Thread: Physical Therapy - My Drum Kit

Physical Therapy - My Drum Kit

I'm missing a few important parts, a throne and a double bass clutch even though I'm not doing double bass patterns. I'll buy a double bass pedal soon enough. Those parts are in the mail.

Just picked up a set of Zjldian cymbals, 14" and 16" crash, normal for the rest, $200 usually 5 or 6, just now need two boom stands and I'm set. Physical therapy through music.

I'm psyched. Gonna attempt Tom Sawyer. Rock and roll, baby!

I've got pics but don't know how to post them. I don't do social media do whatever.

Beautiful plumage. They glow in the moonlight, the cymbals do.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    I've got pics but don't know how to post them. I don't do social media do whatever.
    Dude.

This is a social medium.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Dude.

This is a social medium.
    What I meant is that there are no pics on other sites that I could link. Photobucket now charges to host pics and I have no clue how to get them up here. No biggie as it's not set up fully yet, a few tweaks need to be done and a few pieces need acquiring.

I still am bashing my head against walls trying to figure out how I lost my throne stand. That's $60 bucks I didn't need to spend.

I just wanna play, maybe help my foot heal a bit, maybe not. Not professionally playing but just having some fun. Heck, my chops are not really there at this time so that muscle memory is going to need some work.

I'm gonna putz around with this for a while but may take the two kits, sell them, then throw in a few more hundred and get a bit nicer kit for around $1,000. I don't want to go hog wild but this kit is a little beat up and would make a nice starter kit.

Picked up what I needed from Amazon. Stuff I needed wasn't on Craigslist and The Guitar Center has some outrageous prices. Throne, two cheap cymbal stands, clutch and pieces parts(felt and what not) for just over $200. In a few days I'll be good to go.

Kit was $300 so I'm set for just over $700, not bad.

What I meant is that there are no pics on other sites that I could link. Photobucket now charges to host pics and I have no clue how to get them up here. No biggie as it's not set up fully yet, a few tweaks need to be done and a few pieces need acquiring.

I still am bashing my head against walls trying to figure out how I lost my throne stand. That's $60 bucks I didn't need to spend.

I just wanna play, maybe help my foot heal a bit, maybe not. Not professionally playing but just having some fun. Heck, my chops are not really there at this time so that muscle memory is going to need some work.

I'm gonna putz around with this for a while but may take the two kits, sell them, then throw in a few more hundred and get a bit nicer kit for around $1,000. I don't want to go hog wild but this kit is a little beat up and would make a nice starter kit.
    You can also add a picture from your computer. Just select from computer in upload image.

Don't know how to get the pic from my phone to here. I can work a comp but don't know how to translate it from a stupid phone.

It's a gonna look pretty, that I assure ya.

Don't know how to get the pic from my phone to here. I can work a comp but don't know how to translate it from a stupid phone.

It's a gonna look pretty, that I assure ya.
    Can you transfer it from your phone to your computer? Or send it from your phone to the computer?

Email it to yourself from the phone and upload it from the computer?
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Forget the pics for now.

So I'd been just playing nonsense for the last few weeks. I can only get to them a few days a week as it's at a friends house and was just frakking around, playing whatever came to mind.

I picked up some cheap headphones that cover my ears and I can play to music now and that's where I excel, playing songs. That practice shit doesn't work too well with me.

Started with Mob Rules from Sabbath. Got through three songs, sorta ok, and had to stop. I'm hurting myself doing this, and it's not my messed up foot, it's my arms.

Ok, came back the next day and got through 7 songs of Queensryche's Rage For Order. Tough, but I'm feeling my timing coming back, slowly, and that shit ain't easy, as I thought it would be. That's why I picked the Sabbath to start with. Still wasn't easy, I'm just not there physically, yet.

Today, I finished the last three on Rage and did most of Tesla's first album. I don't have it yet but I'm getting there. Those last three I once did at an open mic session so I'mnot unfamiliar with them but It's still not easy.

Funny, I don't think about my messed up foot while I'm playing. Got moccasins I play in(gives a good feel, not like shoes) so there's less pressure on my foot but it's not so screwed up that I can't do this. Maybe can't stand on it all day but I can do this.

Feels so damned good to hit things. My cymbal setup ain't perfect but for the price I paid, I'm happy. Still trying to figure out the stacked cymbals as they just seem to sound like metal hitting metal but I'll figure that out. Don't need them right now as I'm trying to keep it simple although that QR stuff was a little out of my league right now.

My friend, who's got my drums, says I sound so much better playing songs. He's been there the last three days and he thinks the improvement is massive. I also do, but I know I can do so much better than what I'm throwing up right now.

Practice. We talking about practice.

Drums are excellent therapy. After a stressful day I go out to my studio and bang away... seems to make the crap of a day job just fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Drums are excellent therapy. After a stressful day I go out to my studio and bang away... seems to make the crap of a day job just fade away.
    My day job is attempting to take of my Mom who has Alzheimers. So, yeah, when those three days show up I'm a little excited also yet, apprehensive because my abilities have been uprooted by age. It ain't the same as being a 20 something when it didn't hurt to play. Not my foot, it's my arms. They seem like these flabby appendages upon my body that won't do what I want them to do and after about thirty minutes, the pain is a good kind of pain but pain nonetheless.

Fun stuff. I feel good doing it, and I almost never feel good with my stupid situation. Gotta have a release.

Think I may try Signals from Rush next time. See if I can almost, but probably not likely, get anywhere near getting through Subdivisions. The rest, most likely the same but I do want to play Analog Kid and mess around with those nice patterns of Neil's.

Go big or go home, right?