Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 177

Thread: Bandcamp artist fundraiser Friday, May 1st, with all proceeds going to artists

  1. #151
    Member thedunno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,080
    A few more I bought last minute

    Basta! - Ylytis
    Mathew Rakers - memories of water
    Jack O' the Clock - Witness

  2. #152
    I bought Parpaing (traditional but untraditional music from France) : https://parpaingcorp.bandcamp.com/
    You'll love this

  3. #153
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Everywhere with helicopter
    Posts
    140
    Picked these up



    No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media, and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful. - Kurt Vonnegut

  4. #154
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Everywhere with helicopter
    Posts
    140


    No matter how corrupt, greedy, and heartless our government, our corporations, our media, and our religious and charitable institutions may become, the music will still be wonderful. - Kurt Vonnegut

  5. #155
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Waterloo, IA, USA
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Cripes, I almost forgot to buy david torn's new release.
    I looked at that, but already had two DT-related things in my cart. Soon. Plus, I'm still buying primarily physical media as opposed to downloads (a dinosaur, I). I made an exception for Mike Keneally's MFTJ release, but that's because there was a t-shirt bundle available.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

  6. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Stuff I've had my eye on for a while. Normally I opt for the CD, typically via Amazon, but this gets more money in the musicians' hands more efficiently, so...

    Slope (2013 Deluxe Triple Disc Edition by Steve Jansen
    DARK STAR SAFARI by Jan Bang, Erik Honoré, Eivind Aarset, Samuel Rohrer
    Snow Catches on her Eyelashes by Eivind Aarset & Jan Bang
    Thomas Feiner Digital Discography (no full albums, 11 standalone tracks)
    Sculpting in Time by David Kollar
    Thanks for heads upping the Kollar. As a big Tarkovsky fan, I was more or less happy to buy, whatever the music. But then the music turns out to be exquisite. Plus, Arve Henriksen!

  7. #157
    Banned Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    42°09′30″N 71°08′43″W
    Posts
    3,184
    Quote Originally Posted by per anporth View Post
    Thanks for heads upping the Kollar. As a big Tarkovsky fan, I was more or less happy to buy, whatever the music. But then the music turns out to be exquisite. Plus, Arve Henriksen!
    What a terrific album. Really enjoying it. I only know of Kollar from the thing he did with Mastelotto, KoMaRa - highly recommended.

  8. #158
    Member mnprogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    800
    Jessy Ribordy (of The River Empires and Falling Up)
    https://jessyribordy.bandcamp.com/

    Lately I've been working with some music supervisors for tracks that would play in movies and shows. So I've been tailoring old songs and writing new ones for this purpose. Thought I'd share a few of the recent tracks. Hopefully you'll hear them in some upcoming movies/shows! But coming in the future will be a few albums/eps that have no directives -- just good old fashioned albums in my style. Love you all!

  9. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    I was unable to mail a package to Israel at all - I could not put it in the system.

    We DID mail your package. It is taking longer than it should be, but welcome to 2020, to understaffed customs houses and etc etc.

    My guess is that Customs has it and you'll get it eventually (hopefully sooner eventually)...
    Got John's album today!

  10. #160
    Member Steve F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Fluffy Cloud
    Posts
    3,522
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Got John's album today!
    glad to hear it.
    Steve F.

    www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

    "You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

    "Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

    please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

  11. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by headcrash View Post


    Wow : Tre Ut c'est super !!!

  12. #162
    Anybody know if they will do this again on June 5th?

  13. #163
    Seems to be the case, yes
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

  14. #164
    Member thedunno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Anybody know if they will do this again on June 5th?
    https://daily.bandcamp.com/features/...-19-fundraiser

  15. #165
    Member PixelDelirium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kendall Park, NJ
    Posts
    182
    Bump. Coming up again this Friday, June 1.

  16. #166
    Member thedunno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,080
    On my shopping list so far for tomorrow friday june 5

    RUINZHATOVA - Live in Somewhere
    French TV - Stories without fingerprints
    Sinouj - La Fiche
    Monobody - Raytracing
    News from babel - Letters home
    Jennifer Curtis & Tyshawn Sorey - Invisible Ritual
    Crayola Lectern - Happy Endings
    Crayola Lectern - The Fall and Rise off...

