Thread: One Man YES – Antoine Baril has nailed it again!

One Man YES – Antoine Baril has nailed it again!

this is beyond amazing. really, it takes anyone other than YES themselves to reignite my appreciation of YES’ body of work.

among all of those things that are unevenly and unfairly distributed across the globe sheer musical talent often also sticks out.

Impressive indeed.

No Jon, no One Man Yes.

(Well, that's quite good nonetheless.)

"An Instrumental Tribute to Yes"

-or-

"All the parts that aren't included in those Yes songbooks you own."

I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    "An Instrumental Tribute to Yes"

-or-

"All the parts that aren't included in those Yes songbooks you own."

look mom, no “roundabout”, no “owner”!

Wow! I am impressed. Nice array of equipment.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

The Mellotron tapes in the beginning was very cool.

I love to watch and listen to Antoine play, if I'm not mistaken ( and I could be) he was drumming with the Musical Box on the last tour. I would have loved to have seen that. I also agree for me at least other than older concerts and videos of Yes, I mostly enjoy others playing their interpretations of Yes music. I will try to come back later with some examples of some of them. My sideline produce business calls now so I must visit the Honey Do jar and at least get something going.

I saw this the other day and was mightily impressed. I had not seen any of his previous work, but have since looked at his Genesis medley, which is very cool too. The instrumentation is sublime, he credits some kind people for lending him certain niche pieces of kit, this must have taken an age to plan, rehearse, play, edit etc, he put a huge smile on my face.

i would mention Band Geek, Close to the Edge and more, Spiraling, with Tom Brislin, especially the Sound Chaser cover, for two to start

[QUOTE=Interstellar;975815]No Jon, no One Man Yes.

Ha! - Great shout!

Man, that video was just incredible!
    Making Wikipedia marginally more interesting at:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCul...PXchSo_vDxtcLg

Yeah, this guy is amazing, has done all the homework, and obviously loves the music he covers. In my dreams I could cover the bass and keyboard parts in videos like this, but not even in my best dreams could I tackle the guitar and drums as well. Many kudos!
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

From 15:10 to 15:21 that sounds like a RW tune, could someone confirm?

He's good alright and it's worth listening to his YES covers. But has anyone yet heard the new L.A. band AmuZeum (A museum)? Check them out on Bandcamp. They are a clone of YES, but write their own music. And they sound great, good writing and musicianship. This new album is a winner, and I rather hear these guys than YES who have been a sad shadow of their former selves for years now. Check this album out:

https://amuzeum.bandcamp.com/album/new-beginnings
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Quote Originally Posted by rickm View Post
    From 15:10 to 15:21 that sounds like a RW tune, could someone confirm?
    no idea, but if you watch the “YesYears” documentary from the “union” era, the entire segment is basically lifted from there and depicts the band playing this during soundcheck (just before jon starts ruminating about “picasso”). always wondered what sort of YES-song this might have turned into.

Quote Originally Posted by fiberman View Post
    I love to watch and listen to Antoine play, if I'm not mistaken ( and I could be) he was drumming with the Musical Box on the last tour. I would have loved to have seen that. I also agree for me at least other than older concerts and videos of Yes, I mostly enjoy others playing their interpretations of Yes music. I will try to come back later with some examples of some of them. My sideline produce business calls now so I must visit the Honey Do jar and at least get something going.
    Yes he was a last minute replacement for bob st-laurent.