Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GoFundMe - Medical Expenses Fund for Geoff & Kelli Logsdon

Quote Originally Posted by veteranof1000psychicwars View Post
    And, (it was me) l probably would not have introduced "Wishbone Fuckin' Ash". Or maybe l would, actually. Some things feel right at the time, and that certainly did. It was an exciting moment!
    bad.
    I still love that one. I have that whole performance on CD and your intro was the perfect lead in to their smoking performance. I know you took some heat from it from the people with kids in the audience, but I still think it was great.
    Last edited by SteveSly; 06-20-2021 at 12:39 AM.

Ok, I'll admit it, l love it too. I think there might be a nanosecond before l committed to it but it's always been one of my favorites too. It was the right moment for that.
    The story about disgruntled parents is a strange one too. Someone during or after the set told me there were some upset parents in the crowd but no one ever said anything to me directly. I would have apologized if I had offended anyone.
    Hope they all came to see Beardfish, where literally the 5th word of their 1st song was "m---erf---cker." Perhaps l didn't look so bad after that.
    After l learned that 1/2 the adults didn't listen to anything said onstage, l figured kids weren't listening at all.
    Anyhow, if a Wishbone Ash set at Progday was the first time your child heard the f-word, and said it from then on, l am truly sorry.
    Last edited by veteranof1000psychicwars; 06-19-2021 at 07:58 PM.

We have received a couple more donations in the past 2 or 3 days---thank you so much. Any more prayers or donations are desperately needed. I promise l will not keep clogging up the homepage with this for much longer (and again, special thank you to Sean and Duncan and the mods for allowing it to be here).
    Love to all,
    Geoff

Hello again all, l have just been given another suggestion which l will mention here, then will hopefully stop posting. I believe l mentioned before than l am not a social media butterfly so l am not sure how this works.

If one were inclined, would it be possible to mention/forward the link to my GoFundMe page on other band FB pages, or to their page managers, preferably artists who have a past background with Progday (like Echolyn, whom l know would not mind...l haven't felt comfortable asking them)?

Or, if you have been reading this and are a musician, solo or in a band, perhaps you would consider a mention on your own FB page? Or perhaps a kind soul could mention it on any other prog forums around that l am not aware of? As l mentioned l don't get out much...

Ok, that is my last idea/plea for help. If this is an idea that anyone is able to act upon in some way l would greatly appreciate it, and thank you so much.
    And one more huge hug and thank you to all of you who reached out to help us. Bless you. Hopefully see you soon.
    Geoff
    Last edited by veteranof1000psychicwars; 06-20-2021 at 05:23 PM.

Great idea. Just shared to Farpoint’s page.

Although we’ve never met (I’m in the PNW) I’m sure we would have been friends. I’m retired and only get paid at the end of each month, so my contribution is a few days away! Take care of yourself & maybe one day we will meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much Kevin! That is so sweet of you. Thanks man.

Hi Boceephus!
    Sorry, l would thank you by name but couldn't find it on your profile.
    Thank you so much for thinking of us and l can assure you any and all donations are desperately needed! I mostly think of needing them for my wife, it is hard to admit that l need a lot of help, myself. But that will come later, l hope, when things continue to improve. Thank you again, you and Kevin have just made a really bad day a lot brighter.
    Bless you,
    Geoff

Thank you so much Kevin! That is so sweet of you. Thanks man.
    No problem, Geoff. It may not generate any more donations, but hopefully it will.

I had an idea to take it one step further. I'll go ahead and make this offer: If anyone purchases anything through my BandCamp page, which includes much of Farpoint's output as well as Greyfeather (my band with members of IZZ, Iluvatar, Little Atlas and Cobweb Strange) and my own solo output plus more, from now through the end of June, I'll donate half of whatever comes in. It may not be much, it may not be anything, but it's worth a try.

https://kevinjarvis.bandcamp.com/
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

As I mentioned in the thread about the CD offer I tried to pay it forward a little bit with a donation today.

Hope it helps in some small way.