  17. #167
    My (humble) list :
    Emme Phyzema - A Series of related dreams
    Trojka - Tre Ut

  18. #168
    Thinking about:

    Elliott Sharp: Isosceles
    Elliott Sharp: In The Land Of The Yahoos
    Elliott Sharp: Sferics
    Elliott Sharp: Cryptid Fragments
    Radio Massacre International Republic
    Steve Roach: Atmosphere For Dreaming
    Deluge Grander: August In The Urals
    Robbie Basho: Art Of 6 and 12 String Guitar
    Alien Planetscapes: Spacerock 3
    Last edited by GuitarGeek; 1 Day Ago at 12:07 PM.

  19. #169
    I follow over 1500 artists on Bandcamp. Ever since the first time Bandcamp did this "all proceeds to the artist" thing, many artists have started releasing new things on the day of (or day before) the promotion. That means that suddenly, I have tons of notification emails to go through. I wish the artists would put up the releases earlier so that I have time to check them out before the promotion day. Maybe it's for impulse buying purposes - that's not how I buy, but maybe it works for most people (most people probably don't follow over 1500 artists...).

    I'll be buying some albums this time that were actually released during the previous promotion - I just didn't have time to check them out at the time. Also, I find myself now waiting to buy albums until the next promotion. Of course, if there's a new release I just have to support immediately, I will. But most of them I bookmark and buy all at once during these promotions. Sorry - kind of just rambling and ranting.

  20. #170
    Member thedunno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by thedunno View Post
    On my shopping list so far for tomorrow friday june 5

    RUINZHATOVA - Live in Somewhere
    French TV - Stories without fingerprints
    Sinouj - La Fiche
    Monobody - Raytracing
    News from babel - Letters home
    Jennifer Curtis & Tyshawn Sorey - Invisible Ritual
    Crayola Lectern - Happy Endings
    Crayola Lectern - The Fall and Rise off...
    I just bought these plus..
    5uu's - Abandonship
    Aksak Mabout - Figures

  21. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by ergalthema View Post
    I follow over 1500 artists on Bandcamp. Ever since the first time Bandcamp did this "all proceeds to the artist" thing, many artists have started releasing new things on the day of (or day before) the promotion. That means that suddenly, I have tons of notification emails to go through. I wish the artists would put up the releases earlier so that I have time to check them out before the promotion day. Maybe it's for impulse buying purposes - that's not how I buy, but maybe it works for most people (most people probably don't follow over 1500 artists...).

    I'll be buying some albums this time that were actually released during the previous promotion - I just didn't have time to check them out at the time. Also, I find myself now waiting to buy albums until the next promotion. Of course, if there's a new release I just have to support immediately, I will. But most of them I bookmark and buy all at once during these promotions. Sorry - kind of just rambling and ranting.
    I feel you. I opened my email inbox this morning and it's Bandcamp notification after Bandcamp notification. I get why, but the totality of it leaves me paying less attention.

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

  22. #172
    Yes. Biggest number of unread messages I've ever seen in my inbox, all from Bandcamp.

    Bought lots. Paid more where I could, when I could to those with whom I feel alignment or support regarding the bigger picture. Wish I could do more.
    Ephemeral Sun - because I gotta do something about these boxes of CDs in the basement: http://www.ephemeralsun.com

  23. #173
    Here's the shopping list for today:

    Soft Machine: Live at the Baked Potato
    Zombi: 2020
    The Fierce and the Dead: The Euphoric
    The Fierce and the Dead: Live USA 17
    Melvins: 26 Songs (I don't have this already? Really?)
    Wolf People: Live at the Chapel
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

  24. #174
    I got the new album by covet: https://covetband.bandcamp.com/album/technicolor

    Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

  25. #175
    Member District97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    136
    We're reviving our Social Distancing Sale today only (Friday, 6/5 thru 11:59 PM PST) and offering 20% off EVERYTHING at http://district97.bandcamp.com/ with code D9720off at checkout. We've also just started offering One More Red Night (Live with John Wetton) there.

    Here's Tim absolutely shredding on Bread & Yarn live in the studio to get you excited to go check it out. Did you think it was guitar?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •