Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McStine & Minnemann - Debut Album

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    That's the first. Unfortunately, TPT didn't come anywhere near my town and I wasn't in a position to travel. I've seen you on CTTE a few times (Fringe and Kerzner), but not solo stuff. We said Hi in the hall on CTTE and I asked about buying a Blank album, so that's my claim to fame. "Before" is my favorite studio release but "Adopted Son" is amazing on the live album.

By the way, I get a strong Cardiacs vibe on Program; mainly the chord progressions of the fast bits. Have you ever considered them as an influence or it just a coincidental overlap of progressive pop sounds?
    Re: Cardiacs - It is the latter. They are a band I have always wanted to explore, but I've yet to do it. When I do, I'm quite sure I will fall in love with them.

Some of you may or may not know that we have a second album on the way!

Twelve Things You Should Know About McStine & Minnemann “II”

1. There are 16 tracks on it.

2. It’s about ten minutes longer than our first album.

3. “II” was recorded in 4 different locations - Minnemann’s house, McStine’s apartment, McStine’s friend’s house, McStine’s in-laws’ house

4. The two of us have written, produced, and performed everything on the record, with the exception of a song called “Big Wave,” which was co-produced by Tim Palmer (Robert Plant, Tears For Fears). Tim added additional sprinkles of guitar, keyboards, and percussion to the song, making him the only additional musician on the album.

5. Forrester Savell is handling mixing and mastering duties for us again, with Tim Palmer mixing two songs; “Big Wave” and the album intro, “Love Before Algorithms.”

6. We started writing and recording “II” while our first album was being mixed, so none of the songs are leftovers from those sessions.

7. There are close to two dozen different guitars used on the record, along with several basses, two different drum kits, many “classic” keyboard elements, glockenspiel, various percussion (including plastic bag and sugar packet), and so forth.

8. Stylistically, “II” locks in all of the elements explored in our debut, but significantly expands on them. Hard Rock, Art Pop, Thrash Metal, Progressive Rock, Folk Rock, Ambient, Noise, Punk, Funk, Spaghetti Western-style Film Music, Blues Rock, Jazz/Rock…

9. Pre-orders for “II” open on Friday, October 2nd, exclusively at www.mcstineminnemann.bandcamp.com. For 24 hours, Bandcamp will waive their revenue share on all sales to give 100% of the proceeds directly to artists. As independent artists, every pre-order directly affects our ability to continue creating and presenting our music properly.

10. McStine & Minnemann II pre-orders will be available for digital download and CD. CD copies will be signed by both of us. All supporters of the CD will also receive weekly updates from us, where we’ll be discussing the origins of each song on the record.

11. “II” will be released for download and streaming (only on Bandcamp) on Friday, December 4th. CD copies will ship at that time.

12. One of the reasons we’ve been able to offer “II” in such a timely manner is due to your overwhelmingly positive support towards our first one. It’s incredibly gratifying to see that our music is connecting with so many people during these challenging times, and we thank you for encouraging us to continue.

Great news, Randy. I look forward to hearing this!
    <sig out of order>

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    Great news, Randy. I look forward to hearing this!
    Cheers!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Preordered II yesterday. Looking forward to it, and to seeing a LIVE show in Westchester, NY some time in the nearish future!

Preordered mine on Friday as well.
    <sig out of order>

I'm waiting for III. Haha. Cool man! Love those teasers. There's no time to process anything! You have to watch them at least twice!

Just received my vinyl copy of the debut, looking forward to II.

Quote Originally Posted by Squids View Post
    I'm waiting for III. Haha. Cool man! Love those teasers. There's no time to process anything! You have to watch them at least twice!

Thank you to all who have pre-ordered!

A new preview of "II."

That's rad!

Sounds awesome! Love the Strandberg guitars and now I want one.
    <sig out of order>

I do too.

Thank you!

Strandberg sent me three instruments to check out in early August, and they are featured prominently on the new record. To be honest, I was a touch skeptical about them prior (based on my own silly biases), but they are powerful, creative, and extremely fun instruments.

Here's a new clip from the album featuring them.

Ahead of tomorrow's edition of "Bandcamp Friday," we've just released two new songs from "II" at http://www.mcstineminnemann.bandcamp.com.

Both songs appear in this short clip:

I bought the pre-order CD & I’m enjoying the pre-release tracks! Sounds great! Intense, but exciting, you guys appear to be having a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boceephus View Post
    I bought the pre-order CD & I’m enjoying the pre-release tracks! Sounds great! Intense, but exciting, you guys appear to be having a blast!
    Thank you! Yes, we're really hitting our stride on this new record.

First spin this morning. Love what I'm hearing!
    <sig out of order>

Randy dropped by my show to chat about the new album and more!

For Episode #52 Randy McStine drops by to discuss the brand new album from the duo he's part of with drummer/guitarist Marco Minnemann- McStine & Minnemann II. Their sophomore release. He gives in depth info on the writing, arranging and recording including a look at his guitars and bass used for the majority of the tracks. We have a listen to a couple key tracks from the album as well, and you can too. Randy shares details on each. Then, we go back and look at his career as a musician. His early years as a bluesy teen prodigy doing guitar focused albums, and then into his solo work and albums under the moniker of Lo-Fi Resistance, which featured Spock's Beard drummer Nick D'Virgilio as well. Randy's work with prog groups like Sound of Contact and In Continuum also are included. A fond look at Yes memories follows, before we wrap things up. You can get the new McStine & Minnemann II album here- https://mcstineminnemann.bandcamp.com...