Thread: Zoltan Csorsz (ex-Flower Kings, ex-Karmakanic) drummer joins Lifesigns

Zoltan Csorsz (ex-Flower Kings, ex-Karmakanic) drummer joins Lifesigns

It was announced today that Zoltan has joined Lifesigns, replacing original drummer Frosty Beedle, who announced his departure officially earlier this week. The band is currently writing/recording their third studio cd, to be called "Altitude," with a release later this year or early 2021. I'm very excited to hear what Zoltan can bring to the new material, as well as the older songs.

Glad to hear the band is carrying on. Beedle provided a lot of harmony vox. Does the new guy sing, too?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

AFAIK, Zoltan doesn't sing. As for Frosty's background vox, while he did sing, you can tell a lot of the harmonies are canned, which the band freely admits (see their DVD credits).

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Glad to hear the band is carrying on. Beedle provided a lot of harmony vox. Does the new guy sing, too?
    . I sang Happy Birthday to Zoltan when he was with The Flower Kings

I've seen the band several times, and the backing vox didn't sound canned to me. At least three of the band were singing, and it was the tiniest of venues, so I was close enough up to hear.

But with Frosty gone, they may have to use canned vox, as he contributed a lot this year and last - more than on the dvd which was shot a few years back.

I'm sorry to see him depart, as his banter with JY between songs was an important part of Lifesigns' feelgood factor when seeing them live. (I prefer the live shows, and find the cds a little bland by comparison.)

It'll be interesting to see if Zoltan stays the course with them....

Zoltan is a fantastic player.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

I love Lifesigns