Thread: Horizons ( Steve Hackett - Genesis ) - cover

Horizons ( Steve Hackett - Genesis ) - cover

Cover of one of Steve Hackett's wonderful composition for acoustic guitar "Horizons".
    I hope you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsoncrow View Post
    Cover of one of Steve Hackett's wonderful composition for acoustic guitar "Horizons".
    I hope you like it!
    Wonderful!
    Your Steve Howe cover was great. And so is this!
    Just like with the Howe cover, you capture the feel very well, not just the notes. Well done!!

Thank you very much! Please keep them coming.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Very Nice!! Tastefull.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

How difficult was it to learn?
    Did you do it by ear?

Very nice indeed, I would love a broken down tutorial video of this, I have long since wanted to attempt this one, at least I have more of an idea after watching you play it.

Thank you, Gizmotron! The videos I make are of songs that I really love and most of all I try to play them with attitude and emotion. Technically, there is always something to be desired. Now I could make a better option, but ......

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Very Nice!! Tastefull.
    Thanks! I try to give my best!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    How difficult was it to learn?
    Did you do it by ear?
    I wouldn't say that this piece is very difficult technically, especially for guitarists with experience with classical guitar. The most difficult thing is to perform both purely technical and with feeling. And this song, as well as the song of Steve Howe, I took out mainly by ear, and for some moments for adjustment I watched videos with their live performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Very nice indeed, I would love a broken down tutorial video of this, I have long since wanted to attempt this one, at least I have more of an idea after watching you play it.
    Thank you, Sunlight Caller! Come to think of it, I could write the song in notes and make a TAB, so who wants to use them as help material. This week I have a lot of work to do on studio recordings, but at the beginning of next I will try to do it.

Thank you, Sunlight Caller! Come to think of it, I could write the song in notes and make a TAB, so who wants to use them as help material. This week I have a lot of work to do on studio recordings, but at the beginning of next I will try to do it.
    If you would write a tab that would be so kind and very helpful. I feel I could make this another Covid project, I bought myself a new acoustic and would like to dedicate some time to learning this piece, all I need is a little guidance and a lot of time!

I wouldn't say that this piece is very difficult technically, especially for guitarists with experience with classical guitar. The most difficult thing is to perform both purely technical and with feeling. And this song, as well as the song of Steve Howe, I took out mainly by ear, and for some moments for adjustment I watched videos with their live performances.
    Thanks so much for the overview!
    Blagodarya ti!

Lucky Man
    Absolutely lovely.
    Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankh View Post
    Absolutely lovely.
    Thanks, Frankh!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    If you would write a tab that would be so kind and very helpful. I feel I could make this another Covid project, I bought myself a new acoustic and would like to dedicate some time to learning this piece, all I need is a little guidance and a lot of time!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rZN...ew?usp=sharing

Hello, Sunlight Caller! I'm sharing a link to Google Drive where I've uploaded a file with the notes and tabs of the song Horizons. The musical tempo changes in different parts of the piece.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rZN...ew?usp=sharing

Hello, Sunlight Caller! I'm sharing a link to Google Drive where I've uploaded a file with the notes and tabs of the song Horizons. The musical tempo changes in different parts of the piece.
    And thanks for letting me see the score too! I very much appreciate it.

What new piece are you tackling now by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    And thanks for letting me see the score too! I very much appreciate it.

What new piece are you tackling now by the way?
    Anthony Phillips' music is deeply ingrained in my heart and mind. So, it will be dedicated to his music.