Thread: An Autobiography in the works about The Ox!

An Autobiography in the works about The Ox!

New autobiography in the works for The Who bassist John Entwistle.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...graphy-976804/
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Auto buy.

Forgive me for being pedantic but ... It's a biography, not an autobiography - though it does (apparently) contain large chunks of Johnny Twinkle's unfinished autobiography.
    Maka ki ecela tehani yanke lo!

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Forgive me for being pedantic but ... It's a biography, not an autobiography - though it does (apparently) contain large chunks of Johnny Twinkle's unfinished autobiography.
    That is what I thought as well, but considering the use of stuff Entwistle has written himself, it might be called an autobiography perhaps. I suppose most autobiographies are done with the help of an external writer.

UK review here: https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...ul-rees-review

The review in the London Times was more positive, but written by a man and not a woman like the review above, which may be significant.

Wow! What a sad end. Read the whole thing strait through...only 334 pages. What a hollow life with addictions. Also the problems with living “in a bubble”. I enjoyed the read but it is short on the music-end of things and delves on interpersonal relationships. I disagree with The Guardians review focusing on the womanizing. Sure....it happened....and before the Me Too movement.... what I got from it was some serious mental problems dealt with by a lifelong consumption of drugs / alcohol. Moony likewise probably suffered in similar ways.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

I’m tempted now to read Rogers book.

^^^ by all means, do. It's much more cheerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    Wow! What a sad end. Read the whole thing strait through...only 334 pages. What a hollow life with addictions. Also the problems with living “in a bubble”. I enjoyed the read but it is short on the music-end of things and delves on interpersonal relationships. I disagree with The Guardians review focusing on the womanizing. Sure....it happened....and before the Me Too movement.... what I got from it was some serious mental problems dealt with by a lifelong consumption of drugs / alcohol. Moony likewise probably suffered in similar ways.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity.
    I just finished it over the weekend as well, and pretty much agree with your assessment. Although he was rich and famous, he led a rather sad life. Still, I enjoyed the book and got yet another perspective on The Who. I would agree that he probably had some pretty major mental issues unfortunately. Oh well, I guess dying in your sleep in a hotel room, a mound of cocaine, and a stripper is not the worst way to go out, and very rock n roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyhead View Post
    I’m tempted now to read Rogers book.
    I have read Roger's, Pete's, and Kenny's. They are all good reads and give different sides to the same story.

I found this interview of him recently where he spends a half-hour answering questions about fashion. He wanted to be a Teddy Boy but wasn't really of age at their height. Mod was pushed on him by the Who's original manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones the Jug View Post
    I found this interview of him recently where he spends a half-hour answering questions about fashion. He wanted to be a Teddy Boy but wasn't really of age at their height. Mod was pushed on him by the Who's original manager.
    Yup, the book goes into this quite a bit. He was very into fashion and seemed to be always concerned with his appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Yup, the book goes into this quite a bit. He was very into fashion and seemed to be always concerned with his appearance.
    Well, I suppose you could call this "fashion" if you looked at it right:

BigJohnnyTwinkle.jpg