Thread: IQ - A Show Of Resistance pre-order now.

IQ - A Show Of Resistance pre-order now.

A SHOW OF RESISTANCE - ARCHIVE COLLECTION

16 June 2020
    After the incredible reaction to the recent live stream of our ’Show of Resistance’ concert we’ve decided to make it available in a limited edition double CD format as part of the Archive Collection series.

The double CD includes all 2 hours and 15 minutes of music from the video and comes in a 6 panel digi file (not digipak - no plastic used!) with a 4 page booklet and introduction text by Peter Nicholls.

At a price of £12 the income from this release will help the band recoup some of the losses we’ve made this year by having to cancel the live shows.

We’re hoping to have copies at the start of July, but it’s available for pre-sale on the IQ STORE

I ordered mine today from their website. Two copies to my door on the West Coast of USA was $40.80. Glad to help the boys recoup lost income.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Thanks for the heads up.

Here is the link for the pre-order: https://www.iq-hq.co.uk/shop/index.p...roducts_id=128

Thanks for the heads up on this. Ordered. I completely missed out on the video.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Cha Cing! Again.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Cha Cing! Again.
    Yeah, everything they do is an auto-buy for me. There aren't as many of those for me as there used to be, but I don't foresee IQ ever being bumped from that category.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Thanks to Garyhead. I ordered last night. I might have gotten an email at some point, but this is better. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Thanks to Garyhead. I ordered last night. I might have gotten an email at some point, but this is better. Cheers.
    Yeah.....Somehow I stumble across this stuff before the official e-mail. Yesterday I was thumbing across the IQ Forum and saw chatter about this release then went to IQHQ for the news.

They're already talking / planning of a 40th Anniversary Tour in 2021..... Like the Strawbs 50th last year....this is one show I will make an effort to attend....hopefully they cross the pond again like in 2018.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Old man of prog
    IQ is along with Marillion probably my favorite contemporary band. With all due respect however Mike Holmes needs some help running their business. They could and should be so much bigger. Now I understand all the grievances with Spotify, Apple, etc but I never saw a band more perfectly suited for Bandcamp. Ask Squids. It is the most elegant artist to fan solution. I love IQ but I don’t want a goddamn physical product! Vinyl may be a nice merch item but it’s a piece of metal scraping a piece of plastic 1928 anyone? Sell me a vinyl, a CD, or most importantly a download and give it to me in a superior file choice. I’ll pay $ 20 USD for a 48/24 or better. Oh and Nick Barratt/ Pendragon I’m talkin to you too. It’s 2020 for crissakes.
    Last edited by progmeister; 06-21-2020 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Yeah, everything they do is an auto-buy for me. There aren't as many of those for me as there used to be, but I don't foresee IQ ever being bumped from that category.
    Cool. I frist heard IQ when Subteranea (sp) was released. Still my fav from their catalog.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Pardon my ignorance, but before I order, with regards to music, what do they mean "in digi-file format"? Wav, Flac? download?
    signed(an old geezer)lol
    Last edited by Top Cat; 06-28-2020 at 10:41 AM.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but before I order, with regards to music, what do they mean "in digi-file format"? Wav, Flac? download?
    signed(an old geezer)lol
    I think what they call Digi-File Format is more commonly called Eco-Wallet Format (as it says, it's like a Digi-Pak but with no plastic tray, just the cardboard sleeve, but it's a nice, 6-panel sleeve.

Yes, my copy just arrived today! Haven't listened to it yet - I just opened the package.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I think what they call Digi-File Format is more commonly called Eco-Wallet Format (as it says, it's like a Digi-Pak but with no plastic tray, just the cardboard sleeve, but it's a nice, 6-panel sleeve.

Yes, my copy just arrived today! Haven't listened to it yet - I just opened the package.
    Thanks, I went ahead and pre-ordered mine as well, and anxiously watching the mailbox. I just assumed it's cd quality digital files and may not even mass produced from the factory. Quite easy to run off a bunch and use a printer to print the cd. I know a lot of the cd manufacturing businesses were shut down for a couple of months and some are just ramping up production again. Dave Kerzner has some product he has been waiting to get produced but the place he used has just started up again.
    IQ may have done this in house all the way, who knows. I do know if Michael Holmes has his hands involved in the production, it will be top-notch.
    I read, the decision to release this show on cd was because of the great response and comments following the free YT viewing, and to offset the loss of revenue from canceling their tour.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer my question.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 07-21-2020 at 07:04 AM.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Got mine yesstidy.

Let us know how it is. I'm still waiting on mine.

Oh....come on!.....don't deny there was some fondling going on!

Arrived on the Left Coast of USA Today!

Patiently waiting ….

Got mine yesterday!

Ordered my copy on July 7th and received it July 27.

Does anyone know if this will eventually be released through other means such as iTunes or Amazo?.Mail doesn't arrive to this god-forsaken country in which I currently live.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by rickmoraz View Post
    Does anyone know if this will eventually be released through other means such as iTunes or Amazo?.Mail doesn't arrive to this god-forsaken country in which I currently live.

Ed
    An IQ Archive release? Likely never, If your country doesn't have mail, I'd move...

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    An IQ Archive release? Likely never, If your country doesn't have mail, I'd move...
    Ummmm... We're kind of heading in that direction here in the US... oh, I see... You're in Canada. Yeah... In that case, good point. I'm going to have to see how this all plays out.

Anyway, somehow I missed this one. Just ordered now.

Really enjoying this release. Can anyone enlighten on the origin of “Ten Million Demons?” Went through my discography and found no “studio” version. The Wizard Of Oz reference was fun! (We Oh Wee Oh)

I’ve had trouble “getting” Resistance....but dispersing it amongst their other tunes has helped appreciating it. Maybe it’s the old problem of so much unfamiliar music programmed together.

That audience member (left channel) was getting pretty annoying by the end of the second hour. One of those dudes who can’t shut up. Maybe he thought he was at a football match.....

^ The studio version of TMD is on disc 2 of The Road Of Bones.