Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The King Crimson gene

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnwayne View Post
    Holy crap, Cloud About Mercury is really good.
    Oh my, yes. A favorite album for me.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Islands playing right now. The older HDCD encoded disc sounds pretty rad on an HDCD player (my olde Rotel 951). Too bad that format didn't travel farther. Love this album...this was the classiKc KC album that sort of evaded me for a long time...then I stopped being an asshole and started digging. Wait, I'm still an asshole....ignore that last part. This album sounds like normal Henry Cow at points.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    And impossible to get. Long OOP. One of several David Cross albums I currently covet.
    Ref: Low Flying Aircraft: Well at least you can hear it on You Tube if you are unfamiliar with it.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Islands playing right now. The older HDCD encoded disc sounds pretty rad on an HDCD player (my olde Rotel 951). Too bad that format didn't travel farther. Love this album...this was the classiKc KC album that sort of evaded me for a long time...then I stopped being an asshole and started digging. Wait, I'm still an asshole....ignore that last part. This album sounds like normal Henry Cow at points.
    Absolutely love Islands. "Formentera Lady" would be a great addition to the current Crim's setlist. I think I recall reading that Fripp is not a fan of the song, though. Too bad.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Italian singer Alice has worked with some of the members of KC through the years. I remember the first time I heard of her was on Park Hotel with Tony Levin. On her album Viaggio In Italia she covers the song Islands, together with Tim Bowness, another one who worked with KC-members:

^^On her website there's a nice page with all musicians that have played on her albums: http://www.alice-officialwebsite.com/musicisti.html

So, with all the Crimson Genes floating about this thread, make a comprehensive 3 CD (240 minutes+-) playlist to represent the collected output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnwayne View Post
    Holy crap, Cloud About Mercury is really good.
    I love it too, but that thin, bloodless ECM mix kills me. Bruford & Levin sound as though they are playing in another room through a closed door.