Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Morsefest 2020 - September 18 and 19 - Live VIP**: $1199.00

I'm a Morse fan, and buy and enjoy most of his stuff. Never been to his fests though. There was a time where I thought swag like this stuff was cool. At some point, I feel like I outgrew all of that and now couldn't care less about a Yeti or a facemask with his name on it. Obviously, I am not his target customer.

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    - Opportunity to purchase an exclusive Morsefest release and other merch
    - Access to private Morsefest web portal, behind the scenes live video, special merch deals and other cool stuff!
    He has got the sales pitch down though. Buy this, and have the opportunity to buy something else. Buy this, and get deals on more stuff to buy.

I know how challenging it is to make a living as a musician these days and kudos to those being creative to make ends meet. Stuff like this is hard to read. Starts to remind me of a late night infomercial. But wait - there's more!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    $225 to watch a webstream!! And the opportunity to buy more merch!!

Holy crap man!!
    You get to pay in virtual dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    But wait - there's more!
    Portnoy masks!

- VIP games (We’re thinking Charades where the band acts out and the audience has to guess)

Wow! That's a game changer for me! Count me in! (sarcasm)

$225 to watch a webstream!! And the opportunity to buy more merch!!

Holy crap man!!
    Un-fucking-real!!

neil

$225 to watch a webstream!! And the opportunity to buy more crap!!

Holy merch man!!
    Fixed it for you. See "Church, Properity Gospel"
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Fixed it for you. See "Church, Properity Gospel"
    Exactly.

I consider Neal the biggest natural talent of all the currently-active proggers.
    He can play guitar and keyboards better than Rikard Sjöblom and almost as well as Mike Keneally, sing considerably better, and write effortlessly. A double-CD album every year - who can top that?

But his music.....
    And his attitude.....
    And other things about him.....

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    During the evening broadcasts, you will get to watch the performance again on the big screen, with exclusive live commentary from the band members about what they were thinking while it was happening
    Spoiler:

Live VIP**: $1199.00
    Opportunity to purchase an exclusive Morsefest release and other merch
    Access to private Morsefest web portal, behind the scenes live video, special merch deals and other cool stuff!

Some clarifications from Neal:

I’ve had a few people ask, and so I’m extending the early purchase discount for a further 48 hours! Grab them now before 8:59 AM CST on Mon, 6/1: https://nealmorse.com/tc-events/morsefest-2020/

I’ve also had a number of questions and I thought it would be helpful to clear them up here:

1. Why are the Morsefest 2020 live streams not live broadcasts?

They’re not actually live because we’ve had some technical errors with live streaming broadcasts in the past. So we thought it would be better to perform the shows in the afternoon to make sure that everything was great for the viewer — and then broadcast them at show time. The tech team have also said this is the best option to give you the best online experience. They will be ALMOST live!

2. Do I have to watch the shows when they premier? That time doesn’t work for me in my time zone.

You will have the option of watching them when they are first broadcast, and then they will be replayed at more opportune times for your time zone.

3. Will there be an Inner Circle show this year?

Yes, there will! And IC members with Virtual tickets will be able to join us — so that’s an extra reason for IC members to sign up! Part of this will be a Jam Session with some of the Live VIP attendees — another great reason to snap up one of the Live VIP tickets!

4. Will I be able to stream the virtual shows to my TV using my device?

In the run up to MF, our tech team will share details of how to stream to common devices for the best experience. We can’t guarantee they’ll fix all your problems but there will be lots of advice on how best to enjoy the shows.

5. Will Neal’s new prog concept album that is being premiered at Morsefest be available before the show?

The album will be released one week before MF and will be available three weeks before MF on the waterfall streaming app.

6. Can’t I just wait and buy the DVD / Blu-ray?

We are not planning to commercially release a DVD or Blu-ray of the Morsefest 2020 shows.

Whew, glad Neal cleared all that up!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Some clarifications from Neal:

I’ve had a few people ask, and so I’m extending the early purchase discount for a further 48 hours! Grab them now before 8:59 AM CST on Mon, 6/1: https://nealmorse.com/tc-events/morsefest-2020/

I’ve also had a number of questions and I thought it would be helpful to clear them up here:

1. Why are the Morsefest 2020 live streams not live broadcasts?

They’re not actually live because we’ve had some technical errors with live streaming broadcasts in the past. So we thought it would be better to perform the shows in the afternoon to make sure that everything was great for the viewer — and then broadcast them at show time. The tech team have also said this is the best option to give you the best online experience. They will be ALMOST live!

2. Do I have to watch the shows when they premier? That time doesn’t work for me in my time zone.

You will have the option of watching them when they are first broadcast, and then they will be replayed at more opportune times for your time zone.

3. Will there be an Inner Circle show this year?

Yes, there will! And IC members with Virtual tickets will be able to join us — so that’s an extra reason for IC members to sign up! Part of this will be a Jam Session with some of the Live VIP attendees — another great reason to snap up one of the Live VIP tickets!

4. Will I be able to stream the virtual shows to my TV using my device?

In the run up to MF, our tech team will share details of how to stream to common devices for the best experience. We can’t guarantee they’ll fix all your problems but there will be lots of advice on how best to enjoy the shows.

5. Will Neal’s new prog concept album that is being premiered at Morsefest be available before the show?

The album will be released one week before MF and will be available three weeks before MF on the waterfall streaming app.

