Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Bandcamp artist fundraiser Friday, May 1st, with all proceeds going to artists

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ I'm well off enough that I could just donate them 10 times what the CDs cost. It's beside the point. It's no way to run a business, and blunts the incentive to participate in the Bandcamp promotion. If you haven't shipped your customer's purchase by now, you're not trying.
    Should the Spanish artist ignore lockdown restrictions and expose themselves and their family to the virus so you can get your CDs?

Presumably you can get the download from Bandcamp to listen to while you wait anyway.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    Yep. Great track, great movie footage. Finger will definitely be twitching over the buy button for this. It reminds me of F*ck Buttons at their best (a good thing, in my book!)

In a similar neck of the musical woods: Weserbergland have a new album out as well: https://weserbergland.bandcamp.com/ Their previous album, Sehr Kosmisch, Ganz Progisch was very good, if slightly self-consciously derivative. The new work sounds like it's much more adventurous!
    Neat, thanks for the tip

Here's the start of the Emeralds BC page, certain to expand: https://emeraldsohio.bandcamp.com/releases
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Should the Spanish artist ignore lockdown restrictions and expose themselves and their family to the virus so you can get your CDs?

Presumably you can get the download from Bandcamp to listen to while you wait anyway.
    FWIW I've ordered a couple of things on BC that included a physical item, and got a message from the artist/label saying that they essentially cannot ship due to restrictions; it might be that the post office has literally shut down in their area/region, or it might be that they don't want to risk it and are doing fewer shipping runs. Reply has consistently been "no worries, thanks for letting me know, it gets here when it gets here." A few folks were even generous enough to offer me additional free downloads of other music in return for my patience.

As an EXTREMELY indie tiny artist who does still do a bit of shipping, I appreciate the challenge. I'm certainly not rushing out to drop packages in the mail every time the ask comes in. So my sympathies lie with the artists, and gestures like Bandcamp's offer to waive fees are wonderful.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    That's unfair by pandemic standards.

I just found out, with no warning, that Wayside can not mail a package to Israel, due to the pandemic.

We are in very uncharted territory.
    I bought a bunch of Spanish Prog on Discogs at around the same time or later. None of them have arrived yet, but all have been shipped. They're at least in the system.

Mail is still being delivered and can be picked up. Do you know that lockdown restrictions in Spain include forbidding entry to post office buildings?

I haven't missed a day of work since the SiP order went into effect. I've been shopping numerous times as well. There's a way to do some of this safely without being locked in 100% of the time.

Mail is still being delivered and can be picked up. Do you know that lockdown restrictions in Spain include forbidding entry to post office buildings?

I haven't missed a day of work since the SiP order went into effect. I've been shopping numerous times as well. There's a way to do some of this safely without being locked in 100% of the time.
    I don't know anything about the Spanish lockdown rules, but I do know that people's circumstances vary. Some have underlying health conditions that place them at much greater risk if they get the virus, or live with family members who do - I'm in the latter category myself, and on (UK) governmental advice nobody in our household has been out (further than our garden), and we've received no visitors, since early March.

This is possibly why I am grumpy and arguably insane.

Bandcamp Profile

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar

Do you know that they don't? Are you prepared to be a bit more tolerant in these strange times?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Do you know that they don't? Are you prepared to be a bit more tolerant in these strange times?
    Lots of frayed nerves out here in the void.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Thanks Alan for the thread.

For Dean Watson music, go here:

https://deanwatson.bandcamp.com/
    Coming September 1st - "Dean Watson Revisited"!

I don't know anything about the Spanish lockdown rules, but I do know that people's circumstances vary. Some have underlying health conditions that place them at much greater risk if they get the virus, or live with family members who do - I'm in the latter category myself, and on (UK) governmental advice nobody in our household has been out (further than our garden), and we've received no visitors, since early March.