Thank you again Kevin!! That is a sweet and super generous offer! Wow. And being out of the loop for so long l had no idea that you have put a supergroup together! I would love to hear that, it should be flying off the shelves! Funnily enough Wade Summerlin and l were good friends for a time until we drifted apart as people often do...most people don't know that for a period of time he was the bass player in Roots Of Consciousness! He took over after the departure of the original bassist and played with the band until the end.
    Anyway, best of luck with Greyfeather! With you and that bunch of guys it's gotta be a hit! l hope it really takes off.
    Thank you for the donation offer, and for adding our link to the Farpoint page.
    Bless you and best of luck for continued success!
    Geoff
    Last edited by veteranof1000psychicwars; 06-21-2021 at 11:12 PM.

Thank you so much Taliesin!! Believe me, every donation we receive is a help in a BIG way! Bless you for your help and generosity!!
    All my best,
    Geoff

Hi Anonymous Donor, thanks for your donation! I am glad you let me know you are on PE though!

I have one other idea to offer if l might. Again, if anyone is in a band or a solo musician page, or even a personal page of your own where you might kindly put up the link to my page, perhaps also if anyone knows someone who has a church FB page, or a page where scoliosis, depression, or mental illness are discussed, perhaps they might consider posting a link to us as well?
    Sorry, just another idea to get the word out.
    Thanks again,
    Geoff

Thank you again Kevin!! That is a sweet and super generous offer! Wow. And being out of the loop for so long l had no idea that you have put a supergroup together! I would love to hear that, it should be flying off the shelves! Funnily enough Wade Summerlin and l were good friends for a time until we drifted apart as people often do...most people don't know that for a period of time he was the bass player in Roots Of Consciousness! He took over after the departure of the original bassist and played with the band until the end.
    Anyway, best of luck with Greyfeather! With you and that bunch of guys it's gotta be a hit! l hope it really takes off.
    Thank you for the donation offer, and for adding our link to the Farpoint page.
    Bless you and best of luck for continued success!
    Geoff
    Very cool, Geoff. I did not realize that Wade had played in that band. He's a great guy and a very talented musician. I need to check it out. Is there somewhere I can listen?

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Quote Originally Posted by taliesin View Post
    As I mentioned in the thread about the CD offer I tried to pay it forward a little bit with a donation today.

Hope it helps in some small way.
    Yep. Same here. And I post here not to boast of my donation, but to bump this thread up in the "New Posts" section, so that others may find this more easily.

Best of luck with everything, Geoff.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

My friend Lisa knew Brian from Roots Of Consciousness. Sending you a little $.

Hey Kevin, l don't think so. Wade joined up after the CD was recorded, so he played at a handful of live gigs. I'm not aware of any recordings of any of the shows. Excellent bassist, though! No disrespect to the original Roots bassist, but Wade lifted the whole band up when he joined.

Edit: lt just occurred to me you were asking about hearing Roots in general, not just with Wade. If l knew where my CD copy was l would burn it for you but things are in a state of perpetual chaos here.
    I have never checked but surely there are a couple of tracks on YouTube. Or surely Wade has a copy, maybe?
    Last edited by veteranof1000psychicwars; 06-26-2021 at 07:19 PM.

Thank you Scott and FrippWire!! I am so sorry for my delay in replying. I blew a tire on the interstate on Tuesday which totally freaked me out, it was just another horrible thing added to all the others and l went into a (mercifully short) depression spiral. I am getting back to my normal state, whatever that is.
    Thank you again, and please, if anyone can think of any ways to get the word out about us l will be eternally grateful! You all are the greatest people in the world and l am proud to be part of this great community!
    (And thank you for the bump, Scott!)

Thank you to another anonymous donor! (I hope you are part of the PE family) Believe me, donations of any size are a huge help. Sorry, l know l sound like a broken mp3.
    Bless you and all the best
    Geoff

Hey Kevin, l don't think so. Wade joined up after the CD was recorded, so he played at a handful of live gigs. I'm not aware of any recordings of any of the shows. Excellent bassist, though! No disrespect to the original Roots bassist, but Wade lifted the whole band up when he joined.

