Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bandcamp artist fundraiser this Friday, 3/20, with all proceeds going to artists

^^ Pretty much all downloaded music is DRM free these days. When Apple launched iTunes, the RIAA required them to use DRM. Later when the RIAA allowed Amazon to sell MP3s, a format incapable of DRM, it was agreed it was silly for Apple to continue locking their music with DRM. iTunes hasn't used DRM on music since late 2008, early 2009. Video on the other hand is a different story. Pretty much everyone, including Amazon who sell video downloads still use DRM.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Can you download your BC albums to your phone a la Spotify (temporarily) if you want? How do I play these albums I have bought in my car via my Samsung?
    Hmm... What kind of phone do you have, Frank? The Bandcamp app (at least the one for iOS) doesn't support downloading songs; it's streaming only. But if you have something other than an iPhone, you may be able to get the files from your PC onto the phone's internal storage.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Hmm... What kind of phone do you have, Frank? The Bandcamp app (at least the one for iOS) doesn't support downloading songs; it's streaming only. But if you have something other than an iPhone, you may be able to get the files from your PC onto the phone's internal storage.
    Tyler - It's a Samsung 9+ (I think). It seems strange that the app can't easily play albums that you have purchased. Honestly, I use Spotify even for albums I have purchased on BC because it's so much easier to D/L and play in my car or on the go.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

I picked up Kit Watkins' latest release. Nice that he made a return to the sound of Azure & Sunstruck on this one. Really enjoyed it.