Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IQ LIve streaming this weekend

Most of their video releases are very entertaining, you are missing out on that!
    Subterranea DVD is must-watch.
    IQ20 is (almost) a vintage performance now but still hugely enjoyable! Etc etc...
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Azol View Post
    Most of their video releases are very entertaining, you are missing out on that!
    Subterranea DVD is must-watch.
    IQ20 is (almost) a vintage performance now but still hugely enjoyable! Etc etc...
    I checked on ebay and amazon - $106 and shipping.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Subterranea on video is fantastic, and having Martin in the band at the time makes it even better.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Some of you are raving about the sound, I listened on a good pair of cans on my computer, the recording was so poor (it was not a mixing desk line recording) that I stopped listening after about 20 minutes, went over to Quobuz and hit up the IQ section instead. Different strokes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    (it was not a mixing desk line recording).
    Yes it was

Quote Originally Posted by jcarr73729 View Post
    I guess that's why they have not released it commercially.
    I've grabbed an HD download and it isn't too bad.
    They aren't visually eye-catching anyway, it's the music that counts.
    Agreed, the music is the main focus with IQ. Like with King Crimson: Who wants to see a bunch of old guys in black suits and ties with a dull curtain behind them?
    Well, if you are listening to great Crimson virtuoso performances, all is forgiven and the same applies to IQ. It's the awesome music.

I have been fortunate to have seen IQ Live twice and can't say enough how much I loved them entirely. And would not hesitate to go see them again!
    My only criticism but not a complaint in any way is that they should do away with the old 3 screens and create some new kind of backdrop or innovate the screen configuration. Rush mastered this with excellency and skill,besides their music was just as awesome.

I enjoyed the IQ live stream for the full 2 + hours, my favs are still the songs from The Road of Bones. You cannot demand much from a bootleg (sound + vision) and just appreciate the band and give to your local charities for covit-19 vaccine research if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by De3 View Post
    Yes it was
    Well it sounded like shit if it was, and the levels were all over the place. The video seemed fine, if they felt it wasn't high enough quality to release I suppose they agree with me.

Some of you are raving about the sound, I listened on a good pair of cans on my computer, the recording was so poor (it was not a mixing desk line recording) that I stopped listening after about 20 minutes, went over to Quobuz and hit up the IQ section instead. Different strokes I guess.
    Well it sounded like shit if it was, and the levels were all over the place. The video seemed fine, if they felt it wasn't high enough quality to release I suppose they agree with me.
    Different strokes exactly..it did not sound like shit to me, and perhaps our perception of what shit is, is different. lol
    We listened through our audio system of Sony STRDH130 2 Channel Stereo Receiver(100W) and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 bookshelf speakers.
    I am very critical when listening to stuff, especially YouTube or bootleg stuff and I thought the audio sounded great. If something sounds bad to my ears, no matter who the artist or material is I'll bail and not bother watching/listening.

I really am sorry you found the sound so bad you couldn't listen/watch cause my wife and I really enjoyed it, and thankful IQ decided to share it.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Usually am a sorry stickler for sound myself, but I found this totally acceptable; with some wonderful moments such as The Last Human Gateway which I hadn't listened to in years...

Peter has this wonderful stage-way which is "inclusive", as well as "we don't take ourselves too seriously (just enough though, take a gander at the "The Road of Bones")" which has always been a hit with me...

A great uplifting moment in these coronavirus times...(and yes I know it was recorded in January, so what?).

Ed
    Last edited by rickmoraz; 05-26-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Enjoyed it very much. I don't know what it is about this band and their music but the emotions come welling out of me when I listen to them.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Just finished the stream. It thought it was an excellent concert. Think I agree with Jed that I like IQ even better in the live format. Finally got to see them at Progstock 2018 and have been a big fan ever since. I love the 3 screens, especially on some of the concept stuff like Road of Bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Different strokes exactly..it did not sound like shit to me, and perhaps our perception of what shit is, is different. lol
    We listened through our audio system of Sony STRDH130 2 Channel Stereo Receiver(100W) and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 bookshelf speakers.
    I am very critical when listening to stuff, especially YouTube or bootleg stuff and I thought the audio sounded great. If something sounds bad to my ears, no matter who the artist or material is I'll bail and not bother watching/listening.

I really am sorry you found the sound so bad you couldn't listen/watch cause my wife and I really enjoyed it, and thankful IQ decided to share it.
    Gonna grab a different pair of cans and go for a second round on your say-so.

