Thread: Ticketmaster Refund Policy Change

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

Ticketmaster Refund Policy Change

Looks like TicketBastard have changed their refund policy to only offering a refund if a concert is canceled not postponed. So all those gigs that aren't happening won't be refunded until the organizers officially cancel them.

Just had this happen on my Swans tickets

"Hang on to your tickets — we'll email you as soon as the new date is announced.

If you're selling tickets to this event, the listing with the old date will come down — then just list the new tickets with the new date from My Account on your computer or mobile device.

We are working with the event organizer to identify a new date and we will contact you as soon as we have confirmation. If your event organizer is offering refunds, this option (a refund link) will be visible under the order in your Ticketmaster account. If the refund link is not appearing, the event organizer is not offering refunds at this time. Please note that given the unprecedented circumstances, event organizers are constantly assessing the situation and making determinations regarding refunds. If your event is not currently enabled for refunds, check back later, as this status may change."
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Thankfully I have no outstanding tickets with them.
    Tickets.com does refunds.
    But hey, you might like the new date, whenever that might be.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadThe Bad
    Just had this happen on my Swans tickets
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Interesting but not surprising, I have tix for Yes in June which of course is postponed, my gut feel is that these shows will never happen.

The word "postponed" will eventually change to "cancelled".

All the reports and plans for an economy re-activation practically are ruling out concerts and sports of any kind. One of the MAIN rules that will remain is the social distancing to keep the mitigation going on for at least two years. So FORGET CONCERTS.

So far, I have only had one concert refunded but have a couple still with Ticketbastard but they will go bankrupt soon. Concerts, cruises, sports and mass gatherings even worshiping will be banned from humanity if we wish to survive. My concern is that education will be forever changed to online classes.

So we will be able to go see concerts online too but without the smell of pot.
    I may be older but, I saw live: Led Zeppelin, Yes, ELP, Jethro Tull, King Crimson, Fish, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Marillion, IQ, UK, Saga, Rush, Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Genesis with Peter Gabriel, Steve Hackett, Triumph, Magma, Goblin, Porcupine Tree, The Musical Box, Uriah Heep, Dio, David Bowie, Iron Maiden, Queen with Freddie Mercury, George Harrison, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Eric Clapton & Steve Winwood, Steely Dan, Dream theater, Joe Satriani, you get the idea..

Quote Originally Posted by Rajaz View Post

That's yer own fault.

The policy Ticketbastard has always wanted is:

You send Ticketbastard all your money.

They decide if and when you can spend some of it on concert tickets.
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Yes have announced rescheduled dates for the Euro leg of this years tour to 2021 with the UK shows still TBC, again, I very much doubt they will happen next year either.

I had bought tickets for a lot of (formerly) upcoming shows, but they are almost all with ticket.web, who are giving refunds. Only my Dead Can Dance tickets are with ticketmaster, so that is the only one not being refunded.

neil

The word "postponed" will eventually change to "cancelled".

All the reports and plans for an economy re-activation practically are ruling out concerts and sports of any kind. One of the MAIN rules that will remain is the social distancing to keep the mitigation going on for at least two years. So FORGET CONCERTS.

So far, I have only had one concert refunded but have a couple still with Ticketbastard but they will go bankrupt soon. Concerts, cruises, sports and mass gatherings even worshiping will be banned from humanity if we wish to survive. My concern is that education will be forever changed to online classes.

I would say the smart thing to do is wait until a vaccine is found and everyone gets it, and then hand out some kind of authentication of proof, that you have it. Then you can start having sporting events, conventions, festivals, movie concerts, etc. again, and only allow entry if you can show proof that you have been vaccinated.

neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Vaccine is too far off for that to have an impact this year.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Hackett rescheduled for next year. Looks like I won't be able to cancel my crappy tickets to try to get better ones
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

The postponement/cancellation thing is strange.
    One of the shows I have tickets from back in March was postponed to late September.
    The venue is fairly small ( <300 ) and the performer is a regular in the area.
    An arena band from potentially far away postponing for a year. That is more of a stretch, especially with guys like King Crimson. A year is a long time.
    Cancelling and rebooking the same venue probably has contract repercussions beyond the cost of refunding tickets.
    As the cost of everything seems to go up, it seems like dipping for more money next year would beat hanging on to previous ticket sales in hope that the loss will not be that great next year.
    Unless they already spent the money in hopes of the next big tour ( of some other band ) making up the difference when the date came up.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Vaccine is too far off for that to have an impact this year.
    Absolutely. 2021 at the earliest, one would think.

neil

A change is in the wind. re: Refunds for Postponements
    https://www.vulture.com/2020/04/live...-covid-19.html
    -- Aristotle

Ticketmaster UK told me they will refund my Yes tix when the new dates are announced - if I cant make the new dates. Still waiting....

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    They refunded my Big Big Train tix for Montreal

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    That's yer own fault.
    Yeah! All the concerts I've been at since the shutdown have had the sweet, sweet smell of a bag of aerosol paint

Last night I saw a TV report on Vivid Tickets that have really screwed their customers who bought tickets for the 2020 Houston Rodeo concerts among many events. And that you can't say the Rodeo shows will be re-scheduled because the lineup changes every year, so those people are totally f!@*k# up! Those tickets aren't cheap, one guy had paid about $400 for his.

On a recent interview with Roger Waters, he is saying that even if he tours next year he will be 77 years old and feels he might not be capable to endure the tour. And Ticketbastard is not cancelling or refunding, I'm sure lots of scenarios will change and things may not fall on the exact previous dates and venues they would wish.