Thread: Thank You, PE! :)

Thank You, PE! :)

Like many here, I was a member dating back right before social media really caught on. Or existed as we know it, actually.

Spent a LOT of time on here asking Qs & getting opinions on bands I'd discovered elsewhere or asking for recommendations. I knew I was Always guaranteed to get a good response no matter WHAT I asked for or WHO I threw out there. SOMEbody was Always knowledgeable!
    Then came Facebook (for me in 2008) & I started spending less & less time on PE- checking in only sporadically until it was a distant memory of literally a different era of online socializing.
    I still check in once in a while, but that's only maybe a couple of times a year now. But virtually met many cool people along the way, including, but not limited to:

Calabasas_Trafalgar, Chuck AzEee (WHERE ARE YOU, MAN? FB??), Sean, Kid running fox, Hunnibee, I am Weasel, Sara (hey hey!), etc ( & Who was that cool dude who always had to defend liking rap?)

Anyway, like the title says- this post is just a thank you for my "golden age" of prog discovery.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    But virtually met many cool people along the way, including, but not limited to:

Calabasas_Trafalgar, Chuck AzEee (WHERE ARE YOU, MAN? FB??), Sean, Kid running fox, Hunnibee, I am Weasel, Sara (hey hey!), ]tc ( & Who was that cool dude who always had to defend liking rap?)
    Lino.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Who was the guy who rambled on like he was stoned?

I believe that would be Z-bop. I miss him.
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

LINO! Yes! He still here?

There was also that dude from Israel who was always pitching for his CD/album store- Jazzis

Z-bop. Omg. Totally forgot about him. "Word".

You're very welcome! Really appreciate your sticking with us all these years. Amazing we've been at this for 20+ years now. I'm glad it happened.

I think it's been some years since Lino was in da house here, but I see him on FB regularly.

Here's a recent pic of him and Denise. Timeless!

106667254_10158173829839303_3026932305581836785_o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I think it's been some years since Lino was in da house here, but I see him on FB regularly.

Here's a recent pic of him and Denise. Timeless!

106667254_10158173829839303_3026932305581836785_o.jpg
    Wow! He Looks pretty Good considering ALL the Birthdays he's Had!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    I thought Lino popped in here sometime within the last 6 months or so. Did I imagine that?
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.

Thank you PE for providing me something to do while I pretend to be listening in 4 Microsoft Teams meetings in one day.

Thank you PE for giving me a reason not to work on my music and a reason to work on my music.

I remember when I joined back in 2005 or 6 I was afraid to speak. If you didn't have a well thought out post you could be scathed.

We've mellowed in our old age(s).

Yes, the environment has improved and become more amiable than my earlier life on PE, thanks in large part to the administration/moderators aspect.

However, even now, if you're not careful in avoiding the "hot button" topics that touch off sensitivities, you can get cut up like scissors to paper.

SunR- Ha! Yeah, I def' recall more than a little drama here. There was that obnoxious, arrogant dude I think from Switzerland or Belgium or some such European country who always struck me as borderline nazi. I remember Jazzis was Not a fan of his.
    But now that I run my own Facebook group with over 15K members, I can relate more to Sean these days. Such a balancing act when shit flares up.

LOL. Like fine wine or moldy cheese?

Quote Originally Posted by SunRunner2 View Post
    Yes, the environment has improved and become more amiable than my earlier life on PE, thanks in large part to the administration/moderators aspect.

However, even now, if you're not careful in avoiding the "hot button" topics that touch off sensitivities, you can get cut up like scissors to paper.
    Not to mention repetitive topics. I have seen old topics brought up & someone will inevitably find an old thread from like 10 years ago that basically tells the poster "This topic has already been discussed!". Gotta say I get a chuckle every time because I too, have been the recipient of the venom.
    However, I do understand because this is a pretty clean house that doesn't have 5000 threads which basically say the same thing. Except Genesis and Yes threads of course.

Are people still asking “What is prog?”
    THAT was one newbies tended to ask and would incite a flood of angry and sarcastic replies. 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Are people still asking “What is prog?
    THAT was one newbies tended to ask and would incite a flood of angry and sarcastic replies. ��
    Yes, they are; you just did.

Seriously, what seems to touch off more controversy than "What Is Prog?" is when some poster says that a certain band or album isn't Prog (ie. it's NOT Prog !) Then comes the flood of gripes about what it is or that the old standby: it doesn't have to be Prog to be good, etc. I learned early on in my first stint here that one should never question the proginess of any artist or album (or is it progyness?).

Hey Raj, The password inactivity thing often keeps me off here on a regular basis yet it's good to see you around these parts and Facebook my man.
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck AzEee! View Post
    Hey Raj, The password inactivity thing often keeps me off here on a regular basis yet it's good to see you around these parts and Facebook my man.
    Chuck! Good to see you again!

Ha!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck AzEee! View Post
    Wow! Now there's a blast from the past! Great to see that you are still with us, Chuck.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Wow! He Looks pretty Good considering ALL the Birthdays he's Had!