Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Queensryche Due June 11th

Banned

New Queensryche Due June 11th

According to Billboard.com, the version of Queensryche without Geoff Tate has signed to Century Media, and will release a new album on June 11th. I know I'm psyched about this. Who else is excited about this news? I hope this Queensryche blows their former singer out of the water.

The current Geoff Tate solo album is far superior to anything the band has done in at least a decade.

AFAIC, any band that Tate assembles has no claim to the name, "Queensryche."

I'm very curious to hear what they come up with without him at the controls.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Paige View Post
    The current Geoff Tate solo album is far superior to anything the band has done in at least a decade.
    Talk about damning with faint praise.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paige View Post
    The band has said that Geoff dictated the direction of the last few albums. Did you forget that American Solider was inspired by Geoff's dad?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    AFAIC, any band that Tate assembles has no claim to the name, Queensryche
    What if it's called Geoff Tate's Queensryche?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I'd like to see the formation of Martin Barre's Jethro Tull. IA would go berserk.

Tate's version is being labeled that and they go on tour in support of an Operation Mindcrime anniversary tour soon. Band members have already bailed on it and the most current lineup is not very impressive. There will also be numerous guests on Tate's QR album. Very sad.................. I wish they broke up when Degarmo quit.

simple solution: one version gets to keep the umlaut on the “y”, one doesn’t. perfect.

Queensryche featuring Geoff Tate?

Banned
    i don't know where but I know Queensryche (without Geoff) is touring somewhere around PHilly/NJ

How about Queensryche featuring Geoff Taint ?

i'm so confused!

I'd like to see the formation of Martin Barre's Jethro Tull. IA would go berserk.
    That would be hilarious!

Or how about "Jethro Tull featuring Eddie Jobson?"

It seems both bands are calling themselves just Queensryche, but I'm very confused because I remember that at some point supposedly a judge granted the use of the name to the other 4 guys then I read something that is still pending, so yeah is pretty confusing to me...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fantastic Progo Rican View Post
    It seems both bands are calling themselves just Queensryche, but I'm very confused because I remember that at some point supposedly a judge granted the use of the name to the other 4 guys then I read something that is still pending, so yeah is pretty confusing to me...
    Both sides will go to court in November for another round. I say let the fans decide. The side that makes the better Queensryche album wins. On the other hand, I saw an interview on YouTube with Don Dokken and he said that solution is simple:whichever version that has the most official QR members should keep the name. Although, he said that wouldn't be the case for bands like Bon Jovi and Dokken since they are named after their respective lead singers. He also said that Geoff should take the high road, and preform under his own name, since his name would be recognized.
    Last edited by JIF; 06-29-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Geoff take the high road? That would be novel.

Had Dokken seen the album cover?

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Don Dokken and he said that solution is simple:which ever version that has the most official QR members should keep the name.
    this is kinda what i was thinking. with Tate being the only original member left in his version of the band, it's like Geoff - forget the QR name and just get on with your solo career.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

Especially since 3/4 of the original band fired Tate!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomview View Post
    Especially since 3/4 of the original band fired Tate!
    I wonder what Chris DeGarmo thinks of all this? Btw, has anyone been over to Blabbermouth lately?

I posted a recent article from Blabbermouth yesterday on the other QR thread.

Regarding Degarmo: The rumor has been that Degarmo left (twice) because he didn't agree with/get along with their manager, whom just happens to be Tate's wife. I think staying out of this mess is in his best interest.

Here's the latest from today: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=187086

Pretty interesting Scott Rockenfield and Eddie Trunk interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klzVns6X1uc
    Degarmo is asked about at around the 36 minute mark.

Banned
    Queensryche's official Facebook page has the full version of Redemption.

Some form of Queensryche is playing Sunday,April 7 on AXS Tv. Something called,Rocklahoma and It will be interesting to see who shows up for this.
    Last edited by Rand Kelly; 03-29-2013 at 01:00 PM.