy Syndrome
    SR3048 Spheric Universe Experience - Unreal
    SR3049 Delain - April Rain (Digipak w/Bonus Track)
    SR3050 Diablo Swing Orchestra - Sing-Along Songs For The Damned & Delirious
    SR3051 Haken - Aquarius
    SR3052 Wuthering Heights - Salt
    SR3053 Delain - Lucidity
    SR3054 Canvas Solaris - Irradiance
    SR3055 Dakrya - Crime Scene
    SR3056 Creation's End - A New Beginning
    SR3057 Cynthesis - DeEvolution
    SR3058 Gno - Cannibal Tango
    SR3060 Haken - Visions
    SR3061 Diablo Swing Orchestra - Pandora's Piñata
    SR3062 Delain - We Are The Others (Special Edition)
    SR3063 My Soliloquy - The Interpreter
    SR3064 Kingcrow - In Crescendo
    SR3065 In The Silence - A Fair Dream Gone Mad
    SR3066 Cynthesis - ReEvolution
    SR3067 Lalu - Atomic Ark
    SR3068 Withem - The Point Of You
    SR3069 Prospekt - The Colourless Sunrise
    SR3070 Malpractice - Turning Tides
    SR3071 Redemption - Live From The Pit (CD/DVD)
    SR3072 Arcane - Known/Learned (2CD)
    SR3073 Iris Divine - Karma Sown
    SR3074 Jaded Star - Memories From The Future
    SR3075 Kingcrow - Eidos
    SR3076 Melted Space - The Great Lie
    SR3077 Infinite Spectrum - Haunter In The Dark
    SR3078 Wolverine - Machina Viva
    SR3079 Oddland - Origin
    SR3080 Damnations Day - A World Awakens
    SR3081 Until Rain - Inure
    SR3082 Prospekt - The Illuminated Sky
    SR3083 Daydream XI - The Circus Of The Tattered And Torn
    SR3084 Melted Space - Darkening Light
    SR3085 Kingcrow - The Persistence

  10. #10
    Member LASERCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    360
    Free Electric Sound releases:

    FES4001 McGill Manring Stevens - Addition By Subtraction
    FES4002 McGill Manring Stevens - Controlled By Radar
    FES4003 Woodenhead - Perseverance
    FES4004 At War With Self - Torn Between Dimensions
    FES4005 McGill Manring Stevens - What We Do (2CD)
    FES4006 Morglbl - Grotesk
    FES4007 Sean Malone - Cortlandt
    FES4008 Mörglbl - Toons Tunes From The Past
    FES4009 Mörglbl - Jazz For The Deaf
    FES4010 Mörglbl - Brutal Romance
    FES4011 My Brother The Wind - Once There Was A Time When Time And Space Were One
    FES4012 Mörglbl - Tea Time For Punks
    FES4013 Mörglbl - The Story Of Scott Rötti

  11. #11

    A Triggering Myth / Wyzards

    8:08 AM Thursday, July 16, 2020 (EST)

    Briefly scanned the list...

    I have this one, purchased at ProgDay '96 and was in the company of Rick Eddy. Interesting thing I barely knew about Italian prog back then, I thought Deus Ex Machina was the shit and he was telling me about Demetrio Stratos of Area International POPular Group...

    Haven't really listened to the CD although I think Alberto Piras made an appearance...no wait that was DFA ~ Duty Free Area.

    I have this CD...can't remember listening to it but thank God for ProgArchives/Youtube




    References:

    WYZARDS-The Final Catastrophe (Full Album)
    1,230 views • (Published: May 14, 2017)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVMJ-sqd73c

  12. #12
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,537
    Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    LE1011 Faithful Breath - Fading Beauty
    This is one of my favourite (semi) obscure releases. Absolutely gorgeous album from a band who made a bizarre transition into an 80s metal band much later. I still listen to it (mine is the Garden Of Delights CD though).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk

  13. #13
    Member LASERCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    This is one of my favourite (semi) obscure releases. Absolutely gorgeous album from a band who made a bizarre transition into an 80s metal band much later. I still listen to it (mine is the Garden Of Delights CD though).
    Originally we were sent either a DAT or a tape copy. After complaining, one of the band members dug up the master tapes from his attic. I sell the Garden of Delights version but never listened to it. I assume it was duped from our CD.

