Thread: Any Questions for McStine/Minnemann?

Any Questions for McStine/Minnemann?

These two have a brand new album that's about to drop and I'm going to discuss it with them on my show on the 20th.

If you have questions about any part of their careers, post them here!

Old man of prog
    Yes I have one.....Randy McStine where have you been hiding all my life?

To Marco: Did you enjoy performing with Jobson and Wetton in UK in 2012?
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

What is the extent of Marco's involvement on the upcoming Panzerballett album? e.g. 1 track, whole album

^ I need to hear that. He'll fit right in with those guys.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

This is coming up this weekend, any more questions for these two?

Also, here's a rebroadcast of my show last weekend with actor Robbie Rist. He's a musician too. And he's a riot! Funniest interview yet... My show isn't just about prog musicians, though the bulk of my guests are. Robbie even asks "what's up? about that.

Thanks! just like you did with the Brislin interview I'd be interested to hear Marco's thoughts on The Sea Within project. How did the writing and recording sessions go, is he happy with how the album turned out, thoughts on a second album? For Randy same type questions about The Fringe.

also for Marco, was the reason he didn't get the Dream Theater job because he wouldn't give up his side projects and other bands?

I'd like to hear Marco's approach to working with another drummer (Mike Mangini) when they both played with
    Eddie Jobson at NEARFest. How much of their drum duet was improvised or worked out in advance, etc.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What artists had the most impact on your music?
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Thanks for the questions. We tried to get to most of them. Here's a slightly edited version of things. Had a few connection issues...
    We discussed their excellent new album, along with early influences, musical mindsets for playing, writing and arranging, Marco's recent work with Alex Lifeson and much more!
    Last edited by Sean; 06-22-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks - just watched whole thing - well done and covered quite a bit. Cool your twin brother showed up for a bit (or your clone)! and then cool Jake Livgren dropped by.

LOL Yeah, that was a night of technical difficulties. Kept losing my internet connection. I actually had the cable company out to replace the line so everything's been fine since then. I'm glad it turned out as well as it did once I edited the snafus out, we covered a lot of ground.
    Last edited by Sean; 07-08-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    LOL Yeah, that was a night of technical difficulties. Kept losing my internet connection. I actually had the cable company out to replace the line so everything's been fine since then. I'm glad it turned out as well as it did once I edited the snafus out, we covered a lot of ground.
    Thanks for having us, Sean!