Thread: Thoughts and Prayers for Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne (COVID19)

Thoughts and Prayers for Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne (COVID19)

COVID19

edit: different link.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...i4PJNHOfx2GlBk

he also has been known recently for working with The Monkees.
    Last edited by mnprogger; 03-31-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Just for saying, first paragraph in story:

Adam Schlesinger, the prolific songwriter and member of Fountains of Wayne and Ivy, has been hospitalized after testing positive for coronavirus. He is not in a coma, Billboard can confirm, and his condition is improving.

Looks like Billboard goofed the news and had to correct the article
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

Condition RIP

Terrible news. FoW were superb and Adam was an ace writer. Stacy's Mom I can take or leave, but the likes of Hackensack I'll never tire of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVoFq7zc5po

Sad [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this sucks. My wife, who was already a huge Fountains of Wayne fans before he worked with The Monkees, and a Lifer Monkees fan, is a total Basket Case right now.

this is totally unfair and should have been avoided. Sorry, but I blame Trump.

Really sad, I loved their stuff, each album has some gems. I only saw them once, it was a festival slot, so not their full set but I enjoyed it hugely. I played their albums a lot with my girls when they were growing up, infectious fun for all. Both girls hit me with this sad news this morning, which just shows how much his music meant to them.

RIP. Fountains of Wayne were one of the last great gasps of college/indie rock. Great tunes though they never did get as big as I thought they deserved. But again I think their style was on the way out when they were trying to scale the charts.

And you gotta give him at least a little credit for Stacy’s mom. Great song and an obvious theme that I’m surprised TTBOMK no one else has ever used as the basis for a pop song. Video’s kind of smarmy but maybe that was the point.

I had no idea Schlesinger was involved in so many other musical projects (just checked his wiki page). But I did like his contribution to the great Monkees record “Good Times”.