Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most cultural significance - Toyah or King Crimson ?

^ But on the game show he was introduced as a guitarist who had played with Bowie and... That shows you how much visibility Crimson has in the public mind.

^^^It's because most of the the masses don't know anything about music beyond pop. But every KC concert since the group started playing songs from their entire discography have either sold out or were close to it. KC has millions of fans, and long after the original members are long gone from this world will be remembered. I said in a recent post that prog is not dead. It just went underground, unlike the early 1970's when this new music genre got attention and was in the public spotlight. There will always be new young generations of music lovers and musicians that yearn to hear and create music beyond the commercial world of pop. Long live King Crimson and long live progressive rock.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

I remember seeing a broadcast in the eaqrly 80's, when she was dancing like a mix of "Sioux on the war path" with a Mohawk hairdo (but don't remember that Maya headcover she wore on her confrontation with Frippy) and the blue dress she's wearing on Anthem and she was "hoooooooootttttt", and didn't really dislike the music either. I remember bringing the album home (it looked like a twisted Saga cover), but it only stayed there two or three months (I guess max 4 or 5 spins) home before hitting the used bins, where I'd taken it from.

So I checked her out in RYM and I had no idea that she'd done so many albums after he band croacked.
    Including a stab a Queen Crimson...

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/al...imson-queen-2/

LMAO with the second review, which is (I swear) not my doing
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Lunchtime Toyah In Afternoon, Part II

^ ^ ^ ^

my wife and I particularly liked that one.
    They have turned into both of ours 'favorite couple in show-biz'.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I like that one

Her purse is not exactly Crimson, but her dress is, so close enough.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

^^^This is a hoot. Let's see her dance to Fracture, now that would really be a challenge! And at her age it might lead to one! Or at least a trip to the chiropractor.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.