Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GoFundMe - Medical Expenses Fund for Geoff & Kelli Logsdon

GoFundMe - Medical Expenses Fund for Geoff & Kelli Logsdon

Friends, I have set up a GoFundMe campaign for Geoff and Kelli Logsdon of Jefferson, GA. Geoff has been involved with the production of our ProgDay music festival of international progressive rock for many years. He and his wife, Kelli have been experiencing extremely difficult times with medical challenges. Please see details outlined below. Many thanks, Debi.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/medical-e...cp+share-sheet

I went to donate, and you can't use PayPal? That's a mistake, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I went to donate, and you can't use PayPal? That's a mistake, imo.
    Mark ~

I totally agree! Unfortunately, GoFundMe only accepts donations via PayPal to certified Charity Campaigns. I discovered this about 10 days ago, myself, when I donated to another GoFundMe effort. I had to use my credit card although I had plenty enough money loaded into my PayPal account. Frustrating.

Appreciate your kind intention, nevertheless!

Debi

Quote Originally Posted by Pook1973 View Post
    Mark ~

I totally agree! Unfortunately, GoFundMe only accepts donations via PayPal to certified Charity Campaigns. I discovered this about 10 days ago, myself, when I donated to another GoFundMe effort. I had to use my credit card although I had plenty enough money loaded into my PayPal account. Frustrating.

Appreciate your kind intention, nevertheless!

Debi
    I'll likely sort it out, but I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'll likely sort it out, but I don't like it.
    That's very kind of you! But don't sweat it if it's a pain.

If I ever do another crowdsourcing campaign, I may utilize one of the other platforms that accept PayPal.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Sorry Debi, when I saw the post on Facebook I thought it was from Deb Sears! But you can still say hello to Paul if you like!

Jed

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Sorry Debi, when I saw the post on Facebook I thought it was from Deb Sears! But you can still say hello to Paul if you like!

Jed

Jed ~

No worries! I'll pass the word next time I talk with Paul. Hope all is well your way.

Debi

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far - your kindness is greatly appreciated!

Debi

Hello everyone, this is Geoff Logsdon here. Perhaps some of you here have noticed that l disappeared from "the scene" around 2016 due to my wife's, and my own, physical and mental health issues. As you might see in the OP from my angel friend Debi Byrd, my wife and l have been in desperate and dire financial circumstances for over a year or so now.
    Firstly l would like to dearly thank all of you who donated to help us when Debi created the original GoFundMe page for us. Along with some blood family (who are now finished with dealing with us), all of you who are my actual family were able to get her into a better living situation, and back to getting medical care for her scoliosis, and some occasional attention to her bipolar and other mental diseases.
    As for me, l developed degenerative disc disorder in early 2016 (l didn't much physically at Progday that year, and cannot even lift a guitar amp now), and am also battling clinical depression.
    The short version is that our financial problems caught up with us a couple of months ago and l have been desperately trying to keep us afloat by selling CDs, T shirts, books, and other music-related things that l have. I will be continuing to do so in the effort to paddle our own canoe, including all my vintage echolyn shirts and so on.
    Unfortunately even my efforts are now not enough and we are in what you might call big trouble. I have had to abandon my own physical and mental treatments, mainly because we are coming up against a wall where we will not be able to afford Kelli's medical care and the rent for the room she is staying near all of her doctors.
    So... basically l am reaching out to all of you (who have turned out to be my family), to ask for your help once again.
    I am figuratively on my knees to ask for help and l can assure you that l am in a situation where l have no pride or dignity left, and simply must reach out for any kind of help that anyone might be kind enough to offer.
    I believe it is still possible to donate through the link in Debi's original post, and if anyone is able to donate through PayPal, my PP address is gelogsdon@yahoo.com
    There is no way l can adequately thank those of you who have helped us, and might be kind enough to help us again. If it is possible for anyone to help spread the word elsewhere throughout the prog community it would be hugely appreciated. I don't participate in social media except for here, where l feel cared for and at home.
    Of course if it is not within anyone's means to contribute to our GoFundMe to help, prayers will also be greatly appreciated. My spirituality is greater than it has ever been, so bless you if you are even inclined to offer us a prayer.
    Again l can't thank Debi Byrd for getting the ball rolling for help for us, especially for taking the time while she is fighting battles of her own.
    I am sorry, l wanted to keep this short but l imagine my reputation precedes me there. I may be known in the prog community for quite a few things, but not remembering people's names and not knowing when to shut up are absolutely at the top of the list. And horrible band introductions.
    I cannot thank you enough if you have bothered to even read this, and again any help of any kind is desperately needed, and appreciated more than you know.
    Thank you so much and l love you all.
    Geoff

And PS...a huge blessing and safe travels to our dear Progeezer. A beautiful man who cannot be adequately missed.

Won't show on the notification, but sent from a PE friend.

Thanks so much again! We are more grateful than you could possibly know (and your PE handle was on the notification :-) Bless you my friend.

Glad to help. Hope your situ takes a turn for the better.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Sorry your having such a tough go of it. I made a small donation.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Thank you SO much, you guys! You have no idea how much of a help it is to us. And believe me, there is no such thing as a small donation-your donation will cover the cost of a very important prescription!
    Thank you both again for your selflessness and generosity!
    Any donations are more important than you can possibly imagine, and appreciated beyond belief. And again, if it is only possible to offer us a prayer, those are important and very appreciated also.
    Thank you all again for your caring and support. You all are the only family we have left, and we love you all.
    Geoff and Kelli

Wow, a donation from one of my eternally all-time favorite prog musicians!! I am humbled, and eternally grateful. Thank you sir!!!

