Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Book of iona (Iona Box Set)

Be Aware at least at Amazon Germany Prices Change a lot from week to week.

Last week they where 50 EUR up now they are down again.

Also at some sale Points they are out of stock already, the Iona web store has None left.

Quote Originally Posted by progcd54 View Post
    Current pricing as of 10/14...shipping to California:

Direct from ImportCDs = $197.90 (including $6.99 shipping and $14.23 sales tax)
    Amazon (fulfilled by ImportCDs) = $198.86 (including $3.99 shipping and $14.30 sales tax)

So much for pricing back in August...sorry I waited.
    Yes. I had a feeling the price would go up. Is this a limited edition??? My copy is #841. The Iona website a few days ago said they only had 10 copies left. I jumped back in August because I felt it would be a one run and done type of thing....they don't have the fanbase of someone like King Crimson... I ordered from ImportCD....if they state that it is in stock....I'd jump on it because their shipment came in....I doubt there will be any more copies coming in.
    Earlier in this thread, it is stated that the individual CD's will be released in the future...

The same can be said of IQ. Small fanbases mean items will go out of print occasionally.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

I ordered last night from DeepDiscount. They are offering a 15% discount (use code TREAT) through October 15. My final price with sales tax and shipping was $190.88...so I saved about $10.00. Better in my pocket than theirs...LOL.

BTW...turns out that DeepDiscount is the parent company that owns ImportCDs. Their websites and order processing looked almost identical. All is good!!!
    "Frozen flaking fish raw nerve...In a cup of silver liquid fire" - Jethro Tull

Banned
    Beyond the damn price, how does the music sound, song selection and sequence, quality of sound, etc. ? In other words, rate the box set for overall sound and quality.

Just got the tracking number (shipped USPS) for my order. No updates yet...I'll keep you posted. I'm certain that the quality is outstanding. All their released have always sounded great to my ears. Granted 17 disc will take awhile to absorb...LOL.
    "Frozen flaking fish raw nerve...In a cup of silver liquid fire" - Jethro Tull

No new mixes or remasters anyway. The first four have rematers from 2003 (or close) that where done for the Anthology 4CD Book.

But ther was no Need for new sound as the albums sounded perfect in the first place.

Bonus stuff is very mixed from very good Studio Recordings to rather (very) poor "Living Room" Demos.

Very much fan Boy stuff, but there is lots of awesome new Things..

Banned
    ^^^^^

Alright, good to hear of the quality (and quantity) aspects. Thanks to all for the overviews.

Second pressing now available at the Iona-store: https://www.musicglue.com/iona/produ...t-2nd-pressing

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Second pressing now available at the Iona-store: https://www.musicglue.com/iona/produ...t-2nd-pressing
    And the price went from $160 to $200.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga