Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prog From Home concert

Prog From Home concert

The event titled ‘Prog From Home’ will premiere on The Prog Report YouTube channel on Saturday, May 9th at 11am PST / 2pm EST / 7pm UK / 8pm CET.

Prog Report YouTube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/c/progreportpage

The virtual concert will feature curated at-home performances by:
    Mike Portnoy (Sons of Apollo/Neal Morse Band), Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater), Steve Hackett, Neal Morse, Michael Sadler (Saga), Ray Wilson (ex-Genesis), Nick Barrett (Pendragon), Oliver Wakeman, Nick D’Virgilio (Big Big Train), Bruce Soord (The Pineapple Thief), Casey McPherson (Flying Colors), Haken, Enchant, Magenta, The Reign of Kindo, John Wesley (ex-Porcupine Tree), Paul Bielatowicz (Carl Palmer’s ELP Legacy), John Mitchell (Lonely Robot), Eric Gillette (Neal Morse Band), Novena, Moron Police, Dave Kerzner & Fernando Perdomo, Randy McStine & Adam Holzman, The Fierce and the Dead, Randy and Pamela George, Dani Rabin (Marbin). Also included are some guest performers and presenters.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Pretty awesome lineup they have planned! I'm hoping for good weatherso we can all grill and chill and prog and drink and smoke at home together!!

I just wonder how they are going to make this work. Will they play songs together while still at home? individual sets? anyone know more?
    If it's just a lot of solo acoustic things, I think I'll pass.
    But great to see something like this happening regardless.

Did anyone see the online FB post from The Watch last week? They did their version of The Lamia which was one of the best versions I've ever heard, literally got goosebumps when I listened.

Edit: I found it here:
    My apology if this drifts away from the original post. To me it shows how something like this prog show can work.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:16 AM.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

Are these all newly recorded performances that will be featured or some archival stuff that people just haven't seen?
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

I actually assumed it was all live, solo or duo spots, but I don't know why I assumed that. If that's what it is, I think it should be really good.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The Watch video was spellbinding. That's for posting Top Cat.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

Yeah, thanks for posting that. Very nice (but that is one UGLY t-shirt!).

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I actually assumed it was all live, solo or duo spots, but I don't know why I assumed that. If that's what it is, I think it should be really good.
    I was also assuming it was live. I hope to catch some of it.

All of the "at home" concert shows I've seen recently have been pre-recorded but new performances. It's almost impossible to coordinate real time live performances of so many artists with varying technical capabilities, internet connections, etc. spread across the globe. So, I'd assume recently recorded performances for this event edited together in advance, possibly with a host.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    All of the "at home" concert shows I've seen recently have been pre-recorded but new performances. It's almost impossible to coordinate real time live performances of so many artists with varying technical capabilities, internet connections, etc. spread across the globe. So, I'd assume recently recorded performances for this event edited together in advance, possibly with a host.
    Ah, so akin to what those benefit shows on the networks featured. In any regard, it's definitely worth my attention.
    No matter what anyone says, you are the decider of how you will listen to music.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    The Watch video was spellbinding. That's for posting Top Cat.
    Yeah, thanks for posting that. Very nice (but that is one UGLY t-shirt!).
    You're welcome, one of my favorite Genesis songs from the album, and so well done here.

Regarding the performances for this virtual concert, here is part of the post on their website.

The virtual concert will feature curated at-home performances which still leaves me confused.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by PixelDelirium View Post
    As one of the featured performers, I believe this is closest to describing what the show will be.

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Did anyone see the online FB post from The Watch last week? They did their version of The Lamia which was one of the best versions I've ever heard, literally got goosebumps when I listened.

Excellent! Thanks for the post T.C.

I am imagining it or was Patrick Moraz once doing performances in people's living rooms?

Maybe when you needed guests to leave you could get him to explain the concept behind his 1975 solo album
    When not wasting time here, wasting time at:
    historyofliverpool.com

Quote Originally Posted by RMcStine View Post
    As one of the featured performers, I believe this is closest to describing what the show will be.
    Thanks Randy. Hope I still get to see you again with Brand X in September.

Yeah, Randy, thanks and very much looking forward to this. Probably most or all of the artists will be watching then as well. Maybe the host will be live? It's a great lineup, should be a lot of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Wah3 View Post
    Thanks Randy. Hope I still get to see you again with Brand X in September.
    Yeah, we'll see what happens there...

Yeah, Randy, thanks and very much looking forward to this. Probably most or all of the artists will be watching then as well. Maybe the host will be live? It's a great lineup, should be a lot of fun!
    It would be a really nice opportunity for the artist peer group to bond, and I think a lot of us will watch it live for sure. The broadcast is shaping up to be close to 3 hours (!), but I suppose that was to be expected.

I am just putting the show on my TV now, going to turn up the sound and check it out. Should be terrific

That was absolutely fantastic! I enjoyed every performance. Biggest surprise was the closer - Mike Portnoy with his daughter and musicians from Jellyfish performing "I Wanna Stay Home."

Yes that was good.

Old man of prog
    Overall it was very good. Best for me was Randy McStine and Adam Holzman doing “Here Comes the Flood”. I knew Randy was a killer guitarist but I didn’t know he can sing. Holy shit!

Thank you to the team at Prog Report for putting this show together and especially to all the artists that participated. I watched the whole thing and it was quite enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    Overall it was very good. Best for me was Randy McStine and Adam Holzman doing “Here Comes the Flood”. I knew Randy was a killer guitarist but I didn’t know he can sing. Holy shit!
    Randy is an incredible musician. Check out his solo stuff, especially his latest live album: https://rmcstine.bandcamp.com/album/...e-in-vancouver
    It's amazing what he can do with a looper and his talent. Check the title track for this one especially.

This was very well produced, thanks to Prog Report for offering this up. My buddies and I go on at least 2 or 3 concert trips each year and this help fill the void. All the performances were enjoyable and well done.