Edit: lt just occurred to me you were asking about hearing Roots in general, not just with Wade. If l knew where my CD copy was l would burn it for you but things are in a state of perpetual chaos here.
    I have never checked but surely there are a couple of tracks on YouTube. Or surely Wade has a copy, maybe?
    Yes, I was thinking of the music in general. I'll check YouTube, and I'll ask Wade next time I talk to him.
    As for the BandCamp thing, so far no one has purchased anythning, I'm sorry to say. But I hope to make another donation soon as I can. I have to get past a kidney stone lithotripsy next week which is going to cost me about $4k, but when I recover from that I should be able to help out some more.

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Hey Kevin, l looked on YT and incredibly there are no songs posted. Thank you again for the Bandcamp offer. That was super kind of you. It is really hard to get people's attention to buy music on here for some reason...trust me l know.
    Jesus, man, you have a lithotripsy next week? My best wishes to you for that. That is a great thing that someone invented there! My last one was in 2016 and was the size of a popcorn kernel. The one l had in 2008 was the same size, and they went in through Mr. Happy's hole to get it out. You get anesthesia either way, but the lithotripsy is MUCH preferred, you will just pee sand instead of hot charcoal for a couple of days.
    Please keep us posted on how things go. Any procedure where anesthesia is involved is not trivial, so please let us know you are ok.
    But, it will be fine! Don't worry.
    Geoff

Hi, we just received a critical donation from one of my favorite bands that ever played Progday, who were very young men then and grew into a very impressive outfit, instead of breaking up, which 75% of bands do at that age. So a big cheer and thank you to them. I'd love to tell you who they are to give them some props, l will check as l have not sent them a personal thank you yet.

And l MUST, just in case, as much as a wonderful person l am, and in great need of resuming my own physical and mental therapy at some point, l must re-stress that the point of this drive is for the welfare of my wife. But, make no mistake, this does help me!!!!
    You all have just kept my wife and her only companion right now, a little black kitty, from being tossed out of her living space, where she is in proximity to her doctors in Atlanta (she can no longer drive, which l don't think l have mentioned up to this point). These are all expenses that land at my feet. So Thank You, and Bless You all from the bottom of my heart. I have some severe issues of my own to deal with, but Kelli's are paramount right now. I just wanna make sure everyone knows they are helping me by helping her!! Thank you again. I don't even want to mention the 3 adorable baby possums that fell through my leaky ceiling while l was at work, and cuddled up on my bed. Didn't care less who I was and were happy to be tossed out in a box with some Cat Chow. Hopefully Mom will track them down. My cats never even saw them, l guess. For you non-Southerners, possums are *very* mellow.

Deep breaths, right? Life continues to challenge.
    Last edited by veteranof1000psychicwars; 06-29-2021 at 08:40 PM.

Hey Kevin, l looked on YT and incredibly there are no songs posted. Thank you again for the Bandcamp offer. That was super kind of you. It is really hard to get people's attention to buy music on here for some reason...trust me l know.
    Jesus, man, you have a lithotripsy next week? My best wishes to you for that. That is a great thing that someone invented there! My last one was in 2016 and was the size of a popcorn kernel. The one l had in 2008 was the same size, and they went in through Mr. Happy's hole to get it out. You get anesthesia either way, but the lithotripsy is MUCH preferred, you will just pee sand instead of hot charcoal for a couple of days.
    Please keep us posted on how things go. Any procedure where anesthesia is involved is not trivial, so please let us know you are ok.
    But, it will be fine! Don't worry.
    Geoff
    Thanks Geoff! Yeah, I've had the lithotripsy done twice before. It wasn't too bad, but this time it's just going to cost a LOT more. Apparently the fees have gone up and the amount my insurance pays has drastically gone down. But, I'm thankful to be able to get the procedure done and get this pain behind me, so I'm trying not to complain too much.

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Farpoint Kevin View Post
    Thanks Geoff! Yeah, I've had the lithotripsy done twice before. It wasn't too bad, but this time it's just going to cost a LOT more. Apparently the fees have gone up and the amount my insurance pays has drastically gone down. But, I'm thankful to be able to get the procedure done and get this pain behind me, so I'm trying not to complain too much.
    Sorry you're taking such a financial hit. In Canada, this type of operation is free.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)