Thread: Gilbert Gottfried reviews new prog band Epic Tantrum's debut album

Gilbert Gottfried reviews new prog band Epic Tantrum's debut album

We asked comedian Gilbert Gottfried to review our new album "Abandoned in the Strangers Room." Here it is for your viewing pleasure.

If you enjoyed his review (and hopefully the song that followed) please like and follow us Facebook at Epic Tantrum and check us out at EpicTantrum.com. Here is a list of all many of the places where the album is streaming: orcd.co/epictantrum

How the hell did you pull this off? :-)
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

He has a feature on his site where he will personally communicate with you, make recordings, etc by request. It's very cool, actually, and a great way to be connected with his fans. It sometimes takes awhile for him to get around to things - that's FINE, of course - but he's very good about it.

I've been saving up a request for him but he's been very kind about corresponding.

We love him here,

K
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

"By request" is a nice way of saying "for a $150 fee".
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    "By request" is a nice way of saying "for a $150 fee".
    Well, i would definitely not expect him to do it for free, would you? And of course $150 is well worth it for a custom video by someone of his calibre
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

$150 for 42 seconds of commentary that says "You call that music?!" But hey, it's Gilbert Gottfried! And at least he did say your band's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    $150 for 42 seconds of commentary that says "You call that music?!" But hey, it's Gilbert Gottfried! And at least he did say your band's name.
    He did an hilarious birthday greeting for a good friend of ours - about 1 minute or so - which was well worth it both for the brilliance of it and the novelty. It was a surprise we'd gotten for her. She is also a big fan and certainly wasn't expecting anything like it. And it's now a keepsake, so that was cool. I can't think of anything we could've gotten her for $150 which would have been more uniquely thrilling for a fan.

That said, if one is NOT a Gilbert fan, well then it would seem to be a waste of valuable cash, i suppose

There is a site called "Cameo" where you can pay celebrities to say pretty much whatever you want for a price. Everyone from the aforementioned Gilbert Gottfried to Jeff Scott Soto to Debbie Gibson to the "No Soup For You" guy from Seinfeld.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    There is a site called "Cameo" where you can pay celebrities to say pretty much whatever you want for a price. Everyone from the aforementioned Gilbert Gottfried to Jeff Scott Soto to Debbie Gibson to the "No Soup For You" guy from Seinfeld.
    Exactly so. This is where one makes the request to Gilbert and others.

"No birthday for YOU!" - ha