3)Witchwood- "Before the Winter"
    4) Kansas- "The Absence of Presence"
    5) Nodo Gordiano- "Sonnar"
    6) La Maschera Di Cera - "S.E.I."
    7) Osegen Ensemble- "Fear"
    8) Pure Reason Revolution- "Eupnea"
    9) King Gorm- "King Gorm"
    10) Le Grand Sbam- "Fuvent"
    Last edited by Crawford Glissadevil; 01-25-2021 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Glissadevil View Post
    1) Logos- "Sadako e Le Mille Gru Di Carta"
    5) Nodo Gordiano- "Sonnar"
    10) Witchwood- "Before the Winter"

Mmmhhh!!!... Looks like the first two have risen from the dead - I guess the pandemy had them crawl out of the woodwork

Lost sight of WW, though.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Pascal Comelade was a member of Bel Canto.
    On which album?

^ Comelade was never a member of Norwegian band Bel Canto, who were correctly a stalwart on Marc Hollander's Crammed Discs. This is a misunderstanding, as Comelade formed his own ensemble called the Bel Canto Orquestra.

But Comelade's unorthodox compositional aesthetic, with influences from world music and film soundtracks (including cartoons) and applications of unusual instrumentation (toys, gadgets, primitive electronics etc.), shared a lot with the stylistic horizon of the Crammed Disc "credo", which was itself informed by other labels such as AYAA and No Man's Land.

I think it's uplifting how Comelade keeps going.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    ^ Comelade was never a member of Norwegian band Bel Canto, who were correctly a stalwart on Marc Hollander's Crammed Discs. This is a misunderstanding, as Comelade formed his own ensemble called the Bel Canto Orquestra.
    Whew...was having a minor mental "divide by zero" moment where I thought "wait, I thought Bel Canto was Jenssen / Drecker, and now Comelade too?!?"

Clearly time for coffee #2...
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

the Crammed Disc "credo", which was itself informed by other labels such as AYAA and No Man's Land.
    Mistake. Crammed informed the others (to some degree), not the other way 'round.

I've been staying at home watching old episodes of X-Files all through the holidays, and I think perhaps some moist parts of my brain might have been sucked out through a high-tech straw in the course of the process.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Sorry for the confusion I made about Bel Canto, I was aware of the difference.
    Somtimes you should read what you posted

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Whew...was having a minor mental "divide by zero" moment where I thought "wait, I thought Bel Canto was Jenssen / Drecker, and now Comelade too?!?"
    I thought so too. First it was Jenssen / Drecker / Johansen
    Perhaps not prog, but when I saw them on Dutch television it felt like a breath of fresh air.

My "best of 2020" shout into the void, first few in order but the rest just however I collected them:

The Midnight - Monsters
    Oranssi Pazuzu - Mestarin Kynsi
    Yamaneko - Spa Commissions Vol. 2
    Roly Porter - Kistvaen
    Ólafur Arnalds - Some Kind of Peace
    Carpenter Brut - Blood Machines [OST]
    Caspian - On Circles
    Amorphous Androgynous - We Persuade Ourselves We Are Immortal
    Taylor Swift - folklore
    Steve Moore - VFW [OST]
    NINA - Synthian
    Kelly Moran / Prurient - Chain Reaction at Dusk
    Glåsbird - Novaya Zemlya
    Mikael Lind - Give Shape to Space
    Makeup and Vanity Set - Liturgy
    Lussuria - Poison Butterfly Came Day After Autumn Day
    Near the Parenthesis - Intervals
    Snow Palms - Land Waves
    :zoviet*france: - Russian Heterodoxical Songs
    Golden Retriever / Chuck Johnson - Rain Shadow
    Jóhann Jóhannsson - Last and First Men [OST]
    Trent Reznor / Atticus Ross - Bird Box / Null 09 Extended
    Ataşehir - AVM

It was, IMHO, an utterly fabulous year for new music.
    Last edited by battema; 01-07-2021 at 08:33 AM.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I would like to mention 2 box-sets, that were released in 2020
    Jóhann Jóhannsson - Retrospective II
    Focus - 50 years anthology 1970-1976

I'm saying as ol' Roofy did once; those here names are so unfamiliar I'm not even sure they actually exist!

I mean, seriously; how many/big percentage of those so-called "artists" are sympho? And how many of those are true ones? I mean, truly true so that I myself can recognize it?

