Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Beardfish/Gungfly Challenge

I revisited the first two Gungfly albums Please be quiet and Lamentations this week. While i still think the first is by far the best I liked Lamentation more then I remembered.

Never got the later Gungfly or Rikard solo albums. Worth getting? It sucks they're not on bandcamp.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    I revisited the first two Gungfly albums Please be quiet and Lamentations this week. While i still think the first is by far the best I liked Lamentation more then I remembered.

Never got the later Gungfly or Rikard solo albums. Worth getting? It sucks they're not on bandcamp.

If you are a fan of Rikard's writing (which it seems you are), then I would say yes. Even the title in Swedish called "Att for barn..." is a very cool album...more poppy but it still has that Sjöblom vibe. The Unbendable Sleep is great too, although the production seems to be just slightly 'off' a bit....but the music is cool. The latest 2 are also excellent, some stuff seems like it could have been on one of the last 3 BF albums. These are all on streaming and probably YT as well so you could spin some tunes and see how they are treating you. I think some of those titles are only available in the Rumbling Box set...but of course I am 100% happy I bought that set.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    If you are a fan of Rikard's writing (which it seems you are), then I would say yes. Even the title in Swedish called "Att for barn..." is a very cool album...more poppy but it still has that Sjöblom vibe. The Unbendable Sleep is great too, although the production seems to be just slightly 'off' a bit....but the music is cool. The latest 2 are also excellent, some stuff seems like it could have been on one of the last 3 BF albums. These are all on streaming and probably YT as well so you could spin some tunes and see how they are treating you. I think some of those titles are only available in the Rumbling Box set...but of course I am 100% happy I bought that set.
    The problem is that I am out of cd storage space (We Dutch live in small compact houses and when it comes to a battle for room for my cds or my wives penguin collection I always loose ). I only want to buy cd's for 'essential' releases. Dunno if these Rikard albums are essential enough for me.

Maybe i'll grab them from itunes.

The Unbendable Sleep is excellent IMO, highly recommended to any fan!
    Prog, Metal and Classic rock reviews/interviews - www.velvetthunder.co.uk

I've been in a mood lately because of this thread, and today I spun the two spectacular albums Cyklonmannen and Friendship. Outstanding stuff! What a talent he is.

I just preordered the new Gungfly album in red vinyl! Just 9 more weeks (or so) to go!

Waiting on my review copy, really looking forward to it and to interviewing Rikard about all things GungFish!