Thread: What are you currently reading?

Can you compare it with his earlier stuff? I loved Foucault's Pendulum, and read Eco faithfully for a while, but gave up after 3-4 disappointments.
    ... “there’s a million ways to learn” (which there are, by the way), but ironically, there’s a million things to eat, I’m just not sure I want to eat them all. -- Jeff Berlin

Got a copy of Jez Rowden's "On Track ... Steely Dan". Although Rowden is a fan his writing is positive critical and informative. The book also covers the solo-albums by Fagen en Becker.

Just started Roger Daltrey's book, Thanks a Lot, Mr Kibblewhite. Pretty entertaining so far.
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Just started Roger Daltrey's book, Thanks a Lot, Mr Kibblewhite. Pretty entertaining so far.
    Did you get the actual book or the audiobook? I really enjoyed hearing Roger read it to me.

Actual book. I don't really do audiobooks (though I suppose it could've been a Kindle book).

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    I enjoyed that one a lot. I have also read Pete's book and Kenny Jones book for different perspectives.

Creekers by Edward Lee

Nobody does inbred redneck horror like Lee!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Creekers by Edward Lee

Nobody does inbred redneck horror like Lee!
    You said it. I've been looking for his The Bighead for a while. Tough to find.

Recently I finished So Here It Is, Slade's Dave Hill's autobiography. Very enjoyable. You'd think with his bizarre haircut, crazy clothes, and wild stage presence he'd be another Gene Siimmons. Not so. Here's a guy who's been married to the same woman for almost 50 years, and when he was in, at the time, one of the biggest bands in the world, he was still living in the projects ("council" house) with his mom and dad in his mid-twenties.

I'm about half-way through Rot by Gary Brandner. I'm enjoying it. Kind of like Pet Semetary. Girl dies in car crash, boy goes to gypsy to have girl revived, girl revives but not as boy would like. I think he'll go back to the gypsy to remedy the situation. This is my first book by Brandner. I'll be looking for others.
    Lou

Awarded the Krusty Brand Seal of Approval. It's not just good, it's good enough.

Finished Daltrey's book, which was quite good. Now ploughing into the second volume of a future-fantasy a la The Stand, by romance novelist Nora Roberts. The first volume was better than one would expect.

The Blue Guide to London, Emily Barber.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    The Stand by Steven King

American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins. A mother and her young son seek to escape cartel violence in Southern Mexico by traveling to the US.
    if you want money for people with minds that hate, all I can tell you is brother you have to wait

The Day the Sun Died, by Yan Lianke. Really weird. An entire village in China starts somnambulating. Also, corpse oil.