Page 102 of 177 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 4416

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    That is a good one. I read it quite a while ago.
    Any recommendations for music bios or autobiographies would be appreciated. I DL Blondie's autobiography recently too. Thanks Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Can we be sure that there even is such a family?
    I am not sure that I understand your question?

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    I read that some months ago. What a horrible family. No shock there. It still does not excuse the behavior of 45.
    I am about 75% of the way through right now. I thought it bogged down a little bit when she was going on about not getting anything from the Grandfather's will, although I do get where she was coming from. I agree the family was pretty messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    Any recommendations for music bios or autobiographies would be appreciated. I DL Blondie's autobiography recently too. Thanks Steve.
    Looking through my kindle here are Some autobiography's I have read in the past year or so that I liked: Steve Hackett, Rob Halford, Bill Wyman, Ben Folds, Beeb Birtles, Steve Howe, John Entwistle, Bruce Dickinson, Steve Gorman (Black Crowes), Elton John, Ian Gillan, Pete Way (UFO), Roger Daltry, Charlie Daniels, Jorma Kaukonen, Doug Pinnick (Kings X ), KK Downing (Judas Prist), Steve Lukather, Bobby Rock, Jonathan Cain, Lita Ford, Kenny Aronoff, Mike Love, Bruce Springsteen, Phil Collins, Carmine Appice, Andy Powell (Wishbone Ash), John Fogerty, Dennis Dunaway, Joe Perry, Grahm Nash, Rod Stewart, Mike Rutherford.

Those should keep you busy for a while

Any questions on any of those feel free to ask. I also just started the new Peter Frampton auto last night and so far it is very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Looking through my kindle here are Some autobiography's I have read in the past year or so that I liked: Steve Hackett, Rob Halford, Bill Wyman, Ben Folds, Beeb Birtles, Steve Howe, John Entwistle, Bruce Dickinson, Steve Gorman (Black Crowes), Elton John, Ian Gillan, Pete Way (UFO), Roger Daltry, Charlie Daniels, Jorma Kaukonen, Doug Pinnick (Kings X ), KK Downing (Judas Prist), Steve Lukather, Bobby Rock, Jonathan Cain, Lita Ford, Kenny Aronoff, Mike Love, Bruce Springsteen, Phil Collins, Carmine Appice, Andy Powell (Wishbone Ash), John Fogerty, Dennis Dunaway, Joe Perry, Grahm Nash, Rod Stewart, Mike Rutherford.

Those should keep you busy for a while

Any questions on any of those feel free to ask. I also just started the new Peter Frampton auto last night and so far it is very interesting.
    Thanks for the extensive list. Some of these folks I’d love to read about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

In the Classic Rock Platinum Series: Genesis - The Complete Story!

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    I would love to try that. A few years ago, Rhode Island's Narragansett Brewery issued a Lovecraft series of beers to celebrate Providence boy H.P.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Working With People I Want To Punch In The Throat-Jen Mann

Finished Lovecraft Country and started Rob Halford: Confess.

Face It-Debbie Harry

Found a new one at the library, although I'm not ready to start it yet with all the other books I have out. Antkind by Charlie Kaufman, the screenwriter's first novel. Fans of his movies will likely be interested.

Finished Lovecraft Country and started Rob Halford: Confess.
    I really enjoyed the Halford book. After reading KK's book it was kind of interesting to hear some of the stories from 2 different perspectives.

Didn't know KK had a book. Musician autobiographies are difficult to find in this town.

Almost finished Mark Lewisohn - Tune in (extended edition)
    Still one chapter to go and waiting for the next parts of this Beatles biography.

Didn't know KK had a book. Musician autobiographies are difficult to find in this town.
    KK's came out a year or so ago, so it is pretty recent. I thought it was a very good read: https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-au...s%2C202&sr=1-1

Finished the Peter Frampton book last night. I have never been much of a Frampton fan, but he was so huge when I was growing up that he was hard to avoid. I enjoyed the book. He has played with a lot of people over the years, and I had completely forgot that he was a member of Humble Pie and that he toured as David Bowie's guitarist on his huge Glass Spider tour.

Next up I am going to read "The Real North Korea - Life And Politics In The Failed Stalinist Utopia". I believe this book was suggested by someone on this forum if I remember correctly. I have had it in my kindle for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Almost finished Mark Lewisohn - Tune in (extended edition)
    Still one chapter to go and waiting for the next parts of this Beatles biography.
    I haven’t delved into the Lewisohn books yet, but I just read Craig Brown’s 1234, it was different but it was also a hugely entertaining take on the Beatles often told tale, quite often focused on little marginal stories, but always captivating.

Ever Since Darwin: Reflections in Natural History by Stephen Jay Gould

Just started Change of Seasons: A Memoir by John Oates. I'm guessing by the sheer size of the book, 496 pages, that he was no second banana.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Finally finished;
    Mark Lewisohn - The Beatles, Tune In, the extended edition
    A hard job to someone who wasn't very good in English in her schooldays. It took me several years to read this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Finally finished;
    Mark Lewisohn - The Beatles, Tune In, the extended edition
    A hard job to someone who wasn't very good in English in her schooldays. It took me several years to read this book.
    Well, you certainly get an "A" for perseverance !
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

And I'll finish reading The Lost World by Conan Doyle today. A very interesting piece. It's a bit of a pity that I haven't read it before, but at the same time, it's nice and interesting to read it now.

Just started the Van deMeers' Big Book of Classic Fantasy. It's a lot like the Big Book of Science Fiction and The Weird, in that it provides a wide range of stories, from many countries, historically arranged, to give a real overview of its subject. Many of the stories appear in English for the first time, or in a new translation; and there are plenty of English-language stories, also. This one got so big that they had to divide it into two volumes, "...Classic Fantasy" and "...Modern Fantasy", with Tolkien as the dividing line (this volume ends with his lovely "Leaf By Niggle").
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.