Hi, Geoff here again. Someone just emailed me and made the wise suggestion that l tell everyone here who l am, which would have been a smart idea in the first place. I am primarily known for stage-managing (with Jay Taylor) the Progday festival in North Carolina, and being part of the stage crew, from 1996 to 2016. I was also the lighting technician for the LA Progfests in 1995 and 1997. I ran my own CD label for several years and released the Still and Always Almost albums by Brett, Paul, and Ray from echolyn, as well as discs by Volare and Rascal Reporters. Also l was part of the early 90s Syn-Phonic band Roots Of Consciousness. Also l co-wrote the lyrics to the opening track on the 2017 album by Dreadnaught, Hard Chargin'. So that is my very weird "prog resume".

I’m saying prayers for both of you tonight and beyond. I’ve never met you but your work in the prog community is fantastic. Making a donation now to your PayPal , God’s blessings to you both.

PS - Roots of Consciousness has always been a favorite of mine !

Oh my gosh, thank you so much!! I know l am repeating myself but you have no idea what your donations and prayers mean to us, and that you are literally saving us from going under right now.
    Love and blessings, and eternal gratitude,
    Geoff

PS - Wow, that is fantastic that you are a Roots fan. Brian Neuwirth wanted nothing more than for people to remember his music, so bless you for that also!!

I've been off the site for a while, and am sorry to hear you're having problems. I sent a small donation from Krys (who has known you since LA Progfests) and I (who've met you at Progday rather more recently). Best wishes.

Yeah, the Roots Of Consciousness album is excellent.

Geoff, hope our donation helps a bit.
    We wish you both well.

Jim & Lila
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Just sent another donation. I hope this helps a little bit at least. Best of luck to both of you and I hope your situation improves soon.

I want to just say a few words about Geoff here. Although we do not know each other super well, I worked with Geoff as part of the ProgDay team from 2005 to 2009. He is a super great guy and all-around genuine person. I was constantly amazed how Geoff, Jay and various other guys could get the stage turned around as quickly and efficiently as they did. Geoff could always be counted on and the band’s all loved him. After the festivals were over it was always fun hanging with Geoff by the pool at the hotel and hoisting a few beers. In more recent years I have attended ProgDay as part of the audience and always enjoyed getting back together with Geoff over the course of the weekend. I have never personally met his wife Keli but have heard Geoff talk about her often. For those of you who do not know Geoff he is great guy with boundless enthusiasm for prog and life in general. If he is reaching out to the prog community in the way that he is, it means that he is truly in need. I know that any help anyone could give him would be appreciated.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Just sent another donation. I hope this helps a little bit at least. Best of luck to both of you and I hope your situation improves soon.
    That inspired me to donate again. Not as generous as you but I know Geoff said small donations help too.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Thanks so much everyone, and sorry l fell off the map here for a few days, some bad things going on. Steve, l can't thank you enough for the kind words you said about me above. I had to read it twice...it was so sweet and complimentary l was sure you were talking about someone else. I have tried to keep my emotions in check at Progday over the years and my love for all of you, the bands, the crew, and the sheer Joy of being one of the many people who made that train run on time year after year was overwhelming, and got the better of me onstage many times. I can say without reservation that the days l spent on Storybook Farm--every one of them-- were the best days of my life. I am not the most comfortable guy around people, but at Progday l always felt comfortable, SO happy, among friends, and doing something Important. Inevitably l would do or say something stupid or awkward but l always felt the responsibility of helping to create a fun, relaxed, loving atmosphere...and also importantly, to make each band who stepped on our stage to feel like Royalty for a day. To make them realize how privileged we all were to have them travel from God knows where to play for us...and l know from speaking to many musicians at the time or later, how much they loved playing at Storybook because it was the one (or only) time they weren't treated like shit by the stage crew, and were always bowled over by the fantastic and often rapturous reception by the Progday crowd. And l must stress that l was a very small cog compared to the work and risk taken by many, many other people in the Progday organization.
    So anyway, if l am proud of any contribution at all l have made to the Prog community, or on Earth for that matter, it would be whatever it was l helped accomplish at Progday.
    Jay and l always analogized the beginning of the first band as a train leaving the station, and you damn well better make all the stops before the sun goes down!
    What else..

Of the two things l would change: the infamous CHEER-ACCIDENT introduction. Just for the record, Thymme Jones and l have corresponded ever since they played Progday up to the present day. We talked about it at length and they got over it Long Ago. If any One cares to put that overblown drama to rest, that would be fine with me.
    And, (it was me) l probably would not have introduced "Wishbone Fuckin' Ash". Or maybe l would, actually. Some things feel right at the time, and that certainly did. It was an exciting moment!
    Wandering off again as l am prone to do...l just want you all to know that my time spent working on Progday every year has been the most fulfilling experience of my life, and it was an honor to share it with all of you...you all make it the wonderful experience that it is!!
    If there is another, which l believe there will be, l will be there, and have bear hugs and optional beverages for all of you who have donated to our plight and may yet still do so, or have prayed for us, or sent positive energy our way.
    Donations and prayers are still needed and eternally appreciated.
    And come to think of it, l would be honored to hug all of you anyway!
    All my love and thanks,
    Geoff
    PS...l forgot my horrific Beardfish introduction. Classically bad.
    Last edited by veteranof1000psychicwars; 06-17-2021 at 11:47 PM.