Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aquaserge on BC

Aquaserge on BC

https://aquaserge.bandcamp.com/album/un-deux

First two albums up on bandcamp now. Weeeee!

Indeed.

One of the greats nowadays. Latest album still spins regularly, and I get the same feeling each and every time - sunny but surreal romanticism and existential wonder. That album with the cartoon'ish Verne-cover is awesome as well.
    Last edited by Scrotum Scissor; 08-25-2015 at 02:55 PM.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

i own them all and I recommend them all.

imo, the best is the latest, the 2nd best is Ce Tres Cher and the last (but still quite good) is 'Un & Deux'.

looking forward to seeing them at RIO.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    i own them all and I recommend them all.

imo, the best is the latest, the 2nd best is Ce Tres Cher and the last (but still quite good) is 'Un & Deux'.

looking forward to seeing them at RIO.
    Same here and same ranking, though I am still waiting for my copy of the collab with April March.. 2 months already.

The cd with April March is more poppy, but still with an avant twist. I have and like all Aquaserge albums.

I have their three main albums, but not the April collaboration. Love them all! I was instantly hooked on this band when I saw them on Youtube in the studio doing "TVCJQVD".
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Same here and same ranking, though I am still waiting for my copy of the collab with April March.. 2 months already.
    Ah. Well, if you're an Aquaserge fan buying it for that reason, you probably won't like it too much.

If you're a younger person who digs indie rock and etc (like one of my staff), you'll love it to death.

2 months, huh? You should buy from a reputable source, dude!!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Ah. Well, if you're an Aquaserge fan buying it for that reason, you probably won't like it too much.

If you're a younger person who digs indie rock and etc (like one of my staff), you'll love it to death.

2 months, huh? You should buy from a reputable source, dude!!
    I bought from the Bandcamp page...
    Always thought its the closest to buying straight from the band.

Un & Deux was the one I ordered directly from the band (their website, not the Bandcamp page), and it arrived from France in six days... I'd inquire if I were you, two months is a bit ridiculous!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    I bought from the Bandcamp page...
    Always thought its the closest to buying straight from the band.
    It is.

Just goes to show that they are musicians and not necessarily reputable sources!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    I have their three main albums, but not the April collaboration. Love them all! I was instantly hooked on this band when I saw them on Youtube in the studio doing "TVCJQVD".
    I find myself putting that album with April on a lot more than I thought I would. There are clever Aquaserge type moments in most of those songs. Just odd-ball enough to keep me coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    I find myself putting that album with April on a lot more than I thought I would. There are clever Aquaserge type moments in most of those songs.
    Same here. That album SO reminds me of the trickier pop works of Stereolab, which I absolutely cherish.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Same here. That album SO reminds me of the trickier pop works of Stereolab, which I absolutely cherish.
    My wife thought it was Stereolab when I had it on the first time. Now she's hooked on it!

I quite like the April March + Aquaserge cd. It definitely has a Stereolab (circa 'Dots and Loops') vibe, which I 'm quite fond of.

Great band, anyway. Based on repeated recommendations here on this forum as well as on the avant progressive forum on FB, I also bought "A l'amitie" and "C'est très cher Serge". I really enjoy them and would LOVE to be able to see them on a live context. Unfortunately I'm too far from anything and/or everything to do so.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    One track up from the upcoming EP due in September

http://aquaserge.bandcamp.com/album/guerre-ep
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    One track up from the upcoming EP due in September[/URL]
    sounds better than ever!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

sounds better than ever!
    Listened this morning - you got that right, Steve... cant wait for this one!

EP ordered !

I also really like Tahiti Coco no idea why they don't sell that one at Bandcamp

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    EP ordered !

I also really like Tahiti Coco no idea why they don't sell that one at Bandcamp
    isn't Tahiti Coco part of "Un & Deux" ??
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

isn't Tahiti Coco part of "Un & Deux" ??
    It is all on Un & Deux - yuppers.

Quote Originally Posted by Udi Koomran View Post
    OMG... they didnt just make themselves even better did they?!!! I love the horns!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Julien was a member of Stereolab

I had no idea about that April March collaboration - sounds nifty!