Thread: Guy Pratt on Toy Matinee's "Last Plane Out"

Guy Pratt on Toy Matinee's "Last Plane Out"

Guy Pratt has been putting out "Lockdown Licks" videos where he talks about and plays through notable songs from his career. I never realized that he was the bassist on most of the Toy Matinee album, and here he talks about working on the record and plays through "Last Plane Out".

I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Awesome find, thanks for bringing this to our attention

He used that octave down effect a lot back then. On various live Floyd tunes, and even on Madonna's Like A Prayer.

That was a true gem of a video, as is Guy! Thanks so much! Toy Matinee is one of the greatest albums ever, IMO. For no really good reason, I missed
    the tour here in the Bay Area, which I continue to regret and am ashamed of. I saw Guy last year in SF with Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets.
    I never knew Queen Of Misery was about Madonna until I just read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    He used that octave down effect a lot back then. On various live Floyd tunes, and even on Madonna's Like A Prayer.
    Yeah, there's a running joke in the comments of his videos where he keeps getting asked about what kind of octave unit he uses.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Thanks for sharing this. I need to check out more things he was/is a part of; seems he's right up there with Lee Sklar in terms of being an all-around session pro. Too bad that he has such a subdued personality. Maybe a couple cups of coffee would help!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Great! I love that bass on Toy Matinee.
    On the verge of indecision
    I'll always take the roundabout way

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    "Why would anyone NOT do it?!?"