Thread: Haken - Virus released June 5th

Haken - Virus released June 5th

I know there are at least a handful of fans here. The new Haken album Virus is due in just a couple of weeks. The third advance single is being unveiled this Friday (May 22).

My review is here:

https://www.velvetthunder.co.uk/hake...nsideout-2020/
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Ordered. Looking forward to it.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

This is pretty much an auto buy for me. They have yet to disappoint. Thanks for the review. Sounds very promising.

Received an email from Burning Shed today saying it's pushed back to June 15

Just pre-ordered through Lasers Edge. Looking forward to this one for sure.

This one is definitely on my radar. I just got an email from a guy at work who I was working with this earlier this week. We have both been at the company over 19 years but had never met. We talked a lot about our favorite bands. So now we're sending YouTube links back and forth. He liked the Haken stuff I sent him.
    <sig out of order>

The first couple of released songs sound very promising. Vector was a big disappointment for me...they seemed to have totally lost their sense of melody, which has always been such a huge strength of the band. Seems like this might be back on track, with a mixture of the trademark melody and the extra heaviness found on Vector. Looking forward to it.

neil

Just out of curiousity: did Haken choose this title before the arrival of COVID? Very prescient if so...

^^Apparently, they had the title already picked out back in 2017, so yes.

neil

For you Haken Fans, I heard a song yesterday that sounds a lot like Haken, so if you're looking for similar bands, give this a try.

Voyager- Brightstar

Been listening to their first album.....Aquarius. First time hearing this group. Very melodic, adventurous, and pretty damn fine. Can't wait to hear the whole discography

The Mountain is really good but albums after that have left me quite cold. Especially the last one was quite disappointing.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Just saw the video of Invasion. Kinda creepy. They sound more metal on this track.

One of my favorite bands and am very much looking forward to Virus. I also really liked Vector and Affinity, so it's possible that if you don't like recent albums, you won't like this one either. That's OK; you're allowed to not like everything.

The band was very apologetic about the title of the album. It's been in the works for a long time and is part of this multi-album-spanning story (going back to The Mountain) that they have built up about Dr. Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Been listening to their first album.....Aquarius. First time hearing this group. Very melodic, adventurous, and pretty damn fine. Can't wait to hear the whole discography
    If you like Aquarius, you'll probably really like Visions. The epic title track is pretty fantastic.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Just heard Visions. It's heavier, and darker than the first album. On to to the 3rd album.

Jon Neudorf
    Great band. Really looking forward to the new one.

Album release now pushed back to July 10th due to logistical problems. I expect this can and will happen with a lot of new releases for the forseeable future.

They've just announced their keyboardist Diego Tejeida has left the band. 'Different musical visions'.

Yeah, that's a bummer. Maybe a new member will shake things up a little.
    <sig out of order>

Supposedly Diego has already been working on new music. "During the pandemic, I’ve been writing music for a brand new project, together with some dear friends of mine. Some of them will be familiar faces. Stay tuned." This has been hinted at for over a year, so it's not a shock and I expect Haken already has someone else lined up. I'm curious who it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    Supposedly Diego has already been working on new music. "During the pandemic, I’ve been writing music for a brand new project, together with some dear friends of mine. Some of them will be familiar faces. Stay tuned." This has been hinted at for over a year, so it's not a shock and I expect Haken already has someone else lined up. I'm curious who it will be.
    Yeah, could be some interesting changes and I will be curious to see what Diego's new project comes up with.
    <sig out of order>

He was possibly my favorite part of the band. Curious to see what their next move is, but even more curious to see what Diego's next move is.

Quote Originally Posted by gearHed289 View Post
    He was possibly my favorite part of the band. Curious to see what their next move is, but even more curious to see what Diego's next move is.
    I haven't listened to it yet, but Diego is the guest in Markus Reuter's most recent Podcast: Markus Reuter PODCAST #061: Diego Tejeida
    One thing is for sure, the sheep is not a creature of the air.
    https://sproingg.bandcamp.com/