Obviously a lot of people are being told to stay in their houses due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I wish I had something brilliant to say here but I don't. I know a lot of you are looking for things to do and ways to keep from losing your minds. This isn't much - but maybe some of you find some solace in it. It's a link to our new album.

You can listen for free. We hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/user-6899286/...angers/s-OE8Pu

Here are some reviews if you want to get an idea of what the band is about:

“The perfect blend of prog and metal,” – Mike Portnoy

"Epic Tantrum is like the bastard children of Rush and Steely Dan. Powerful clever songs with twists and turns and musicianship to match," said Ioannis of DangerousAge Graphics. "This band is something special."

“One of prog rock's most promising new bands” - Bravewords

“A quite magnificent, soaring work - prog rock beauty” - Exclusive Magazine

“This band is a force to be reckoned with” - Sea Of Tranquility

Containing elements of prog rock, jazz, and heavy metal, Epic Tantrum’s debut offering, the double disc ‘Abandoned In the Stranger’s Room’ was released on January 20, 2020 (go to

https://orcd.co/epictantrum for digital ordering info) - with the first part of the album, ‘Abandoned,’ featuring studio recordings of previously unreleased material. The second part, ‘The Stranger’s Room,’ features live versions of songs from Abandoned as well as material that appeared on previously released demos. The album also features a cover design by Ioaniss of DangerousAge Graphics, who has designed covers for King Crimson, Dream Theater, Sepultura and many more.

Epic Tantrum is comprised of members Peter - guitar, vox; Paul - guitar, vox; Greg - bass, vox; and Z - drums. The origins of the bandstarted in 2007 when Peter and Paul began recording instrumental classical guitar pieces. They enjoyed working together and decided to write and record original material in Paul's studio, known as The Strangers Room. Inspired by the creative process of Walter Becker and Donald Fagen, the two wrote songs and tinkered with them until they were satisfied, at which point they brought in friends to round out their recording sessions. That's when Paul's longtime friend Z joined the band as the drummer. They named this collaboration Epic Tantrum, and recorded a demo entitled ‘31st’ and ‘Mary.' Over the next few years, with several starts and stops, they continued to write and record material - but the goal of a full band remained elusive. In 2016 Greg joined the band as bassist and the hard work of finishing their debut album kicked into full gear.

Epic Tantrum released a lyric video for their song, "Letting Go. on February 6th. "Letting Go" is their first attempt at what the band members call cinematic music. The piece begins with a catchy but moody, emotional verse, chorus, then twists and turns until it becomes a bombastic, cathartic blast of emotion at the end. The video reflects this emotion with a mix of imagery that echoes the lyrics about disillusionment and heartbreak. You can watch the video at epictantrum.com/videos or on YouTube at https://bit.ly/31v3AHM