Thread: concert tix on rescheduled shows

concert tix on rescheduled shows

I live in Canada where all theatres and clubs are shut down due to Covid 19. I had tix to a May concert that is now rescheduled to Nov , and the offer is to hold on to the tix or get a refund. I took the refund and my thinking is 1. It is a GA show so I'm not giving up a seat location 2. I can rebuy closer to the new date if in fact things reopen 3. A lot of venues could close up forever during this Covid 19 shutdown so a refund could be difficult 4. if the shutdown lasts many months as I think it will, will the ticket selling companies still be viable and able to refund.
    I remember tomorrow

It has been a mix. Some venues cancelling shows with refund, and some rescheduling.
    Luckily the rescheduling venue is a national park, so it won't close ( if it does, a refund is the least of my worries )
    Some places are asking that the ticket price be used as a donation ( they are run as non profits ).
    Even without Covid a bunch of shows I have had tickets for over the last year have cancelled for various reasons.
    A hard year for venues and performers.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

Only show I had tickets for was Justin Hayward, hope it is rescheduled.

I've had 4 shows reschedule so far. 2 into 2021 and two for November, I'm expecting my July shows to get moved too. I will hang on to the tickets. I don't need the money as it's already spent.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I was going to see a bucket list show with Anekdoten playing all of Nucleus and selections from Vemod at the Terra Incognita festival in Quebec City (plus 7 other band). Third row seats. Rescheduled to May 2021. It is organized by one person who has led the festival for over 10 years. Didn't want to ask for money back.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound.

I had tix for 3 concerts. 2 have been rescheduled. One was originally on a Friday night and the other on a Saturday night. Now they're both on Sundays.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

http://www.discogs.com/user/moecurlythanu/collection

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I had tix for 3 concerts. 2 have been rescheduled. One was originally on a Friday night and the other on a Saturday night. Now they're both on Sundays.
    What shows?

The big one for me was Cruise To The Edge which is supposed to eventually be re-scheduled. I also had tickets to REO Speedwagon which has been re-scheduled to September and Tool which has yet to be re-scheduled. Just holding on to the tickets for now. I have knee replacement surgery scheduled for later in the summer which could play into whether I can go to the shows. Of course, the surgery is up in the air at this point too.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    What shows?
    Michael Stanley acoustic show & Dweezil Zappa. The one not yet rescheduled is The Musical Box.
    He did not know that the sword he'd hold, would turn his priceless empire into fool's gold...

Michael Stanley acoustic show & Dweezil Zappa. The one not yet rescheduled is The Musical Box.
    Cool. My wife and I saw the Extravagaza (sp) show for TMB and it was excellent. Doesn't matter how many times I've seen them they captivate each time.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Cool. My wife and I saw the Extravagaza (sp) show for TMB and it was excellent. Doesn't matter how many times I've seen them they captivate each time.
    Yeah, I saw Part 1 last year.(?) This is supposed to be Part 2 and have a different set list.

Two shows I was supposed to see have finally been officially rescheduled. Eagles scheduled for Sept 21 & Frank Marino on Oct. 18. Hope they happen.

I got news a couple days ago that the rescheduled date for The Musical Box was also cancelled, and refunds would be given. I'll bet the same thing happens with the other 2 rescheduled shows on my schedule.

I'm sure my TMB tickets will be cancelled too.

I got news a couple days ago that the rescheduled date for The Musical Box was also cancelled, and refunds would be given. I'll bet the same thing happens with the other 2 rescheduled shows on my schedule.
    Aaand...I couldn't be more wrong. The venue for the other 2 gigs sent out an email saying that they will reopen for business on June 18. I don't know what to think about that.

Aaand...I couldn't be more wrong. The venue for the other 2 gigs sent out an email saying that they will reopen for business on June 18. I don't know what to think about that.
    Collective positive thinking then. Keeping fingers, toes & eyes crossed!

Bought tickets in advance for 5 different shows/festivals. So far one cancelled with a refund, 2 cancelled with no refund, but tickets will be honored at next years shows. One postponed, but the new dates are the same as the 5th festival I have tickets for. So out of 5 shows I might get to go to one this season, but time will tell.

I still have tickets for 3 shows this summer.
    1 in late June, Steely Dan. I can hope, but I'm waiting for the cancellation notice any day now.
    The other 2 are in mid August and mid September. Fingers crosses on those. Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile Goat Rodeo sessions is bluegrass classical mashup in August.
    Australian Pink Floyd in September. Hope travel will be facilitated.
    None of these will be rescheduled. They offer refunds, or the option to donate for a tax write off.
    They are all at Wolf Trap.

The real problem my wife and I have about attending is the very nature of these shows.
    People will want to attend. Some people will want to attend regardless of how they feel.
    A bucket list show will make people to crazy stuff to attend anyway, even if there is no pandemic.
    Hopefully by August, the worst will be over, certainly by September. Right?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

^ No. Not without a vaccine or effective therapeutic.

"Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile Goat Rodeo sessions is bluegrass classical mashup in August."

These guys are national treasures. It would be criminal for them to risk themselves.

Whelp, Wolf Trap cancelled the whole season.
    I wonder if they will cancel the Barns season, which starts in September.
    We had one show rescheduled from March to Sept. 23.
    -- Aristotle