Thread: Crowdfunding campaign for new Flairck album

Crowdfunding campaign for new Flairck album

https://www.gofundme.com/f/flairck-back-alive-album

Support FLAIRCK on the release of their brand new album BACK ALIVE! this Autumn 2020 and get fantastic presents.

Strange times are hitting our lives. By the great forces of nature and destiny we all have been forced to lock ourselves down, to learn again to care about each other and to reflect about the world we have and the world that we should build from now on.

It is no secret that Culture, Arts, and obviously also Music, were already having a hard time to survive even before the start of the pandemic emergency. And now, more than ever, artists are in need of the support and solidarity of the public to be able to continue doing their work.

Flairck was in the middle of recording sessions for their new studio album when the pandemic emergency made everything come to a stop. However, stubborn and committed as we are, we have managed to reorganize our work in order to keep the release date of this album in 2020.

This is will be possible with your help and with the support of the great Flairck audiences around the globe. Please consider supporting our crowdfunding campaign as it is together how we shall overcome these dark times.

By supporting the production of this album before September 30th 2020, you will also get great presents as a thank you for donating to our campaign.

* 15 Digital download of the album

* 25 a CD copy

* 35 Digital download + CD

* 50 Digital download + CD (signed) + Merchandise gift

* 100 Digital download + CD (signed) + Merchandise gift + Ticket to a Flairck concert of choice

Thank you in advance for your support!

Are Visser and Weekers involved or is that more New Flairck?

New Flairck but 'approved' by Erik Visser.

Daniel Ortiz and Jeroen Goossens are older members and Joris Vanvinckenroye (aranis) is one of the new members. He is also one of the composers in the new line up.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'll probably get involved before the deadline
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Great band!!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

<bump>

5 days left and Flairck 2.0 still needs some backers to reach the target of their crowdfunding campaign.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/flairck-back-alive-album

Last edited by thedunno; 09-25-2020 at 04:50 AM.

The New Flairck album "Back alive" is out today

https://flairck.bandcamp.com/releases

Testing the new BC feature for PE

This album needs and deserves more listeners. Prog folk fans should certainly give it a try. More 'avant'-fans should try track 2. Check it out, its great1

Yes, as one of the supporters of the crowdfunding campaign I have also received this disc and gave it a couple of spins. Well, I had already heard some of the tunes this summer, at one of Flairck's open air concerts.

I like the album, but it is clearly a different style than the "old" Flairck. This one reminds me more of Joris' work in Basta and Aranis...

Quote Originally Posted by Silantyev View Post
    I like the album, but it is clearly a different style than the "old" Flairck. This one reminds me more of Joris' work in Basta and Aranis...
    I agree and I actually consider that an advantage.

I miss the "Old" Flairck, still... When I moved to Belgium in 2014, I managed to witness them on their last tour of the classic line-up (with inclusion of Pablo). It is partially reflected in their DVD "Lady's back" issued in the same year. Well, that performance was far superior in terms of showmanship in comparison to the current version...

That being said, I realise that I mention the difference in concert presentation rather than the actual music...

I think the old Flairck was a bit simpler musically. A lot of familiar sounding folk and mediaevil tunes that served as a vehicle to showcase the virtuosity of the players. Do not get me wrong; I always liked Flairck and seeing them live always was great fun in any line-up. I've seen them many times.

This new Flairck is much less about the playing but more focused on the tunes. Joris can do very little wrong for me so I am absolutely fine with that.

Yeah, I need to give this album a few more spins, I do like it but have been on a bit of a buying binge so it go missed in the mix a bit. I love Joris' work so he's a great add for me. I thought Liesbeth from Aranis had also joined, did she drop out already?
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I saw Flairck two years ago and Liesbeth was in the lineup then. IN the current lineup they are back from 3 to 2 violin players in favour of a flute (and bassoon) player. Liesbeth is out.

Much as I love Liesbeth every band should have a bassoon player
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Q.F.T.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Even Flatt and Scruggs?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Even Flatt and Scruggs?
    Especially Flatt and Scruggs.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection