Thread: Inedit: Serú Giran debut Obras (3 de noviembre de 1978)

Inedit: Serú Giran debut Obras (3 de noviembre de 1978)

Hello Gang!
    - GOLD -

It was uploaded yesterday and hopefully soon, the whole concert; I know there is more material that's coming to see the light of day ... finally!

"Daniel Goldberg kept this video for years.
    At the moment, the only images available of Serú Girán around 1978; two songs from the concert (not coincidentally the only ones in which the orchestra intervened) of November 3, 1978, in Obras."

Enjoy!.
    Last edited by TCC; 05-31-2020 at 06:44 PM.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Thanks for posting this T.

I have not been able to work my way with this band, although I've tried. The 80's production values and the randomness of the writing - so many disparate elements thrown in together - alienate me as a listener. Some parts are fantastic - like the intro to Bicicleta or Tema de Nayla, others fly completely above me. In terms of chops and originality they were unmatched.

What to do? Not all music is for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post

I have not been able to work my way with this band, although I've tried. The 80's production values and the randomness of the writing - so many disparate elements thrown in together - alienate me as a listener. Some parts are fantastic - like the intro to Bicicleta or Tema de Nayla, others fly completely above me. In terms of chops and originality they were unmatched.

Seru Giran was one of the most successful bands in Argentina in the 80's. The other second band comparable on success which got even bigger was Soda Stereo.

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    Seru Giran was one of the most successful bands in Argentina in the 80's. The other second band comparable on success which got even bigger was Soda Stereo.
    Yes, I am aware of that. I just wanted to say that probably this is not for me.

In a way they remind me of Queen, to which I also have an ambiguous relationship. Part genius, part kitsch, part cheesy, part rock'n'roll, capable of the best and the worst together. And Queen were extremely popular too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappathustra View Post

Hello Zappa!.
    You're welcome!

The same happens to me with the music of Serú Girán, but in summary, the "positive" things are more than those that can pull me apart from their music.
    Also, I must confess that the emotion of seeing this video for the first time surpassed me, too emotional!

Pura Vida!
    Last edited by TCC; 06-03-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    Yes, with you Rickm but these days, I tend to listen more to the solo albums of Gustavo Cerati. (RIP)

Regards,
    Tomás.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.