Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Questions for Billy Sherwood?

Any Questions for Billy Sherwood?

He will be my guest coming up this weekend on SOAL Night Live #13.

Any questions about Yes, Asia, Conspiracy, Circa or his solo works and various tributes?

He's way over the kerfuffle that made him a PE legend and we've joked about it a few time since, so don't dwell on that.

What has he been working on while in quarantine and will there be another Circa release?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Any new work with William Shatner?

More seriously, Circa's Valley of the Windmill is my favorite thing he's ever done. Has he done any more writing in that vein that could go on another Circa release? Or maybe, as some of us speculated here, that new material like that on Windmill could be used as the basis for a new Yes album. Any chance of that?

Note I did actually enjoy his record with Shatner. Bizarre and goofy, yes, but enough real creativity there to make a good occasional listen.

The eons are closing
    Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post

Note I did actually enjoy his record with Shatner. Bizarre and goofy, yes, but enough real creativity there to make a good occasional listen.
    That's the way to approach all things Shatner.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Silly question: It's nice to know Billy doesn't hate us anymore, but what about Geoff "Yuppet" Downes?

Serious question: Is there any talk at all of Jon A returning to the fold in any capacity?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Not sure how much of this kind of stuff he would go on the record with, but I’d love to hear his take on the R&R HOF induction and performance. Was he considered at all (by any of the Yes men) to have him play on either song? Id be interested his take on how that all went down. Since he has worked with Jon A and Trevor previously, how does he fit in with that “side” of Yes (both at the induction and in general). Also maybe something about his mastering work on Heaven And Earth. And...has he collaborated at all with anyone in Yes on a new album?

"Silly question: It's nice to know Billy doesn't hate us anymore, but what about Geoff "Yuppet" Downes?"

Geoff actually became of fan of ours once he actually READ PE for real and didn't just drop by to react to a handful of cherry picked comments someone else pointed him to. Issued an apology on his blog as well, way back when.

I’d like to know what his take is on the future Yes drummer touring/studio situation? What was the reason for adding the audience applause on the live albums he was involved with? Has there been any thought of a Yesmedley like he did with Circa?

So Yes has been focusing heavily in recent years on recreating albums from the 70s in concert, but I'd like to know if there's any chance of songs from later periods of Yes making into future setlists, particularly songs that Billy was heavily involved with like "The More We Live- Let Go" or "Homeworld".

I'd be happy to just hear if there are any studio plans for Yes or Asia, but I'm sure those questions are already queued up.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Sean, you'e getting some great interviewees. Good luck!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

1) Do you currently live in Sherwood Forest?
    2) Do you know Robin Hood?
    3) Are you actually Robin Hood in disguise?
    4) What gauge bass strings do you use?

What is Bill Bruford really like?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post

Serious question: Is there any talk at all of Jon A returning to the fold in any capacity?
    You really can't guess the answer to that one?

I'm going to throw a couple Heaven and Earth questions in here since nobody else has yet:

Hopefully enough time has passed that he can talk a bit more candidly about the Heaven and Earth experience. Like, what the heck really happened with the Roy Thomas Baker recordings that prompted the band to hand everything over to Billy?

And the obvious follow up: where do things stand regarding a follow-up, and what lessons (if any) were learned from the H&E experience?

And a bonus question...

Has there been any talk about getting either Tony Kaye or Patrick Moraz more involved beyond their recent cameo guest appearances?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

"Has the band ever suggested doing a cover of 'Billy Don't Be A Hero'?"

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    "Has the band ever suggested doing a cover of 'Billy Don't Be A Hero'?"
    Or Billy Don't You Lose My Number

How about a very direct question...has the band and Chris' widow ever ironed out the differences that seemed to make things so awkward after Squire died?

When listening to Topographic Oceans, do you usually skip Side 3?

Seriously: Billy arranged and produced a Todd Rundgren tribute album featuring various musicians playing alongside Rundgren's original master vocals. (It's since been re-released under several different titles.)
    How did the project come about? Did Billy choose who to approach to take part? Did Todd have any input? Was Todd happy with the result? Was Billy happy with the result? Etc.

Who's your favorite Yes member?

Has he considered or discussed continuing Yes after Howe/Downes/White retire? I remember an interview in the late 90's where Jon (Anderson) said he expected Yes to continue far beyond the current lineup. Billy seems to be the one the torch is being passed to. Does he envision recording new material without any of the "classic" members or just tour the band as more of a tribute to play the older material?

Hmmm

1 - Why all the albums which you put the hands sounds the SAME, insipid and pasteurized?
    2 - Why you don't record or mixing in Hi-Res?
    3 - Why you put so many effects in your voice?
    4 - Why you keep using the horrible refurbished TASCAM M-600 console board?
    5 - Why your drums sounds like cellophane paper? Bad room? Bad Mics?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Or Billy Don't You Lose My Number
    Let's not forget "Which Way You Goin' Billy?"
    "Frozen flaking fish raw nerve...In a cup of silver liquid fire" - Jethro Tull

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    Has he considered or discussed continuing Yes after Howe/Downes/White retire? I remember an interview in the late 90's where Jon (Anderson) said he expected Yes to continue far beyond the current lineup. Billy seems to be the one the torch is being passed to. Does he envision recording new material without any of the "classic" members or just tour the band as more of a tribute to play the older material?
    Much as I would love to hear the answer to that too, I doubt very much that you would get one.

Like others, I'd ask about plans for a new Yes album or a possible Asia album.

Dave Kerzner talked last year about recording an album project with Billy and Jon Davison: how's that going?

Leon Alvarado has mentioned a forthcoming project called White Car with Billy, Jon D and Johnny Bruhns that has been delayed by COVID-19. Any more on that?

Ages back, in 2011, Sherwood talked online about a project with Jeffrey Fayman and Robert Fripp. The Human Experimente did a single in 2009, but Billy became involved with subsequent plans for an album. Did anything happen there?

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/