Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Built for the Future Video/Update/Free single

Built for the Future Video/Update/Free single

Hello all, it has been a bit since the release of Chasing Light. That album was wonderfully received and we are so proud to be able to share we are working hard on the follow up: Brave New World.

We have lofty plans this year...hints: a prog festival, a prog label, a prog periodical, and more prog radio of course with our good friends and supporting hosts.

Here is our video for a free single, PLANET, a bonus song that is not on the new album, its admittedly our homage to 80's prog/crossover/alternative stuff we loved, the album is not in this vein, but the theme of the song informs the theme of the album.

A shout to our prog friends: JHimm, Fractal Mirror, Aaron Clift Experiment, Marty and Rob, Nemo Dre, Martin Hutchinson, 3rdDegree, DPRP, Progzilla, ProgRadar...and so many more that have been out of this world supportive!

I hope that you enjoy. The single is free on our band camp site.

peace to you all, prog on!

https://youtu.be/ghoiXlS_iXg

if the link isn't working I will attempt again...
    Last edited by Avenger; 01-29-2018 at 01:27 PM. Reason: fixing url

I'm looking forward to this one! Chasing Light is one of my favorite albums of the last 5 years and I've been waiting for more from you guys. It's good to hear that there's much more in the works this time too. I like the synths on the new single (definitely an 80's flavor to them). I hope you kept some around on the album too though.

Good stuff. Curious - did you guys get your name from the FIXX song?

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    Good stuff. Curious - did you guys get your name from the FIXX song?
    Judging from the video, there's definitely a Fixx influence in there!
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Thank you so much PD! the album will have a great balance of synths...trons, lots of analog classic keyboards(i love the sounds). this new album will be a bit darker, not pitch black lol, but more somber and a tad heavier in a few places.
    but still with as much melody as we can sustain. The songs are planned to simply have no gaps, all individual songs, but just bleeding in to each other with segues etc...for a more proggy feel.

its a continuation of the journey from Chasing Light...so hopefully it will resonate with those who like CL and its themes.

thanks again PixelD, great compliment and we are grateful. We will keep you posted on progress.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Judging from the video, there's definitely a Fixx influence in there!
    First--YES the name is from the Fixx song on purpose...the short of it is, Kennys favorite band...so when i was getting him involved, i thought i would use one of their songs to name us in honor of Kenny and what he loved...i literally went through every song..and not only did this one sound great, and proggy, but Kenny and i met in the 80's in our respective bands, but only now have played together...so our meeting in the past was...yes...BUILT FOR THE FUTURE! lol.

Secondly--Kenny wrote Planet, actually in the 80's( a very different version exists)...i reworked the arrangement and we recorded a new version that still honored the original, also giving it the B4tF treatment...the song is an homage of sorts to some of our favorite music...and the FIXX is one of those influences. Basically comes out as Kenny wrote it and did it IN the 80's.

thanks guys for watching the vid! Kenny produced it as well...Planet is Kenny a la Kenny!

Definitely Fixx influence, as well as Paul Reynolds and Edge in the guitar. This new version has a new energy and more progressive feel than the original. The rebirth of a song originally written around 1984-1985 - produced on a 4 track cassette recorder! Modern recording cure makes life easier.

Kenny

Jon Neudorf
    Never heard of you guys. Have to check this out!

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    Never heard of you guys. Have to check this out!

Jon
    I hope you will Jon! Our first album had many flavors of the prog 80's, a bit of classic sounds too...the song Planet is really us letting that flavor take a run, arpeggiator and delayed guitars...i actually love when those things are put along side classic key sounds like Prophets/Jupiters/Oberheim and Trons....i think its a cool combination of ingredients.

Our new album will have a bit more of a prog feel, more melancholy i would say...but we always strive to have good strong melodies and arrangements...i hope those come through as well as they did on the first.

i have my fingers crossed that you will enjoy Chasing Light if you want to check it out...

peace to you my friend.

Will check out Planet.

