Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Morsefest 2020 - September 18 and 19 - Live VIP**: $1199.00

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Move the decimal left two digits and I'd think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    We are not planning to commercially release a DVD or Blu-ray of the Morsefest 2020 shows.
    What?!?!?!?!?! There's no way there's not going to be a DVD/Blu-ray!!!!! Hasn't every Morsefest has some kind of CD, DVD, Blu-ray release since the beginning? I know I own every Morsefest release and there's a lot of them. Not to mention the various stuff he's release for Inner Circle. I suppose it's possible because he's figured out he can make more money from charging a ridiculous amount for this "virtual concert" and not bothering with the cheaper physical release (even though most of his fans would likely prefer them, including myself). This whole thing is just getting more and more distasteful to me.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    After the event there will be a "due to fan demand we have decided" email announcing they've decided to release a dvd.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    After the event there will be a "due to fan demand we have decided" email announcing they've decided to release a dvd.
    Or could it be that if you're filming a live stream, that it wouldn't be conducive to having a full video crew there to film a DVD? He hasn't really said what the live stream will consist of visual wise. Will it just be one camera and a line feed? I can't imagine he would hire a full camera crew for a live stream, and then not release it on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    For that matter, what does Neal do for a full-time living? Does he make all his day-to-day money with his prog career? Seems unlikely. Is he maybe a church musician, playing every Sunday for his local congregation? That wouldn't surprise me. Or is he some kind of support guy in the Christian Music industry - producer, songwriter, sessionman - and most of us don't hear about that, because it isn't relevant to our interests? Maybe he writes songs for Nashville - someone with his kind of extreme speed and professionalism would be very welcome there.
    He makes money off his 3 bands and solo work. (NM NMB, TA, FC), and all the various merch, fan clubs and streaming service. He also owns and rents out his recording studio, Radiant Studios. I believe he produces local bands as well. He owns his own church "City On A Hill", in Nashville. Does a "Prog Rock Camp" once a year where fans pay to spend a few days with Neal in the studio. And he recently even owned a mobile Ice Cream Truck "Mojos". He may run a few more things, but I don't work for Neal anymore so I'm out of the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Or could it be that if you're filming a live stream, that it wouldn't be conducive to having a full video crew there to film a DVD? He hasn't really said what the live stream will consist of visual wise. Will it just be one camera and a line feed? I can't imagine he would hire a full camera crew for a live stream, and then not release it on DVD.
    I doubt a live stream will be made with just one camera. Live broadcasts are also not made with one camera, so why would one do this with a live stream? I think it wouldn't be much fun to watch.

Business-wise it's a good idea to say there will not be a commercial DVD be released, if only to drum up more interest for the live-stream. If he announces a DVD before starting the live-stream, a lot of people might consider to wait for that instead of watching the live-stream, which might bring more revenues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Business-wise it's a good idea to say there will not be a commercial DVD be released, if only to drum up more interest for the live-stream. If he announces a DVD before starting the live-stream, a lot of people might consider to wait for that instead of watching the live-stream, which might bring more revenues.
    a business strategy that only will work once...
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    - Entry to Inner Circle Jerk concert … where some musicians will get the chance to jerk with the band
    i believe i'll pass

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Except on the gullible.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Except on the gullible.
    You're more cynical than *I* am! Maybe you should be in the music business!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

You're more cynical than *I* am! Maybe you should be in the music business!!
    I'm more cynical than Diogenes.
    Ian

Perhaps next time it isn't needed. If more public is allowed and people are still willing to pay $ 1,199.00 for a seat, it makes up for a nice profit.

I don't begrudge anyone trying to make a buck but reserve the right not to find the product important enough to purchase at that price.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus74 View Post
    Neal needs to team up with Gene Simmons. Imagine the $$$ they could charge!
    Please don't taint the legacy of Gene Simmons by lumping him in with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Please don't taint the legacy of Gene Simmons by lumping him in with all of this.
    hey I was a Kiss fan too but let's face it, Gene looks at the dollar sign the same way Neal looks at his imaginary best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus74 View Post
    hey I was a Kiss fan too but let's face it, Gene looks at the dollar sign the same way Neal looks at his imaginary best friend.
    Huge difference between the two:
    Gene openly tells you he wants every dollar of yours he can get.
    The other masks that same message.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post