Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Queensryche Due June 11th

I think if you just let the stuff that bugs you roll off your back (like water on a duck's) you would soon find people get along with you better and will even stop giving you a hard time. Your confrontational nature is what makes you unappealing here. Trying to fight for some kind of respect is the wrong angle to take, along with chastizing your fellow forum members for not replying to posts in a manner that you approve of. I think the way you react to things inspires people to "treat you like dirt". Change your ways and I suspect they will change theirs as well. Nobody gives you a hard time to be mean. They are all stuck on that same island with you and just want you to act in a manner that allows us all to get along comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I was on Facebook just now, and I saw on the official Queensryche page that the real Queensryche will be on the upcoming season of That Metal Show. I hope that they will tell this side of the story, but with more class than Mr. Tate.
    That should be an interesting interview. Do you know when the new season starts?

Steve Sly

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    That should be an interesting interview. Do you know when the new season starts?

Steve Sly
    I do not. Tried to find some info on the That Metal Show Facebook page, but didn't have any luck.

Billy Sherwood just announced on facebook that he is withdrawing from the mixing of the new Queensryche due to scheduling difficulties. He's doing about 5 home recording projects as well as playing Baja Prog 2013 with UK.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    Billy Sherwood just announced on facebook that he is withdrawing from the mixing of the new Queensryche due to scheduling difficulties. He's doing about 5 home recording projects as well as playing Baja Prog 2013 with UK.
    If that is true, then why sign on to do the remix in the first place? That would be like Steve Wilson suddenly dropping out of remixing A Passion Play.

If that is true, then why sign on to do the remix in the first place? That would be like Steve Wilson suddenly dropping out of remixing A Passion Play.
    I have no idea. Perhaps it seemed like a good idea at the time,then other stuff took precedence maybe? It's called "too much on the plate" as I see it. I have to admit,whoever thought of TateRyche has me in stitches everytime I see it.

Maybe it was so bad that he could't do anything with it

I could care less about either band really. Have not even listened to them since 1994's Promised Land,which is my favorite and Rage For Order a close second. Hated Empire.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand Kelly View Post
    I could care less about either band really. Have not even listened to them since 1994's Promised Land,which is my favorite and Rage For Order a close second. Hated Empire.
    If you don't care about either band, then why comment? I think that Tate was the downfall of Queensryche. All the things I've read about him and seen from him a little before and after the split does not paint him in the best light. Why not wait til June 11th(or sometime after) to throw in the towel? Listen to what the boys have to offer without Tate. I'm hoping that the band will prove my right, and deliver a classic Ryche record(since they said that Tate is the reason why their last few albums have sucked).

If you don't care about either band, then why comment? I think that Tate was the downfall of Queensryche. All the things I've read about him and seen from him a little before and after the split does not paint him in the best light. Why not wait til June 11th(or sometime after) to throw in the towel? Listen to what the boys have to offer without Tate. I'm hoping that the band will prove my right, and deliver a classic Ryche record(since they said that Tate is the reason why their last few albums have sucked).
    Did you read Sean's post about your attitude? I have every right that you do to say whatever I feel about any artist on this forum. I would never question anyone's right to post inc. your's. Dude,you really need to step back and start thinking about how you come across. Do you treat people like this in real life? I'm out!

Banned
    I read on Queensryche's Facebook page that the release date has been pushed back to June 25th. It is a self-titled effect. The track listing is as follows: 1.)X2
    2.)Where Dreams Go To Die
    3.)Spore
    4.)In This Light
    5.)Redemption
    6.)Vindication
    7.)Midnight Lullaby
    8.)A World Without
    9.)Don't Look Back
    10.)Fallout
    11.)Open Road

The cover was designed by Craig Howell, who has worked on designs for Star Wars Slipknot, and American Idol(to name a few).

You need to answer Rand's post.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    You need to answer Rand's post.
    He never answered mine. I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I was just simply asking a question? If you don't care about either side, then why post at all? He didn't post in the other QR thread(the one dedicated to FU). So, that's why I asked my question. Sorry, if I offended you, Rand. Didn't mean anything by it. I hope you can accept my apology. If it helps you feel any better, I sold my copy of Hear In The Now Frontier that I never listened to. Also, I won't be getting Q2K, Tribe, or O:MC 2, because of what I heard about them.

Banned
    According to a recent Eddie Jackson, interview the new album will have a bit of Promised Land influence. I do like that CD, but I know many other don't. I love I Am I and Bridge(the lyrics of the latter song make my cry). Also(according to Wikipedia), Redemption was co-written by Todd and Michael, while Dreams Go To Die was written by Parker.

Banned
    According to Wikipedia, X2 and Midnight Lullaby are short instrumentals.