  14. #14
    Member LASERCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy_n_chucky View Post
    8:08 AM Thursday, July 16, 2020 (EST)

    Briefly scanned the list...



    I have this one, purchased at ProgDay '96 and was in the company of Rick Eddy. Interesting thing I barely knew about Italian prog back then, I thought Deus Ex Machina was the shit and he was telling me about Demetrio Stratos of Area International POPular Group...

    Haven't really listened to the CD although I think Alberto Piras made an appearance...no wait that was DFA ~ Duty Free Area.
    Alberto makes a guest appearance on A Triggering Myth's "The Sins Of Our Saviours"

  15. #15
    Member Magic Mountain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Stockton, NJ
    Posts
    176
    Ken, did you forget to include Het Pandorra Ensemble - III (great album!)
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

  16. #16
    Member LASERCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    Ken, did you forget to include Het Pandorra Ensemble - III (great album!)
    You’re right. I forgot about Modulus!

  17. #17
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    10,146
    Thanks for that, Ken, and for all the great music! I just listened to the Degree Absolute album - that's one I never listened to much that I can recall, but it's a fucking awesome album!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    You’re right. I forgot about Modulus!
    Het Pandorra Ensemble: III (Modulus/The Laser's Edge MOD5001), 1978
    Randy Roos: Mistral (Modulus/The Laser's Edge MOD5002), 1978
    Phase: Midnight Madness (Modulus/The Laser’s Edge MOD5003), 1979

  19. #19
    Member LASERCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Het Pandorra Ensemble: III (Modulus/The Laser's Edge MOD5001), 1978
    Randy Roos: Mistral (Modulus/The Laser's Edge MOD5002), 1978
    Phase: Midnight Madness (Modulus/The Laser’s Edge MOD5003), 1979
    Thanks for posting.

  20. #20
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    10,146
    Just listened to "Self Exile" by Wastefall. Another winner!

    Ken, I'm wondering if you could possibly enhance the list by indicating which titles are OOP. I'm assuming that all the titles that AREN'T OOP are stocked by Lasercd.com. But if it's too much to ask - if a lot of titles are OOP - no sweat. However, it would almost certainly result in a decent-sized order from me (I'm mostly interested in the Sensory titles.)

  21. #21
    Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Westchester, NY
    Posts
    10,146
    Ken, in my copy of the Time Machine CD there's a nice little flyer announcing new and upcoming releases. One listed as upcoming is Sinphonia - The Divine Disharmony. Did you simply distribute that, or was that a deal that fell through? I didn't think it would be listed in there if it wasn't a Sensory release, but I see it DOES have the release number from the other label, Lucretia Records.

  22. #22
    Member LASERCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Ken, in my copy of the Time Machine CD there's a nice little flyer announcing new and upcoming releases. One listed as upcoming is Sinphonia - The Divine Disharmony. Did you simply distribute that, or was that a deal that fell through? I didn't think it would be listed in there if it wasn't a Sensory release, but I see it DOES have the release number from the other label, Lucretia Records.
    Sinphonia was not our release. I barely remember there was a band called Sinphonia. We shared the Time Machine release with Lucretia. It was our exclusive for North America. Had our catalog number and barcode.

  23. #23
    Ken any chance Nightwinds could have a vinyl release someday? Crazy question I know but I’d pay big money for something like that. One of my top 5 prog albums ever.

  24. #24
    Member LASERCD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Voorhees, NJ
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    Ken any chance Nightwinds could have a vinyl release someday? Crazy question I know but I’d pay big money for something like that. One of my top 5 prog albums ever.
    I think its essentially unlikely if not impossible. There are rights issues that are too complicated to get into here.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    I think its essentially unlikely if not impossible. There are rights issues that are too complicated to get into here.
    Understood. Thank you for all the great releases over the years, your label introduced me to a new world of music back in High School which continues to this day. Much respect sir !!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •