Thread: Demon - The Plague (1983)

Demon - The Plague (1983)

“It’s a visitation to us all…”

Take a trip back to 1983 and a concept album that feels strangely prescient in these interesting times. One for fans of bands such as Pallas and Arena.

https://momentstransition.wordpress....e-plague-1983/

Demon will never get the recognition they should get in the Prog scene as they where to much
    a Metal band for the prog fans (as they where to much Prog for the Metal fans).

There follow up Album "British Standard Approved" is full blown "NWOBPR" instead of "NWOBHM"
    but still no one will care here for bands like Prophet (UK) or Kooga or Demon...

Their problem was that when they begun getting recognition as a metal band (in the height of the NWoBHM movement), they went full neoprog (starting from The Plague), leaving their former audience somewhat suspended in the air.

They were a great band however; either style they served.

Some other bands like Omega or Shiva followed this trend but they were mostlly ignored in both fields, as they were one-offs.
    Last edited by spacefreak; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:57 PM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Their problem was that when they begun getting recognition as a metal band (in the height of the MWoBHM movement), they went full neoprog (starting from The Plague), leaving their former audience somewhat suspended in the air.

They were a great band however; either style they served.

Some other bands like Omega or Shiva followed this trend but they were mostlly ignored in both fields, as they were one-offs.
    Truth spoken. And of course the band Prophet I mentioned where of course Omega (aka Apocalypse) (the album was called Prophet)
    Last edited by TheH; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:28 PM.

My favourite inbetween band Kooga

Mine...

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

^^^

A good one too (Proto Prog Metal :-))

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Mine...

I had this too! It seemed like the first fightback of something proggy, then of course Marillion and the others appeared.

I was aware of The Plague but don't think I ever heard it, will check it out, thanks for the reminder.

Heard first couple tracks of the Demon album. Not my cuppa. Don't like the keyboards or vocal.

Heard the first track of the Saracen album. I like it. I'll hear the rest later.