I'm saying as ol' Roofy did once; those here names are so unfamiliar I'm not even sure they actually exist!

I mean, seriously; how many/big percentage of those so-called "artists" are sympho? And how many of those are true ones? I mean, truly true so that I myself can recognize it?
    Steven Winslon just covered Taylor Swift song few days ago so that Taylor dude gotta be true and real sympho!
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I would like to mention 2 box-sets, that were released in 2020
    Jóhann Jóhannsson - Retrospective II
    Focus - 50 years anthology 1970-1976
    I didn't go for the JJ retrospective box because I had most of the albums already, but I am really hoping for a continued dip into his vault. There are things like his Drone Mass that I would kill to have in recorded form at some point.

I'm just grateful that the absence of the words "Anderson," "Morse," "Hackett" or "Wilson" didn't automatically flag my post as spam and have it removed

I didn't go for the JJ retrospective box because I had most of the albums already, but I am really hoping for a continued dip into his vault. There are things like his Drone Mass that I would kill to have in recorded form at some point.

I didn't have any of his albums, just the 2 retrospective boxes. I might buy some other stuff, not included in those boxes in the future. Unless there will be another Retrospective box, but I'm not sure that will happen.

My "best of 2020" shout into the void, first few in order but the rest just however I collected them:

The Midnight - Monsters
    Roly Porter - Kistvaen
    Caspian - On Circles
    Taylor Swift - folklore
    Steve Moore - VFW [OST]
    NINA - Synthian
    Glåsbird - Novaya Zemlya
    Snow Palms - Land Waves
    Ataşehir - AVM

I have entered the Mirror, Mirror Star Trek universe!

neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I have exactly one of those and it ain't Taylor Swift.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    I didn't have any of his albums, just the 2 retrospective boxes. I might buy some other stuff, not included in those boxes in the future. Unless there will be another Retrospective box, but I'm not sure that will happen.
    Oh yeah...if you didn't have most of those albums then the Retrospectives are a total joy

His estate has indicated there aren't plans for further Retrospective compilations, but hopefully more albums (such as his amazing Last and First Men recording, plus the actual film in a 2-disc pack) will be forthcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    that is one more than I do, I'm happy that I at least know three of those Artists (and one is Taylor)

If Snow Palms isn't the one you've already got Ian, you might consider giving that a go. It's pretty lovely, IMHO.

As for the weird list...eh, I like what I like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and I am REALLY happy that there's so much out there that I'm liking these days

Oh yeah...if you didn't have most of those albums then the Retrospectives are a total joy

His estate has indicated there aren't plans for further Retrospective compilations, but hopefully more albums (such as his amazing Last and First Men recording, plus the actual film in a 2-disc pack) will be forthcoming.
    I already thought there wouldn't come more Retrospective compilations. I think the second one was already anounced when the first one was released, so I decided to wait for that, before buying other albums. I first wanted to know what would be in the compilation.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    If Snow Palms isn't the one you've already got Ian, you might consider giving that a go. It's pretty lovely, IMHO.

As for the weird list...eh, I like what I like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and I am REALLY happy that there's so much out there that I'm liking these days
    I'll post my list later but it's not going to have much in common with others list other than the Avant crowd here. Will add Snow Palms to my bandcamp wishlist for listening later.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Right on.

I recognized a few names (Steve Moore, Taylor Swift, Reznor/Ross, of course; props for having all of those names on the same list btw!), but I haven't heard any of those albums and the bulk of them are by artists I didn't even know existed. It's awesome that so much stuff exists out there yet to discover.

I'll post my list later but it's not going to have much in common with others list other than the Avant crowd here.
    I love that all our lists have so little overlap. It kind of shows just how much awesome music is out there.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post

I have entered the Mirror, Mirror Star Trek universe!

neil
    I haven't even heard 95% of these names, much less than heard them (Reznor, Caspian and AA being the exceptions)

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    that is one more than I do, I'm happy that I at least know three of those Artists (and one is Taylor)
    Yup, Twilight Zone (the other than mine )as someone was saying.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

The Midnight - Monsters
    Roly Porter - Kistvaen
    Caspian - On Circles
    Taylor Swift - folklore
    Steve Moore - VFW [OST]
    NINA - Synthian
    Glåsbird - Novaya Zemlya
    Snow Palms - Land Waves
    Ataşehir - AVM

Once again,Battema shows his total lack of taste in music,
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide