Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom Brislin of Kansas Online Chat

Do you like Free State (Lawrence, KS), Iron Man Stout? Best I've ever had. Cheers!

Thanks for the questions!

Here's the interview-

If you can sub to my YouTube page I'd appreciate it!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeO...DnbPqPV63GQphg

Next week my guest is Herschel Yatovitz, lead guitarist for the Chris Isaak band. The following week my guest will be Nick D'Virgillio. I'll share them here....

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Not a question for Tom but what happened to the other keyboard player?

I'm sure Tom is up to the task, whatever. He was great with Camel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Thanks for the questions!

Here's the interview-

If you can sub to my YouTube page I'd appreciate it!

Next week my guest is Herschel Yatovitz, lead guitarist for the Chris Isaak band. The following week my guest will be Nick D'Virgillio. I'll share them here....
    I didn't know what Sean looked like before today.

Nice interview.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

That was a really fun interview guys. I missed the beginning of it, but from the point I watched it was really good. I have been a fan of all of Tom's projects over the years and have had the chance to meet him on a few occasions. He seems like a very nice genuine guy and is going to add a lot to Kansas.

Thanks Sean! just watched the whole thing. Very well done. Thanks for asking about The Sea Within and Anderson/Stolt.

Thanks, all! I'm enjoying this. I've done interviews here on and off for years, I guess this is the modern angle on all that.

HY SOAL.jpg

Next week my guest for SOAL Night Live #8 is Chris Isaak's lead guitarist, Hershel Yatovitz. We will be discussing his new surf-rock album Narrabeen along with playing Chris and their Showtime series (remember that?) from the 2000s, vintage guitars and amps, snazzy threads and more! We will also discuss the wide variety of artists he's played with over the years like Stevie Nicks, Booker T, Glen Campbell, Joe Pass, Bonnie Raitt, Warren Haynes, Dweezil Zappa and many more. There's some prog in the mix too, so drop by and check it out.

Maybe I should do a thread for the show and just post each episode in it?

The following week my guest is Nick D'Virgillio. We'll discuss Spock's, Tears for Fears, Kevin Gilbert, Big Big Train and more!

Yes, please tell him this fan loves The Sea Within album - and I would like to know if there are any plans for another record by that group.

Also I thought his playing on the Anderson Stolt record was perfect for the material - great stuff. How did he come to be involved in that - and was there much collaboration, interaction of the players - or was he just brought in to lay down keys seperately from other players?

oops, I didn't realize I had posed my questions after the interview had happened! I will check it out.

We discussed both of those so you might find the answers you seek.

Tom's a great guy. I'll never forget when I saw YES on the Symphonic Tour, I got a free meet & greet pass from a friend. One of the worst experience really. Waited forever in a hallway with a bunch of people after the show, and from down the stairs in walks Steve Howe. Some lady ran up to him and hugged him, so he turned around and left. Jon never showed up. Chris & Alan came to greet people, as did Tom. I thought I was cool by staying at the end of the line, but that was really dumb. However, I spent a good deal of time talking with the nicest fellow, his name was Tom Brislin. He was telling me he was recording some pop music, and I was quit disappointed it wasn't prog. (Only to find out years later that pop stuff was freaking awesome!! He was talking about Spiraling.) We had a nice chat though, while Chris was enjoying himself chatting with a 10 year old girl. All of a sudden a guy then poked his head in the room and said, "The car is ready!" Chris stood up with Alan, and WHOOSH out they went leaving the rest of us high and dry.

I watched about 20 minutes. Tom's a great musician from what I gathered.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I listened to the full interview. Very well done - Tom sounds like an excellent guy.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Sorry not sure where to post this. Kansas released another song/video off their latest album titled "Jets Overhead." It's on YT. Can't do the link thing using my phone.

Here's the latest tune from the new Kansas album. I think Tom helped write the lyrics for this one too...

Thoughts?

I like it. Forgot to mention that earlier.

I would never choose jets over head.

Can you all do me a favor? Swing by YT and Subscribe to my show's channel.

Would appreciate it.

Tonight's guest is Nick D'Virgillio. I will upload it to YT as soon as it's done.

Sean you twisted my arm. I have subscribed. I'm known as Badabing on Youtube....

Thanks, Vic!

Anything for the cause.