6. Can’t I just wait and buy the DVD / Blu-ray?

We are not planning to commercially release a DVD or Blu-ray of the Morsefest 2020 shows.
    If Neal were Pinocchio his nose would have broken the window across the room on #6, it's a blatant lie to drum up sales. Anyone care to make a small wager? I know, there's nobody dumb enough here to take the bait, there will most assuredly be a 6 disc CD/DVD with pics by Joel Barrios (Neal's Judas minus the betrayal) that will clock in at $64.99 completely negating the reason to watch or attend. Ssssh.

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Ever hear of Prosperity Theology? Maybe not - you're Canadian, and that's a very specifically US set of beliefs, specifically tuned to the values, fears, and aspirations of US culture (though it might have spread elsewhere, it's so wonderfully convenient). I don't know if Neal follows that, but it wouldn't surprise me; it also wouldn't surprise me if lots of his fans do, and see nothing wrong with him charging an arm and a leg for Morsefest.
    I think it is also present in Africa, but I suppose it was brought by US missionaries

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    If Neal were Pinocchio his nose would have broken the window across the room on #6, it's a blatant lie to drum up sales. Anyone care to make a small wager? I know, there's nobody dumb enough here to take the bait, there will most assuredly be a 6 disc CD/DVD with pics by Joel Barrios (Neal's Judas minus the betrayal) that will clock in at $64.99 completely negating the reason to watch or attend. Ssssh.
    It seems like the key words may be “commercially release”.
    Perhaps some can be obtained for a small donation or tithing...

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    Interesting that you mention Joel Barrios. I said to him in a Facebook group that he can't be objective in his comments since he is employed by Neal Morse for his photographs and promotional activity. He actually flat out denied working for Neal.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallB View Post
    Interesting that you mention Joel Barrios. I said to him in a Facebook group that he can't be objective in his comments since he is employed by Neal Morse for his photographs and promotional activity. He actually flat out denied working for Neal.

That's akin to the Press Secretary denying working for the White House.

I debated doing the virtual thing but I suspect I will find it difficult to be able to sit for 2.5 hours uninterrupted at home, to watch it. There are always distractions going on, and being unable to pause and come back to it kind of ruins it for me. Will cross my fingers and hope for a blu-ray eventually

Jesus Christ. This guy couldn't be a bigger ********. Perhaps he works for Neal for FREE (I would not put it past either of them). So since he's not on Neal's payroll, he can make such a claim and not have to go into confession.
    Last edited by Man In The Mountain; 06-01-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Jesus Christ.
    That's who he works for, Neal is just the conduit. So, no, not employed.

Mental Gymnastics are religion's favorite sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Perhaps he works for Neal for FREE (I would not put it past either of them).
    Or maybe for the connections - for getting steered to paying jobs by Neal, and getting paying jobs steered to him. At least, if Neal has that sort of influence.

For that matter, what does Neal do for a full-time living? Does he make all his day-to-day money with his prog career? Seems unlikely. Is he maybe a church musician, playing every Sunday for his local congregation? That wouldn't surprise me. Or is he some kind of support guy in the Christian Music industry - producer, songwriter, sessionman - and most of us don't hear about that, because it isn't relevant to our interests? Maybe he writes songs for Nashville - someone with his kind of extreme speed and professionalism would be very welcome there.

Or maybe for the connections - for getting steered to paying jobs by Neal, and getting paying jobs steered to him. At least, if Neal has that sort of influence.

For that matter, what does Neal do for a full-time living? Does he make all his day-to-day money with his prog career? Seems unlikely. Is he maybe a church musician, playing every Sunday for his local congregation? That wouldn't surprise me. Or is he some kind of support guy in the Christian Music industry - producer, songwriter, sessionman - and most of us don't hear about that, because it isn't relevant to our interests? Maybe he writes songs for Nashville - someone with his kind of extreme speed and professionalism would be very welcome there.
    It has been a while since I read Neal's autobiography, but I got the impression that he made his living from his music, at least at that point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    It has been a while since I read Neal's autobiography, but I got the impression that he made his living from his music, at least at that point in his career.
    It seems like his audience wouldn't be big enough. Although he might have a whole huge Christian audience, who listen to no other prog artists and are thus invisible to us. I suppose he might also milk the multi-level "elite fan" thing for all it's worth - a thousand obsessive fans at $100.00 of profits per fan a year would add up to a pretty decent living. Perhaps what we're seeing with this crazy Morsefest pricing is just the tip of a normally invisible iceberg, a Scientology-like Pyramid Club of fan access, dedication, and generosity. Didn't Eddie Jobson try to do that, and got razzed for it?

Neal needs to team up with Gene Simmons. Imagine the $$$ they could charge!

It seems like his audience wouldn't be big enough. Although he might have a whole huge Christian audience, who listen to no other prog artists and are thus invisible to us. I suppose he might also milk the multi-level "elite fan" thing for all it's worth - a thousand obsessive fans at $100.00 of profits per fan a year would add up to a pretty decent living. Perhaps what we're seeing with this crazy Morsefest pricing is just the tip of a normally invisible iceberg, a Scientology-like Pyramid Club of fan access, dedication, and generosity. Didn't Eddie Jobson try to do that, and got razzed for it?
    A sort of "Zealots Lounge" if you will.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

As mentioned, it has been quite a while since I read the book, but I got the impression that Neal was quite the savvy businessman. He controls everything he releases, and he has released a lot of stuff. His live performances also don’t come cheap.