Banned
    The That Metal Show episode with Scott and Todd will air June 29th.

I've seen QR about a dozen times, the last being around the turn of the century. Even was there for the secret desert gig in '97. Still have my QR Las Vegas fan club tee and my jersey from The Warning from those days. Used to love them but they have sucked ever since HITNF, IMO. Still dig the older stuff but cannot listen to anything post Promised Land. OM:2 is one of the worst albums I have ever heard and I don't see myself ever listening to them again. It would have to be one helluva album to get me interested in QR again.

I read on Queensryche's Facebook page that the release date has been pushed back to June 25th.
    At least they are taking their time to get their release right. Tate rushed his product to market and is paying the price for that now with horrible reviews on the songwriting as well as the production.

Rick..

No, no. Don't you see? The horrible reviews are all part of the marketing plan!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    No, no. Don't you see? The horrible reviews are all part of the marketing plan!
    You mean to tell me that FU isn't that bad?

No, I mean to tell you that Tate's band/album is a clusterf@#k from the start.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Man, am I glad I was never into Queensryche (Lucidity is my only anomaly), so didn't open this thread until progeezer's ghost told me earlier today at my granddaughter's (ghost's niece) 1st bd party about a few posts in this thread that mentioned me.

Jordan - Please listen to what Sean is saying. Water does indeed roll off a duck's back. Think whatever you want, but when you post, instead of posting, "How can you think that?" type posts, you can get the same point across with, "Well, I think......., but opinions are just that. Anything specific that brought you to that opinion?".

That's just one example of how you can say the same thing 2 different ways. What I think you perceive as just being direct is taken by many here to be consistently dickish.

Even just posting, "I think you're wrong" and stopping there is not nearly as confrontational as most of your replies to people that don't share your views.

You are very knowledgeable about a lot of music, and I'm sure there are many here who have learned new stuff thanks to you. It would be a shame if you can't pull in your antennae a bit and just let shit go and you were no longer here.
    Last edited by progeezer; 05-19-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    No, I mean to tell you that Tate's band/album is a clusterf@#k from the start.
    Well, that's good to know. Glad I won't be wasting $$$ on that turd. Even worse that Tate is trying to polish it. Just give it up, Geoff, that let the other guys keep the name.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Man, am I glad I was never into Queensryche (Lucidity is my only anomaly), so didn't open this thread until progeezer's ghost told me earlier today at my granddaughter's (ghost's neice) 1st bd party about a few posts in this thread that mentioned me.

Jordan - Please listen to what Sean is saying. Water does indeed roll off a duck's back. Think whatever you want, but when you post, instead of posting, "How can you think that?" type posts, you can get the same point across with, "Well, I think......., but opinions are just that. Anything specific that brought you to that opinion?".

That's just one example of how you can say the same thing 2 different ways. What I think you perceive as just being direct is taken by many here to be consistently dickish.

Even just posting, "I think you're wrong" and stopping there is not nearly as confrontational as most of your replies to people that don't share your views.

You are very knowledgeable about a lot of music, and I'm sure there are many here who have learned new stuff thanks to you. It would be a shame if you can't pull in your antennae a bit and just let shit go and you were no longer here.
    I did apologize. Thanks for your advice, Steve. Can we move on? Btw, I read on QR's Facebook page that Where Dreams Go To Die on KISW at 11 PM Seattle time. On an unrelated note, I think that I will get rid of my copy of Dedicated To Chaos as a big FU to the Tates.

I heard the song posted here from Tate, and thought it was OK. I haven't heard the rest of the album and wont unless someone gives it to me for Ash Wednesday or something...

That being said Geoff Tate is a great vocalist. Gawd I wish I had his pipes.

It seems like for both versions of QR - its all about a paycheck. Must suck to be a has-been.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    I heard the song posted here from Tate, and thought it was OK. I haven't heard the rest of the album and wont unless someone gives it to me for Ash Wednesday or something...

That being said Geoff Tate is a great vocalist. Gawd I wish I had his pipes.

It seems like for both versions of QR - its all about a paycheck. Must suck to be a has-been.
    I disagree. Tate has lost his voice, and even he will tell you this. He decided to smoke in the early '90s and didn't stop until it was too late. Actually, he might sound fine on Kings And Thieves and FU. Also, I hate when someone says a particular artist does some just because of the money. However(since you brought it up), I think Geoff is doing that. Why else would he insist on keeping the name when he would be the only Queensryche member in his QR lineup. I think that the other members genuinely care about the fans. It shows because they booted Geoff for his treatment of the fans and fellow band mates, and they want to bring Queensryche back to it's signature sound for the new album. I think that's it's disrespectful to call someone a has-been just because you don't agree with what they do.