Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IQ LIve streaming this weekend

IQ LIve streaming this weekend

IQ will be performing live this weekend in streaming with the link available on their web site :

https://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/253-streaming-event

I have a feeling this is going to be one new normal moving forward. It certainly can make it possible for people to see acts whose concerts might be difficult to attend.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Well, it's sort of live streaming. It's actually a concert they recorded in january, being shown for the first time on Friday. But the IQ boys will be chatting live.

Am I right in thinking the initial live streaming will be at 3:00pm on the US east coast? Or am I reading it wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    Am I right in thinking the initial live streaming will be at 3:00pm on the US east coast? Or am I reading it wrong?

20:00 GMT google tells me that is 3:00 pm in your region and 4:00 in my region
    Last edited by jarmsuh; 05-20-2020 at 06:23 AM.

My Google calendar adjusted to 4pm east coast when I put in 8pm GMT. London time is +1 from GMT, so that must be because of DST? Not completely sure. They said the stream would be available for a week.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post

Now Google tell me it's 4:00pm in philly which is logical

Oh nice, looking forward to it. For anyone who wants to see the setlist, it's here: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iq/20...y-398ad7b.html

It is a nice gesture from the band to allow viewing this concert at later times after the original streaming dates of May 22-23.

So if you can't see it those days, you can always go their website https://www.iq-hq.co.uk/index.php/253-streaming-event to view it at a later date.

Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

I would be curious to know how many people have watched this concert for 2 hours. Great music, but I didn't like the lighting set up, cheap unwatchable typical of small clubs. After an hour, I stop watching and just listening in my headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    I would be curious to know how many people have watched this concert for 2 hours. Great music, but I didn't like the lighting set up, cheap unwatchable typical of small clubs. After an hour, I stop watching and just listening in my headphones.
    I guess that's why they have not released it commercially.
    I've grabbed an HD download and it isn't too bad.
    They aren't visually eye-catching anyway, it's the music that counts.

At one point during the Premiere showing, I saw the viewing total reach 1200 people at the highest. It dropped down into the 1100s after that. I'm sure it will pick up a lot more views during the free week's viewing window.

I haven't had a chance to see this video yet but am looking forward to it.
    We saw IQ in Bury a couple of weeks before this show and the set looks the same (+one extra song).
    At the same venue in 2018 they played two prototype "Resistance" songs which were referred to as "Mome" and "Flent" at the time - anyone know which songs these eventually became?

As to the quality, the sound was excellent, with a good live mix. The lighting and camera exposure settings were a bit iffy at times. Wisely they are not releasing it commercially. You could call it an official bootleg.

Quote Originally Posted by yesman1955 View Post
    As to the quality, the sound was excellent, with a good live mix. The lighting and camera exposure settings were a bit iffy at times. Wisely they are not releasing it commercially. You could call it an official bootleg.
    It was one guy who filmed the show and the Colos-Saal gets PACKED...i'm talking shoulder to shoulder sardines in a tin type of thing! He set that camera up at the back and it's totally overexposed BUT he wouldn't have been able to get back to it when the show started to make adjustments. If that camera would have been correct it would have been a really good video, he did a decent job all round. The band get people offering to record shows all the time and they have a lot of footage that just goes in the archives.

If they were going to do a proper shoot, it'd most probably be at the Boerderij in Holland who have a tremendous lighting setup and they would obviously have a proper video crew.

Mike was just watching this show a couple of months ago and thought it'd be a pretty cool thing to just throw out there during these crazy times. Rob recorded the sound so obviously that was top notch.

I personally think they should just leave it up on YouTube permanently, I think it's a great promo for the band.

Quote Originally Posted by r2daft2 View Post
    At the same venue in 2018 they played two prototype "Resistance" songs which were referred to as "Mome" and "Flent" at the time - anyone know which songs these eventually became?
    Mome = Fire and Security
    Flent = Fallout

Thanks for the info, I'll try to watch it soon.
    Resistance is still growing on me with each listen.

Thanks to De3 for the info. Appreciated.

Watching it now from their website. The picture quality it a bit fuzzy, probably due to the lighting effects. Sound is great. Performance is awesome. Probably the only way I'll be able to see their show.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

They did their Frequency concert video at Boerderij in Holland*years ago and the quality of sound and vision was very good for DVD.

Scrape Across the Sky, their first BluRay concert video from 2016 was also very good.

We watched the concert later in the evening after the first showing and enjoyed it quite a lot.
    I thought the visuals were good and agree, the mix was wonderful. We watched it on our 55" Sanyo LED and I think it looked great, sound was played through our audio system, not the TV.
    There was some synching issues between the visual and sound towards the end, which threw everything off, but it didn't bother us because the music was so good.

Thank you so much for sharing this great show with us IQ.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Be sure to read the chat too, as all band members contributed to it during the stream, commenting on the songs. And some other lurkers were noticed like Tobias Lundgren (ex-Moon Safari)!
    Last edited by Azol; 05-23-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I think IQ said the shoot didn't meet their expectations for release. But it was still very cool of them to do that. I watched a little, but was also watching the archival Beardfish show that NJ Proghouse was streaming. I prefer to listen to IQ than watch videos I have to say, though I've never gotten to see them live which must be a lot better.