Thread: Godsticks - The Envisage Conundrum

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar

Godsticks - The Envisage Conundrum

Has anyone picked up this masterpiece? Can't stop playing this album. My God, these guys can play. Will def. pick up their previous albums.

Here's a clip:

I totally want someone to release an album entitled The Corundum Conundrum.

I haven’t heard their previous album in its entirety, but what I did hear was promising and the glowing reviews intrigue me more. I’ll be keeping an eye/ear out for this one.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:“Heart of the Sunrise”-Yes/Fragile

Old man of prog
    Wow. This sounds really good!

Where might an American buy this record??

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    Wow. This sounds really good!

Where might an American buy this record??
    Import CDs (I just ordered it along with English Electric Pt.2/BB Train & the new Thieves' Kitchen).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Import CDs (I just ordered it along with English Electric Pt.2/BB Train & the new Thieves' Kitchen).
    Thanks for the tip geezer.

Ordered!

Ah, three more Godsticks-fans. It will be on Progstreaming this weekend. That makes this thread under suspicion of self-promotion, but people here know I hardly make a thread about a new album I also stream. That's not deliberate. It's just the fact that, lately, 80% of new released progrock bores me

Yet these guys bring something new to the table!

This is a terrific record. Very good songwriting, and beautifully executed. Have played it at least twenty times since it came out.

It's at Progstreaming right now, and it will surely become on of my 2013 top 10 albums: http://www.progstreaming.com/_wb/pag...sage Conundrum.

I hope everyone in the UK and Europe who is aware of the superbness of Godsticks will come see them opening for my band on the tour we're doing later this month and early next! They're surely one of the best bands in operation right now and it will be a privelege to share a stage with them.

I haven't heard this yet, but absolutely love Spiral Vendetta and the previous EP was worth picking up too. I will definitely try and get along to the gig when they hit London if I can.

So good to hear some positive words about the new one, and I will make sure I get a copy this week. So many great new albums to assimilate, and the three on Geezers list above are all on mine too!

Am I right in thinking that the lead guitarist of this band lent Bruce Soord of The Pineapple Thief his guitars so that they could be used on the All the Wars album ?

I dig Spiral Vendetta & their EP, so the new one is on my 'to buy' list.

I had a spare $4.85 left over on my E-Music account and when I saw I could get the debut? Godsticks album for less,but not much less,I jumped on it. What great timing to have this one so close in my experience of their sound. I really like what I'm hearing on the one I bought,so I would imagine I'll go for this new one no-brainer mode.

yep this one really good stuff. had the download and i think i'm gonna look into their other releases.

IIRC, the drummer & bassist are also now in Magenta. Is that right?

If that IS right, then, "great choices, Rob!"
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

The drummer and bassist are indeed also in Magenta.... but the drummer, Steve, is also in an Emerson, Lake and Palmer tribute with myself. We're called Noddy's Puncture... and we have an album out with Keith Emerson actually guesting with us...!

Cheers,
    Tom (www.noddyspuncture.co.uk)

Thanks, Tom! Will check your band out for sure.