Thread: Carl Palmer 70

The Enemy God

Carl Palmer 70

The mighty CP was 70 yesterday, maybe got a bit lost amongst the global anxiety.

The man that makes coffee nervous, got me thinking what will I play. Went to Food for Your Soul of Works vol 1. Tempo off the scale, feels like might almost come off the rails , but that's him, pushing , fiery, explosive. You can see it when he speaks . That body of work 70-74, phenomenal , his work rate live beyond astonishing. Check out Welcome Back for his stamina and commitment. The single stroke roll to die for and let's not forget some great odd meter stuff .

Deep Tracks dedicated the day to him yesterday and mixed in a ton of ELP and Asia, as well as audio clips of interviews with Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by gallen1964 View Post
    The mighty CP was 70 yesterday, maybe got a bit lost amongst the global anxiety.

The man that makes coffee nervous, got me thinking what will I play. Went to Food for Your Soul of Works vol 1. Tempo off the scale, feels like might almost come off the rails , but that's him, pushing , fiery, explosive. You can see it when he speaks . That body of work 70-74, phenomenal , his work rate live beyond astonishing. Check out Welcome Back for his stamina and commitment. The single stroke roll to die for and let's not forget some great odd meter stuff .
    No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media, and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful. - Kurt Vonnegut

We had a chat over at Yesfans on "Love Beach" the other day, someone found this interview clip.....Palmer explaining how/WHY did "Love Beach" actually happen (and especially that shocking cover !) ?