Thread: 22 Beach Boys Gems

22 Beach Boys Gems

http://progsheet1.hypermart.net/22beachboys2020.html

I enjoyed putting this together! As I was assembling it I swapped out The Little Girl I Once Knew with I Went To Sleep simply because it was in my head.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

The eons are closing
    Simply a list or a listening order?
    Always enjoy these Señor Wilcox

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

I always loved Sail On Sailor and Chaplin's lead vocals. The Chaplin/Fataar era of the Beach Boys was short but produced two really solid studio albums and a great live one. "Here She Comes" is another song that I always have loved with Chaplin on lead.

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Simply a list or a listening order?
    Always enjoy these Señor Wilcox

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Both, to be honest. I imagined it as a playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    I always loved Sail On Sailor and Chaplin's lead vocals. The Chaplin/Fataar era of the Beach Boys was short but produced two really solid studio albums and a great live one. "Here She Comes" is another song that I always have loved with Chaplin on lead.
    Agree 100%

Banned
    The most substantial omissions from my perspective and that should have replaced some of the more popular BB "hits" in the past:

1) Somewhere Near Japan - A single release from 1990 that didn't chart but was one of their most lush, beautifully written recordings since the Brian Wilson writing days (John Phillips co-wrote it).
    2) Don't Worry Baby - Perhaps my favorite BB song of all time; the flip side of "I Get Around", which I believe should have been the other way around.
    3) I Can Hear Music - Another modest hit on the charts (#24) that I believe deserves more appreciation for its beautiful melody and great harmonizing.

Of course, God only knows what their best songs really are. So much outstanding music which I grew up on and that still resonates with me to this day.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I love late '60s BB.

Quote Originally Posted by SunRunner2 View Post
    The most substantial omissions from my perspective and that should have replaced some of the more popular BB "hits" in the past:

1) Somewhere Near Japan - A single release from 1990 that didn't chart but was one of their most lush, beautifully written recordings since the Brian Wilson writing days (John Phillips co-wrote it).
    2) Don't Worry Baby - Perhaps my favorite BB song of all time; the flip side of "I Get Around", which I believe should have been the other way around.
    3) I Can Hear Music - Another modest hit on the charts (#24) that I believe deserves more appreciation for its beautiful melody and great harmonizing.

Of course, God only knows what their best songs really are. So much outstanding music which I grew up on and that still resonates with me to this day.
    All very strong choices!