Any chance the first album gets a physical (re)release?

The Fixx were extremely underrated. I can definitely hear their influence here as well. Very enjoyable listen! Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    Will check out Planet.

Yes. I did another pressing. Email me---PF90125@LIVE.com

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by irongoalie View Post
    The Fixx were extremely underrated. I can definitely hear their influence here as well. Very enjoyable listen! Best of luck!
    please feel free to give the album/Chasing Light a spin as well! See what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDegree_Robert View Post
    Dr Robert!
    he's a man you must believe!
    helping anyone in need!
    Dr. Robert!

thanks for improving the post friend! Looking forward to tacos again next Progstock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    Will check out Planet.

Thank you again Ridge. Nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy, please know that if you insert the CD into your computer, there is a 25 page lyric digital book.
    a perk of the CD package that the downloads didn't see...

prog on! peace.

patric

ALSO...coming soon, another FREE single as we head toward the new album.
    this song also serves and informs the theme of Brave New World, but is not on the album.

ANTHEM. Stay Tuned!

Any updates on this one? Release date?

Anything on this? Last I heard it was supposed to be out in October. Nothing on their Facebook page as far as I can tell.

Hi! Hello PixelD!
    I'm at progstock this weekend soaking up the brilliance. ��
    Here's the latest news though(sooooo grateful ur interested!):
    --Brave New World about 80% complete. All tracks recorded, I'm mixing now. Then final master...press CDs...then it hits.
    Running behind the Oct goal(as I normally do)...shooting for late this year now. But right vs soon is my motto.
    The album is sounding so exciting...more proggy than Chasing Light...primarily due to fans reaction to our longer songs on the debut. So I let it flow! It's a sequel to CL, the protagonist is in a new world now...
    --released two more FREE singles, non album tracks. They do inform the theme of the album, getting really great response in the prog community.

Builtforthefuture1.bandcamp.com

Thanks for the inquiry. I hope not to disappoint with the new album. Kenny, Dave and I are very excited about it.

Peace friends!

New singles:
    Parallel Lines
    The Great Unknown

Cool. I bought (yes, I actually named a price other than $0) the singles when they first came out so they're old already. I guess I can wait a little longer! Thanks for the update. I'll be sure to pick up one of the CDs to go along with my (apparently rare) Chasing Light copy.

(I should be at ProgStock myself, I live in NJ!)

Any updates on the new album?

Hi PixelD! Nice to hear from you, thank you for inquiring....here is the latest:
    I have been super busy with my day job, so it's been a bit slow going...BUT

the album is 90% mixed, I am finishing it soon(missing ALL of my stated deadlines, so not making any further lol).
    then it will be mastered by our mastering engineer, then done.
    Artwork is done by a masterful artist from Poland, Michal Klimzak...he is a glorious artist/photo guy.

we have a few(3) labels we are going to discuss release with, determine that course...

June 17 we are shooting a VIDEO for the lead off single ZENITH, this will be dropped on release day, hopefully get connected with PROG magazine again.

the album is far more progressive, a bit darker, but still very melodic. Our guitar player, David Peña, who guested on the first album, has been upgraded to member for this album. His work on the album so defined it, and he was the only guitar addition we had, so this album its a trio full out. He has brought some great feel to the work, I am hopeful people will appreciate it.

we are very high on Brave New World...its like our opus...its long...74mins...but I truly feel it flows well and never drags. WE SHALL SEE! lol.

All three of us aim to be at Progstock...it would be great to have the album in hand by then as we meet/talk/hang out with other proggers.

I will be sure to let you know as soon as we are done Pixel. You are a generous support, I appreciate you. I hope you like what we have done. :-)

thanks for asking. it was nice seeing our thread on the feed this morning....peace!!

Pixel, just for you..here is the track list:

Brave New World
    Breathe
    The Sheltering Sky
    Zenith
    Wasteland
    City of the Sun
    Undertow
    Distant Lands
    Line of Sight