Thread: Catherine Ribeiro suffers a stroke

Catherine Ribeiro suffers a stroke

MODERATOR EDIT: The OP originally thought that Catherine Ribeiro passed away, but later discovered she had a stroke. I have cleaned up the thread, but kept it open for discussion.
    Last edited by Poisoned Youth; 03-25-2020 at 03:18 PM.

She suffered a stroke some days ago and she's hospitalized in Germany... Don't know if she didn't make it. Let's pray for recovery.

She's a legend for me...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I just Binged and Qwanted on french sites and still nothing

Edit:

https://www.francedimanche.fr/actual...see-par-un-avc

I understand that she is up dire straits without a house and living from small artistic-related German revenues and whatever the recent reissues royalties (two recent boxsets) were headed her way. She is 80.
    She is widowed (and kicked out of her house afterwards) and lost her daughter some 8 years ago to AIDS
    Last edited by Trane; 03-25-2020 at 02:15 PM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

News yesterday says she had a bad stroke: https://www.francedimanche.fr/actual...see-par-un-avc
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Although AFAIK she's been inactive for a while - which is understandable, given the force needed to carry that immense voice at old age - these are very saddening news. And so is the report on her living conditions. Ribeiro is, what, 79 or 80? In any case one of the most majestic vocalists I ever heard, donning great music to justify it. I'll be spining No. 2, Paix and Libertés to summon her effect.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM