Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roger Waters - new recording of Pink Floyd's "Mother"

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    The Floyd site not covering Roger's activities isn't abnormal, though in a perfect world it would cover Roger at least as much as Dave's wife.

The Eagles' site doesn't cover any of Don Felder's activities, nor any other stuff outside of the band from current members.
    The Styx site doesn't cover any of Dennis DeYoung's activies, though it does mention stuff that Tommy Shaw does outside of Styx
    The Journey site doesn't cover any of Steve Perry's activities, nor any other stuff outside of the band from current members.
    The Yes site is all over the place; has mentions of releases by Steve Howe and Esquire (!) as well as interviews with Tony Kaye, but clearly no mention of recent activity from A, R, or W.
    The Tull site doesnt actively promote non-Ian news, but it does have a section devoted to all of the past members with links to their sites -so thats something.
    Of course, those are all active bands.
    "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words."

- Dr. Winston O'Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    But the official band is kaput. There is no Pink Floyd anymore. Doesn't that make Gilmour also a former member?
    David Gilmour won exclusive name rights to "Pink Floyd" in court, which of course would include pinkfloyd.com. Big money in the name alone, aside from individual song royalties which still get split up according to whomever is listed as composer(s) for songs.
    "And your little sister's immaculate virginity wings away on the bony shoulders of a young horse named George who stole surreptitiously into her geography revision."

Occasional musical musings on https://darkelffile.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Elf View Post
    David Gilmour won exclusive name rights to "Pink Floyd" in court, which of course would include pinkfloyd.com. Big money in the name alone, aside from individual song royalties which still get split up according to whomever is listed as composer(s) for songs.
    Weren’t the rights shared with Mason? My recollection, which could well be wrong, was that the partnership was formed between Gilmour and Mason for AMLOR, which Waters challenged in court, and lost, whilst Wright was the band “hired hand”.

There's a long and bitter thread on this over at Hoffman. I skimmed the last few pages. Apparently Roger does still have some say in certain musical decisions regarding the band's legacy/output. I love the guy's work but damn he can be a pain. Also, regarding politics, Roger and David are quite in agreement. Not sure about Mason.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    There's a long and bitter thread on this over at Hoffman. I skimmed the last few pages. Apparently Roger does still have some say in certain musical decisions regarding the band's legacy/output. I love the guy's work but damn he can be a pain. Also, regarding politics, Roger and David are quite in agreement. Not sure about Mason.
    Waters and Gilmour are not in agreement about politics at all, whilst Mason keeps his trap shut.

The best analogy I read about this was when AMLOR was released, and Gilmour was described as a typical British middle class left of centre Guardian reader. That is about the last thing you can describe Waters as.

Furthermore, Gilmour is on record more than once as describing The Wall as a “bit of a rant”.