Gonna grab a different pair of cans and go for a second round on your say-so.
    oh oh....

oh oh....
    Sounded fine the second go, I was in a hi rez deep dive the first time, I think the transition to live overloaded my circuits, I love IQ and the show was definitely worth the time, thanks for the slap in the kisser.

Sounded fine the second go, I was in a hi rez deep dive the first time, I think the transition to live overloaded my circuits, I love IQ and the show was definitely worth the time, thanks for the slap in the kisser.
    That's great to hear, glad you were able to enjoy it as much as we did.
    Thanks for your willingness to listen to alternative opinions and giving it a second chance.

That's great to hear, glad you were able to enjoy it as much as we did.
    Thanks for your willingness to listen to alternative opinions and giving it a second chance.
    Unlike a lot of folks nowadays I don't know everything, how about that?

I count myself lucky in that (almost) every year IQ include a visit to Bury Met (which is a venue across the road from where I used to work!) and consequently I get to see them play live regularly.
    I was at their show there less than two weeks prior to this film being recorded and they played basically the same set (just one song different).
    To my mind this is a treat and I'm thrilled that the band arranged for it to be posted.
    The limitations on the visuals didn't bother me at all (occasionally they added to the atmosphere) and the sound was fine.
    Absolutely no grounds for complaint from me.
    Although... If I really wanted to be petty, I could point out that the second encore is missing!

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    Just finished the stream. It thought it was an excellent concert. Think I agree with Jed that I like IQ even better in the live format. Finally got to see them at Progstock 2018 and have been a big fan ever since. I love the 3 screens, especially on some of the concept stuff like Road of Bones.
    I was there too! I have attended the last two Progstock, 2018 was far better than 2019.

IQ was THE best band of the 2018 festival. UK was 2nd best but got cut-off by a local curfew law that did not let us hear the planned Encores (The Only Thing She Needs + Sahara of Snow) that were not played.
    Last edited by Rajaz; 05-29-2020 at 12:05 PM.

IQ was my favorite too,of Progstock '18 and '19. I'd agree that '18 was the better of the two, though I did really enjoy Phideaux, Jane Getter, Rocket Scientistsl, Nektar and Saga last year (Brand X had a bit of an off night). Saturday late night was really lame last year with the fan played stuff though, I hope they don't repeat that. Speaking of which I wonder what the prospects are for Progstock 2020?
    Last edited by Wah3; 06-01-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Although I've tried to find time to view it these past few days, time has been consumed by work and now it seems I've missed it. Oh well. Maybe there'll be another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Interstellar View Post
    Although I've tried to find time to view it these past few days, time has been consumed by work and now it seems I've missed it. Oh well. Maybe there'll be another chance.
    There is software that allows you to download YouTube video streams.
    I use 4K Video Downloader.

Damn, I missed it. Video link now says its private.

There is software that allows you to download YouTube video streams.
    I use 4K Video Downloader.
    I use this all the time for concert vids and other such. It's a great piece of free software.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    They were trying to show a performance the fans hadn't seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    IQ was my favorite too,of Progstock '18 and '19. I'd agree that '18 was the bettwr of the two, though I did really enjoy Phideaux, Jane Getter, Salem Hill, Nektar and Saga last year (Brand X had a bit of an off night). Saturday late night was really lame last year with the fan played stff though, I hope they don't repeat that. Speaking of which I wonder what the prospects are for Progstock 2020?
    The only activity from the Progstock folks has been the so-called "Uncancelled concerts" that are virtual at home recitals (I would not call them concerts, they are small recitals in a room) by mostly lesser known artists.
    So far the only name I recognized was Michael Sadler.

By this time in 2018 all the headliners had already been announced, this is looking like an off-year sadly. I doubt any tickets have been sold at all.

From 2019, besides the headliners, I enjoyed Rocket Scientists, Joe Deninzon & Stratospheerius and Cyberiam. Of the 3 days, the only artist I missed was Jane Getter.
    That late night amateur night was a complete disaster, I hope they don't repeat it in 2021 and IQ comes back!
    Last edited by Rajaz; 06-01-2020 at 10:42 AM. Reason: composition
    I may be older but, I saw live: Led Zeppelin, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Fish, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Marillion, IQ, UK, Saga, Rush, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Triumph, Magma, Goblin, Porcupine Tree, The Musical Box, Uriah Heep, Dio, David Bowie, Iron Maiden, Queen with Freddie Mercury, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood, Steely Dan, Dream theater, Joe Satriani, you get the idea..

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Damn, I missed it. Video link now says its private.
    Someone downloaded it and it's back on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/4bMRYJ5IIUo