This is possibly why I am grumpy and arguably insane.
    I feel for you, sir. That would be tough for anyone to deal with. Hang in there. This has an end eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Look, it's CDs, it's not something truly important. What I'm saying is that maybe I should have just bought the CDs from Greg. We go back a long way and it would have been cheaper.

It's not the way I would have done it were I in their shoes, but they are free to conduct their affairs as they see fit. Doesn't mean I have to be on board with it. If family members are fighting the infection, that's different. No real free time in that situation. However, a short email or notification on Bandcamp would go a long way.

As for your question on the bolded text, I don't know, but I can infer based on other purchases from Spain. And why can't they weigh the package, call the PO and find out air postage to the USA? Then affix stamps or even have the postman bring the metered strip to them and pay the postman? Many businesses will make unusual allowances in the current environment. Back to that tryin' thing.

That's unfair by pandemic standards.

I just found out, with no warning, that Wayside can not mail a package to Israel, due to the pandemic.

We are in very uncharted territory.
    What about packages to The Netherlands? My order of John Battema's CD was sent out March 24th and has this as latest tracking information:

Processed Through Regional Facility March 30, 2020, 03:43 PM, CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Pre-orders for our debut album will begin on Friday through Bandcamp (CD and Digital).

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    What about packages to The Netherlands? My order of John Battema's CD was sent out March 24th and has this as latest tracking information:

Processed Through Regional Facility March 30, 2020, 03:43 PM, CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
    Oh god, I hope they're not starting to hold packages based on musical quality and/or taste!!!

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post

I was unable to mail a package to Israel at all - I could not put it in the system.

We DID mail your package. It is taking longer than it should be, but welcome to 2020, to understaffed customs houses and etc etc.

My guess is that Customs has it and you'll get it eventually (hopefully sooner eventually)...
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I like this.Too bad there's no cd but i grabbed the download.

https://derekrogers.bandcamp.com/album/immersions
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    For work I've got stuff coming in from China by courier and those are taking weeks longer than usual.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I feel for you, sir. That would be tough for anyone to deal with. Hang in there. This has an end eventually.
    Thanks; and fair play to you. We all have our own shit to deal with, especially just now.

Bandcamp Profile

Nice (name your price) Moog album, on my shopping list for Friday:
    https://moogmusic.bandcamp.com/album/transformers
    All proceeds go to artists in need.

I bought a bunch of Spanish Prog on Discogs at around the same time or later. None of them have arrived yet, but all have been shipped. They're at least in the system.
    2 of those Spanish Discogs orders arrived today. I checked, and they were purchased a week after the Bandcamp purchase.

I guess it's a good thing I haven't put any orders for any more band t-shirts, huh? I was gonna order a Whitesnake Lovehunter shirt, but maybe I can live without it for the time being.

At any rate, I've picked out a few things I'm gonna order on Friday, I've got those in my Bandcamp shopping cart. Hopefully, in the next couple weeks, I can put in a physical order to Wayside also (I need that Tangerine Dream boxset!).

Well, after years of complacency I took advantage of my extra free time and put my old band on Bandcamp yesterday. Just download for now, but I do still have CDs and will probably add that option at some point.

https://tamanduaband.bandcamp.com/al...f-the-universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L. View Post
    Well, after years of complacency I took advantage of my extra free time and put my old band on Bandcamp yesterday. Just download for now, but I do still have CDs and will probably add that option at some point.

https://tamanduaband.bandcamp.com/al...f-the-universe
    That's some good stuff!

Bandcamp Profile

If it helps, I changed the title of the thread to reflect the event for May 1st so people don't think it's old news.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I was unable to mail a package to Israel at all - I could not put it in the system.

We DID mail your package. It is taking longer than it should be, but welcome to 2020, to understaffed customs houses and etc etc.

My guess is that Customs has it and you'll get it eventually (hopefully sooner eventually)...
    Thanks Steve. As I wrote to John: I'll wait patiently and I know it's not a good time to order internationally.